Travel Mugs - "Bubba Kegs"??

BCSmallTownGirl

I wonder if you can use your own insulated mug? We (and many others) do that at the all inclusive resorts we have been to and it is great -- the bartender pours right into your mug and it keeps your drink cold while you are lounging in the sun clear.png?emoji-cool-1690Anyone know if that's ok on the ship, or is it frowned upon?

I wonder if you can use your own insulated mug? We (and many others) do that at the all inclusive resorts we have been to and it is great -- the bartender pours right into your mug and it keeps your drink cold while you are lounging in the sun clear.png?emoji-cool-1690Anyone know if that's ok on the ship, or is it frowned upon?

I can't answer that question as I have no firsthand knowledge, but, couldn't you just pour the drink from the glass into your insulated cup yourself? Assuming the bartender wouldn't honor your request.

I suspect for cross-contamination reasons they will not let a bartender fill your mug directly (much like not letting you fill water bottles directly from the tap at the buffet) but there's nothing stopping you from ordering a drink and then transferring it from the cup it comes in to your mug.

I can't answer that question as I have no firsthand knowledge, but, couldn't you just pour the drink from the glass into your insulated cup yourself? Assuming the bartender wouldn't honor your request.

I suppose we can :)

Would it seem odd to do that on a cruise though? Never been on one, so don't know what would be considered gauche and don't want to be "one of those passengers" people may look sideways at. LOL! :)

It was one of the top tips people had on a website for our trip to the Mayan Riviera years ago - bring your buba keg! :D

I suppose we can :)

Would it seem odd to do that on a cruise though? Never been on one, so don't know what would be considered gauche and don't want to be "one of those passengers" people may look sideways at. LOL! :)

It was one of the top tips people had on a website for our trip to the Mayan Riviera years ago - bring your buba keg! :D

There will be those who look at you side ways no matter what you do...

And the majority will not care if you're drinking from fine crystal or a "Bubba Keg".

I used mine on my last cruise. In the morning I used it for my coffee to keep it nice and hot then later on I’d use it for my cold drinks just poured then in when I got them from the wait staff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you talking alcoholic or non alcoholic drinks? The difference between the cruise ship and an all inclusive is that the drinks are not included. You may have the UBP, making the drinks free; but they will still be served and charged/credited as individual drinks. In that case, just dump them in ur bubba and ask for another. You can see if they will serve you two at once. But yes, plenty of people use bubba mugs. I don’t think they’ll serve anything directly into it but no one will look at you sideways for dumping your drink into one.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We use our Yeti's too. Also, with the color coated ones you can get them engraved, used local mall engrave store, with the year/ship/cute saying. Became a great souvenir. Will continue to get one made for all cruises going forward. We did not have bartenders fill them directly. We did ask once, and was told no, but they suggested just pouring it inside the mug. Much more sanitary. Worked great and drinks stayed cold forever.

I go to the Dollar Store before a cruise and buy an insulated mug for my tea (you know how small their cups are) and a tall cold drink bottle. I use it for water or ice tea or alcoholic drinks. No one cares. Plus if you loose them, they were only a dollar!

One of the main reasons to use a bubba keg at the all inclusive it because it is so hot out that the drinks in the little plastic cups they give you have melted by the time you get back to your lounger on the beach ...this is not much of a problem on the ship