When's the best time to buy NCL excursions? Last minute, pre-cruise, or ?

erdoran

Just read a post here about an excursion at half price bought the day before (Atlantis hotel, Nassau). That got me curious - IF I want to pay the premium to do an NCL excursion, I know I get 10% off for paying on the ship - but are there other tricks or windows to get a discount? Obviously the "free at sea" promo, but I mean in addition to that. Should I wait till the last minute and hope there is room and a discount, or just advance reserve? Advice please.

We always book our tours online way in advance. This is more so the case when the tours have limited availability and can see out ..... and they do. I wouldn't wait to the last second to save a few bucks unless it was a tour that most wouldn't want to take or has plenty of availability. I wouldn't plan my cruise with fingers crossed hoping for a last second deal.

Just read a post here about an excursion at half price bought the day before (Atlantis hotel, Nassau). That got me curious - IF I want to pay the premium to do an NCL excursion, I know I get 10% off for paying on the ship - but are there other tricks or windows to get a discount? Obviously the "free at sea" promo, but I mean in addition to that. Should I wait till the last minute and hope there is room and a discount, or just advance reserve? Advice please.

You can get 10% off if you are silver and up by calling Shorex where you don’t have to pay until you take it. You have I think 24 or 48 hrs before to cancel it. I booked mine over the phone because we also have the $50.00 off excursion per port. I didn’t want to pay now.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I always pre-book online as far in advance as possible. Today I just booked my 3 "most wanted" excursions for my Alaska cruise on the Bliss August 25... It's risky to wait, particularly if you've got your heart set on a particular excursion. If you are open to doing just about anything then waiting is fine of course. I have seen popular excursions fill up months in advance - no exaggeration. If you don't want to book them all in advance because you want to wait for shipboard currency or promotions, I would suggest at least booking the ones you most want or would be upset to miss and waiting to book the other ports.

There was one time in which I noticed that an excursion we booked pre-cruise was more expensive on board. I recall it because I mentioned it to DW and we were happy we pre-booked. I can’t remember the details, but it wasn’t that much more.

We pre-book excursions we want because the popular, limited excursions do fill up. We booked the “Ultimate Rome” excursion and it was not offered on board. We did so because it was our first W Med cruise and we were inexperienced. If we do it again, then we would look at a private tour.

Personally, pick the excursions you want to go on for each port, and call NCL and reserve it sooner rather than later. By reserving it, you don't pay until you take the excursion, but it gives you the flexibility to change one if you want. :D

Personally, pick the excursions you want to go on for each port, and call NCL and reserve it sooner rather than later. By reserving it, you don't pay until you take the excursion, but it gives you the flexibility to change one if you want. :D

I booked shore excursions for the first time this way today. If the price goes up before your cruise, do you get the booked price or is it priced at the rate on board?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would definitely prebook. We are cruising with family. They booked their excursions two days before us , just days after the excursions were released. Two days later, it’s booked and we couldn’t get into the same tour. Ugh. So we then booked the rest of our trips by calling to get our port credit and our latitude discount