Currently on board Solstice -- some interesting observations

Wine-O

Another observation worth mentioning, they've gotten rid of those large, clunky service carts that are out in the hallways. Instead, they have smaller service carts that can sit in the alcove while servicing a particular stateroom. Much, much better when walking thru the passageways.

Another observation worth mentioning, they've gotten rid of those large, clunky service carts that are out in the hallways. Instead, they have smaller service carts that can sit in the alcove while servicing a particular stateroom. Much, much better when walking thru the passageways.

I have to know how you got that 35% discount off the beverage package. I have friends coming whom I told I’d pay for their bev package and I want to upgrade my bev package to premium too.

Where aboard or whom did you speak to about negotiating that discount? I know on the first day before the ship sets sail they are always offering dinning packages and such at a discount. Literally your post earlier was an answer to my prayers haha :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to know how you got that 35% discount off the beverage package. I have friends coming whom I told I’d pay for their bev package and I want to upgrade my bev package to premium too.

Where aboard or whom did you speak to about negotiating that discount? I know on the first day before the ship sets sail they are always offering dinning packages and such at a discount. Literally your post earlier was an answer to my prayers haha :)

I didn't get the 35% discount on the bev package, just the upgrade.

After we boarded, we were walking to Blu to check out the wine list to see if it was advantageous to upgrade or not. On the way down the passageway, one of the normal "hawks" asked if we wanted to upgrade, and offered us a price of $132, which included the gratuity.

I kept walking to Blu, met with the sommelier, checked out the wine list, then told her the person down the hall offered us a discount. She then went on the computer, worked her magic, and came up with a price of $129 and change, so both of us upgraded.

My wife really didn't need to upgrade because she doesn't drink a lot of top shelf drinks, but she wanted access to the martini bar drinks. She would have been far better off just paying the dollar or two difference for each drink for as little as she used the premium, but for the sake of not making an issue out of it at the beginning of what turned out to be a delightful cruise, I just went ahead and did it for her also. :rolleyes: :D :D

I didn't get the 35% discount on the bev package, just the upgrade.

After we boarded, we were walking to Blu to check out the wine list to see if it was advantageous to upgrade or not. On the way down the passageway, one of the normal "hawks" asked if we wanted to upgrade, and offered us a price of $132, which included the gratuity.

I kept walking to Blu, met with the sommelier, checked out the wine list, then told her the person down the hall offered us a discount. She then went on the computer, worked her magic, and came up with a price of $129 and change, so both of us upgraded.

My wife really didn't need to upgrade because she doesn't drink a lot of top shelf drinks, but she wanted access to the martini bar drinks. She would have been far better off just paying the dollar or two difference for each drink for as little as she used the premium, but for the sake of not making an issue out of it at the beginning of what turned out to be a delightful cruise, I just went ahead and did it for her also. :rolleyes: :D :D

Haha happy wife happy life is what they say :) how long is your sailing? I’m about to go on a 10 day sailing aboard reflection this Friday and I always upgrade to premium for martini bar drinks. However it’s only $11.80 USD a day more so at 10 days that’s only $118. You must be on a long sailing then? I don’t quite get how that price of $129 is a discount?

Haha happy wife happy life is what they say :) how long is your sailing? I’m about to go on a 10 day sailing aboard reflection this Friday and I always upgrade to premium for martini bar drinks. However it’s only $11.80 USD a day more so at 10 days that’s only $118. You must be on a long sailing then? I don’t quite get how that price of $129 is a discount?

I could be wrong but when I read it, it sounded like they both upgraded for the $129 (not per person).

• 2 months later...

It's been almost a year and a half since we've sailed Celebrity and Aqua Class. Here are some of my observations:

Mast Bar -- Smoke free on Solstice. I great plus to enjoy a drink up there.

Currently onboard Solstice and have been enjoying a smoke-free Mast Bar. But then yesterday (day #5) the ash trays appeared on the tables and they were there again today as well. It was nice while it lasted! Will see what happens the rest of the voyage, which has another six days to go.

Currently onboard Solstice and have been enjoying a smoke-free Mast Bar. But then yesterday (day #5) the ash trays appeared on the tables and they were there again today as well. It was nice while it lasted! Will see what happens the rest of the voyage, which has another six days to go.

Sorry to hear that. Probably different Captain/Staff Captain/Hotel Manager. People need to reflect dissatisfaction on surveys/comment cards. :(

We are sailing the Equinox in a few months and will be in Blu. I remember the last time I was in Aqua that the premium wines by the glass were often different than what you saw in other bars. Did you find that to be the case?

We are sailing the Equinox in a few months and will be in Blu. I remember the last time I was in Aqua that the premium wines by the glass were often different than what you saw in other bars. Did you find that to be the case?

Yes, they did have nicer premium wines in the dining roon than they did at the normal bars. I'm assuming it will all vary from ship to ship. We had lunch in the MDR, and they had a listing of all the wines that were included in the Classic, and also a separate page of all the wines included in the Premium package. Sometimes they had wines that were not on the list. At least that was the case in Blu. You just have to ask.

Yes, they did have nicer premium wines in the dining roon than they did at the normal bars. I'm assuming it will all vary from ship to ship. We had lunch in the MDR, and they had a listing of all the wines that were included in the Classic, and also a separate page of all the wines included in the Premium package. Sometimes they had wines that were not on the list. At least that was the case in Blu. You just have to ask.

on our first night in the MDR there were only a few wines listed on the menu and none appealed, so I asked if they had any shiraz as I was having a beef dish and they bought out a wonderful Shiraz from South Australia - so I had that most nights

What do you think of it so far?

Phil

Thanks for posting!

Travelling on the celebrity solstice in oct 2018 hawaii to sydney,was wondering how much the wine packages cost?also what ones are included?Not sure at all whether to get a package or not.Thanks :cool:

• 4 weeks later...
Great observations, Wine-O, thanks! Favor -- since you're talking beverages there any chance you could find a printed breakdown of the beverage packages and what drinks and mixed drinks are included? The ones I keep seeing -- such as this one: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2491731&highlight=classic+premium -- are outdated, which is too bad as they are super helpful! I know the drink limit for Classic is $8 now, and I understand certain items have been moved to the premium package. Trying to decide if I will need to upgrade. If you could get your hands on a current one, I'd be forever indebted!

This is dated May 15, 2018 so while very current, Wine-O may be able to provide something even better?

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/11026027_CEL_Beverage_Packages_Flyer.pdf