Sale/Pricing Question

Italy52

Yes. but often if you speak with a cruise consultant or a TA they will review the current plans to see which best suits you. For example, if a sale offers a drink card and you don't drink, then it's not worth it. It seems there are always several programs operating at the same time. If you know what you like and don't like it helps with the decision.

I am familiar with the fact that some cruise lines will offer perks with their "sale" booking only to see that they jack the price of the cruise to offset the "free perks." Is HAL the same way?

One thing to remember. HAL allows you to book without the perks. This may be in your benefit since HAL, like all cruise lines, builds the price of the perk into the price. IOW, you can save money by booking without the perks. We often do that because we know we don't drink enough to make the drink package pay. Just ask for the price with and without the perks.

Not always. I had a cruise booked for last summer. When the Explore 4 came out the price was exactly the same and I got the 4 offers added. For a current booking the first sale that came out added $100 to my fare but the vale was $300 so I did it. The following sale added more goodies and the price dropped $100 so even steven there.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I appreciate it. Since we will be using our Hilton Honors points for this particular cruise we won't be able to change anything once the booking is made. So, for the time being, I think I will wait and see if any sales pop up before I make that booking.