Mega Food on Netflix

Can you explain more about this?

It's a show about places or businesses that produce very large quantities of food. This particular episode focuses on the Oasis of the Seas. It shows a typical week of food on the ship. How it starts on the initial day of the cruise to the end. It's very interesting to see the storage of it, all the people involved in preparing, and all the care involved. They are a very well oiled machine!

We watched this last night! Found it incredibly interesting.

I feel more people who travel on cruise ships should watch this, especially those that think they are going to get a personally cooked, hot/steaming, best meal of their lives when the crew is cooking for 6000+ people.

Water keeps you alive, food is just an energy boost :)

It was interesting how all the "cooks" sampled the evening's fare and saw how it was to be prepared on a plate. I don't know how they remember all the details. The waiter generally tells me what he thinks will be good if I ask and discreetly lets me know "don't choose that." Don't always follow his guidelines, but generally they have a good idea I think.

• 3 weeks later...
We watched this last night! Found it incredibly interesting.

I feel more people who travel on cruise ships should watch this, especially those that think they are going to get a personally cooked, hot/steaming, best meal of their lives when the crew is cooking for 6000+ people.

Water keeps you alive, food is just an energy boost :)

I totally agree. I’ll never have a “special request “ in the dining room again lol. I’ll just eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums