Junior suite on anthem of the seas...

Hi all,

Can someone please help me figure out the mess of junior suite options of the Anthem Of the seas?

I booked room 10210 which is apparently a family junior suite, but on a high deck. I think the code for the room right now is J3? Also available options were:

Jr suite, Jr suite with large balcony. Also I’ve heard of spa Jr suites.

J4, J5, J3 ...2....ugh, this is a bit much...I think they need to rename those cabins to avoid confusion.

Some clarification would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks!

I am pretty sure that family junior suite and spa junior suite are the same thing. Getting an extra 1/2 bathrooms is the only difference from a standard junior suite. Large balcony is just that... deeper balcony (not wider)... same size suite. I believe the numbers just refer to the general preferability of the deck location.... the higher the number the worse (less preferred) the location? Hopefully someone will add more clarification if I am wrong on this.

I am pretty sure that family junior suite and spa junior suite are the same thing. Getting an extra 1/2 bathrooms is the only difference from a standard junior suite. Large balcony is just that... deeper balcony (not wider)... same size suite.

So are you saying that there are only 3 categories of Junior Suites?

The 3 types of Jr suites on Anthem are very different. As far as I know, the only categories of Jr. Suites are J1s, J3s and J4s and they are not recategorized based on the deck.

Spa Jr. Suite (J4): Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Large, spa-inspired split bathroom with soaking tub, large separate shower with frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink are independent. Sitting area with corner settee. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 2. (267 sq. ft. Balcony: 81 sq. ft.)

Family Jr. Suite (J3): Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Full bathroom with tub. Separate half bath. Sitting area with sofa that converts to double bed. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 4 or 5. (301 sq. ft. Balcony: 81 sq. ft). The ones on deck 9 have pullmans in addition to the sofa.

Jr. Suite with large balcony (J1): Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Full bathroom with tub. Sitting area with sofa that converts to double bed. Private balcony. Semi-private vestibule can be used to connect adjacent Studio Interior Stateroom and Ocean View Balcony Stateroom. Sleeps up to 4. Stateroom: 276 sq. ft. Balcony: 161 sq. ft.

The 3 types of Jr suites on Anthem are very different. As far as I know, the only categories of Jr. Suites are J1s, J3s and J4s and they are not recategorized based on the deck.

Spa Jr. Suite (J4): Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Large, spa-inspired split bathroom with soaking tub, large separate shower with frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink are independent. Sitting area with corner settee. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 2. (267 sq. ft. Balcony: 81 sq. ft.)

Family Jr. Suite (J3): Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Full bathroom with tub. Separate half bath. Sitting area with sofa that converts to double bed. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 4 or 5. (301 sq. ft. Balcony: 81 sq. ft). The ones on deck 9 have pullmans in addition to the sofa.

Jr. Suite with large balcony (J1): Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to Royal King. Full bathroom with tub. Sitting area with sofa that converts to double bed. Private balcony. Semi-private vestibule can be used to connect adjacent Studio Interior Stateroom and Ocean View Balcony Stateroom. Sleeps up to 4. Stateroom: 276 sq. ft. Balcony: 161 sq. ft.

TYVM, this is exactly what I was looking for. Now to decide If being on deck 10 in a family jr suite {J3} is better than a spa jr suite on deck 7...

Thoughts anyone?

DH and I had a spa junior suite on Anthem a couple months ago. I personally didn't care for the bath and a half setup. I would rather have more living/sleeping area space than two tiny bathrooms.

Your reply confuses me...

I'm trying to figure out which JS to book. Both have "2" areas for bathrooms correct? Does one offer more living/sleeping area?

Your reply confuses me...

I'm trying to figure out which JS to book. Both have "2" areas for bathrooms correct? Does one offer more living/sleeping area?

Family JS has 301 square feet and sleeps four or five

Spa JS has 267 square feet and sleeps two

I do now see they both have a bath and a half (I don't know the size of the baths in the family JS) but I would still prefer the larger cabin.

I would go for the J1 - Junior Suite with Large Balcony.

We had one of those on our January 2017 cruise (you can see pictures in my link below). The room was spacious and the balcony was large with comfortable lounge chairs (not a chair and ottoman). We liked the layout. I would go with this type of Junior Suite again.

Friends of ours had a spa junior suite which we visited them to see. We didn’t really like it. The Bath and 1/2 was an odd set up - each one very small. The room itself was smaller. And their balcony looked like the same size balcony you have with a regular balcony room. They also just had chairs with footstools rather than lounge chairs. They loved the room and booked it again.

It’s all personal opinion and I’m sure some people like the other choices better.

Thank you

Noreen

I would go for the J1 - Junior Suite with Large Balcony.

We had one of those on our January 2017 cruise (you can see pictures in my link below). The room was spacious and the balcony was large with comfortable lounge chairs (not a chair and ottoman). We liked the layout. I would go with this type of Junior Suite again.

Friends of ours had a spa junior suite which we visited them to see. We didn’t really like it. The Bath and 1/2 was an odd set up - each one very small. The room itself was smaller. And their balcony looked like the same size balcony you have with a regular balcony room. They also just had chairs with footstools rather than lounge chairs. They loved the room and booked it again.

It’s all personal opinion and I’m sure some people like the other choices better.

Thank you

Noreen

Thanks Noreen,

Do you have any pics of the bathroom set-up in that J1? Was it more like Spa or Family?

Just called and switched my Familty Jr Suite to the Spa Jr Suite...The determining factors were the stand up rain shower and the fact that the Spa Jr suite was o the hump so we could see both front and aft from the balcony.

Here is a little trickier question, does anyone know which side the ships docks on for the following ports:

San Juan, Puerto Rico,

Philipsburg (St. Maarten),

St John's, Antigua and Barbuda,

Castries, St. Lucia,

Bridgetown, Barbados and

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis?

This would be great to know so I can choose the side of the ship I want to be on!

Thanks!

Just called and switched my Familty Jr Suite to the Spa Jr Suite...The determining factors were the stand up rain shower and the fact that the Spa Jr suite was o the hump so we could see both front and aft from the balcony.

Here is a little trickier question, does anyone know which side the ships docks on for the following ports:

San Juan, Puerto Rico,

Philipsburg (St. Maarten),

St John's, Antigua and Barbuda,

Castries, St. Lucia,

Bridgetown, Barbados and

Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis?

This would be great to know so I can choose the side of the ship I want to be on!

Thanks!

The side of the ship used to dock can vary cruise to cruise.

Thanks Noreen,

Do you have any pics of the bathroom set-up in that J1? Was it more like Spa or Family?

Hi

It’s not like either of the other two set ups. More the traditional junior suite. One bathroom but with a tub and a bit larger than the bathrooms in the regular balcony cabins.

Let me pull out some pics from January 2017. More pics are in my linked review in my signature line. The junior suite was January 2017.

7ad851dbad5d8fae06858027c350da63.jpg

2d61c05b19677be3f3cd46abe1473cdc.jpg

1e54aa97f3b909dc163de808b79d87c0.jpg

829bb80c3d77e851831bc478b3b8830f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had one of those Anthem mid-ship deck 10 jr suites. Was called Family JS at the time (last summer). Loved it. 2 bathrooms were great for 3 women to use. Nice and spacious cabin.

Remember--you can have dinner at the suites restaurant--Coastal Kitchen.

The Spa Junior Suite has 2 baths, but only 1 toilet which is located in the half bath along with a sink. There is a tub/shower combo, plus a walk-in shower and sink are located in the main bathroom.

The Family Junior Suite has 2 baths and 2 toilets, one in each bathroom. However, you give up the walk-in shower and there is only a tub/shower combo. Each bathroom has a sink.

Slightly more cabinet space in the FJS because of the cabinets on either side of the bed.

Hi

It’s not like either of the other two set ups. More the traditional junior suite. One bathroom but with a tub and a bit larger than the bathrooms in the regular balcony cabins.

Let me pull out some pics from January 2017. More pics are in my linked review in my signature line. The junior suite was January 2017.

The photos that you have provided are part of a Family Connected Junior Suite which is not the typical layout of a Spa Junior Suite or a Family Junior Suite. This link will show you the hallway between cabins https://www.cruisecritic.com/anthem-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=706&deck=8 Edited by cruisenfever

Hi

It probably doesn't make any difference to most of you but we don't care for the location of the TV (we actually watch TV when we cruise) in the JS & Family JS...the SJS works better for us...where the TV faces (is at) the end of the bed.

It probably doesn't make any difference to most of you but we don't care for the location of the TV (we actually watch TV when we cruise) in the JS & Family JS...the SJS works better for us...where the TV faces (is at) the end of the bed.

That's the one problem with the Family Connected Junior Suite and TV location.

The photos that you have provided are part of a Family Connected Junior Suite which is not the typical layout of a Spa Junior Suite or a Family Junior Suite. This link will show you the hallway between cabins https://www.cruisecritic.com/anthem-of-the-seas-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=706&deck=8

Correct they aren’t like the spa or family JS. They are more like a traditional junior suite on other ships.

The whole family connected piece didn’t make a difference. There was a vestibule that had a door that remained open and there were three separate cabins in there each with their own doors. Our junior suite and the others I think were a balcony and an inside. We didn’t know the people in the other two cabins and don’t think we even saw them during the cruise.

I liked the layout of this JS the best since it had the largest open plan and the largest balcony.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hi

I think the TV swiveled. I know we would put it on going to bed or getting ready and don’t remember it being difficult to watch.

Hi

I think the TV swiveled. I know we would put it on going to bed or getting ready and don’t remember it being difficult to watch.

Yes...Of course it swivel's but still not the same since we actually sit in bed and watch it. So it makes a difference to maybe some of us ;)

Hi. The family Jr. suite is set up with an additional passageway door so the you can basically have two cabins together. I don’t remember anything different about the suite. A Spa Jr. Suite has an additional half bath which is nice if you are traveling with someone else. Don’t remember the other Jr. Suites and that is what I stay in all the time.

If you haven’t stayed in a Jr. Suite before, you should expect a walk-in closet, robes and upgraded toiletries.

Patti