car parking southampton

gillyg

We always prefer to use CPS as their system is so easy. I looked today for the price using parking4cruises and they were much more expensive....admittedly it’s only a three nighter. £75 with parking4cruises as against £61 with CPS. I have booked with CPS. [emoji924][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We always prefer to use CPS as their system is so easy. I looked today for the price using parking4cruises and they were much more expensive....admittedly it’s only a three nighter. £75 with parking4cruises as against £61 with CPS. I have booked with CPS. [emoji924][emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Is the three nighter parking with CPS a self-park set up like the two nighters. Whenever I have done a two nighter CPS employed a self-park system. They had guys supervising you parking your own car. They ignored the parking bay markings and parked everybody at very acute en echelon pattern with very narrow access lanes. If you knew this beforehand you would let one of the passengers get out to sort the luggage out and wait for you at the terminal entrance. By the time you are parked up you otherwise needed to haul your cases across the car park to the terminal which could be a long way. You kept your keys and had to remember where the car was left, they never moved.

Regards John

We've always used CPS even when we've been on a world cruise which has been twice to date. We've never had a problem and we like the convenience. I can't say how they compare price wise because we've never considered using anyone else.We usually opt for the OBC and pay for the parking.

I have used P4C a number of times and have never had a problem with their service but do worry about the security and safety of my car while cruising. CPS meet ParkMark security which is a leading industrial standard P4C meet none of these requirements.
You mean they have not paid to join ParkMark.

You do seem to place a lot of faith in a parking certificate given out by an organisation whose only income is from certified members who have paid for the privilege. No real incentive in that for ParkMark to refuse to grant membership then.:confused:

By the way scroll a bit left and down from the P4C car park on google maps and just behind the Mayflower terminal you will spot the CPS storage park, it looks very similar to P4C car park only bigger, very tightly packed, and the only route to it from Ocean terminal is via public roads of a similar distance to P4C, and I doubt its any more secure even if it is inside the port area, since most of the the area is freely open to public access.

However I accept that both seem to offer a very similar service, just that one is generally much cheaper than the other.

Before I retired I was a shuttle bus driver for the ships crews and frequently watched drivers take cars from passengers and park them up in the docks. As far as I can remember I never saw any untoward driving or problems with parking the cars up. Also the cars that get parked up in the docks stay in the docks and are not moved to other areas once the ships sails. If I didn't live in Southampton and had to drive to the docks I would have no fear in leaving my car. Obviously I can only say what I saw and can't speak for others which are parked outside the docks but I've heard nothing bad about them.

You mean they have not paid to join ParkMark.

You do seem to place a lot of faith in a parking certificate given out by an organisation whose only income is from certified members who have paid for the privilege. No real incentive in that for ParkMark to refuse to grant membership then.:confused:

By the way scroll a bit left and down from the P4C car park on google maps and just behind the Mayflower terminal you will spot the CPS storage park, it looks very similar to P4C car park only bigger, very tightly packed, and the only route to it from Ocean terminal is via public roads of a similar distance to P4C, and I doubt its any more secure even if it is inside the port area, since most of the the area is freely open to public access.

However I accept that both seem to offer a very similar service, just that one is generally much cheaper than the other.

No I dont mean that P4C have not paid to join ParkMark I mean that P4C parking standards do not reach ParkMark standards.

On a pals recommendation we're using Airlynx in June for our 14 night Britannia cruise. Park near Southampton FC and get bussed in to the port. Cost was £97 for 15 days parking, all the dock parking I enquired on was well over £100.

On a pals recommendation we're using Airlynx in June for our 14 night Britannia cruise. Park near Southampton FC and get bussed in to the port. Cost was £97 for 15 days parking, all the dock parking I enquired on was well over £100.

Just looked at Airlynx and quote for our 14 nt cruise on Sapphire Princess in May parking at Britannia Wharf in Southampton was £127.50. Parking4Cruises who meet and greet in short stay car park at Mayflower/Ocean terminal for same cruise is £109.