Flight time

cabinluvn

We are sailing January 2019. I already did our flight, using FF miles. Originally leaving at Ft Lauderdale at 4:56 PM. Just got notification that our flight was changed to leave at 11:50. Is it feasible to make this flight on disembarkation day? Should we rely on the ship’s transfer or take Uber or Lyft? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by cabinluvn

If you are leaving from Ft Lauderdale, Tampa or San Diego -- an 11:50 flight will fine. Anything earlier than that -- not good.

DO NOT use HAL's transfers -- you have to wait until the bus is filled before it leaves for the airport. Use Lift, Uber or a taxi -- plenty of taxis right outside the terminals.

Any flight time before noon out of Fort Lauderdale makes me nervous. Unless you are willing to do self-disembarkation, I'd try to move to a later flight. On my last cruise anyone with a disembarkation time assigned before 9:00 took over an hour to get their luggage and clear customs/immigration. At that point, the halted disembarkation for over an hour to let the lines go down. My original time was 9:45. I got off closer to 11:00 and was on the bus to the airport in less than 15 minutes. My brother's original time was 8:45 and we were just being called off the ship when he was getting into his Uber to the airport.

In my experience, things get backed up very quickly in Fort Lauderdale and an 11:40 flight would make me very nervous.

11:50 is close enough to noon that I wouldn't worry. Normally, I don't book a flight before noon, so we had a 1:05 pm flight. Our group was called at 8:15 and we were at the airport by 8:45 and actually had to wait to check in our bags as we were too early.

Of course, things can happen and there can be delays, but I wouldn't worry too much about it.

I'm with the others who say you should be fine.

Just do self disembarkation/the first group after it to disembark and grab a cab / uber and you will be fine.

Cab rides are very quick. Security/Immigration at FLL can take time but you have more than enough in my experience for your flight.

And, do keep your eye on flight changes as already suggested.

Thanks for everyone’s replies. It is AA and they never sent me notice of flight change! I was checking because I paid the add on insurance and never got the policy. We have TSA pre check and global entry as well, so I think we might be OK. We originally had a 4:45 departure, so not sure why they did this. We also had signed up for the HAL transfer with the Everglades. Might have to call them and see why they switched us

Thanks for everyone’s replies. It is AA and they never sent me notice of flight change! I was checking because I paid the add on insurance and never got the policy. We have TSA pre check and global entry as well, so I think we might be OK. We originally had a 4:45 departure, so not sure why they did this. We also had signed up for the HAL transfer with the Everglades. Might have to call them and see why they switched us

I've had flight changes with United and never received any notification, either. It always seems to happen when I fly to Seattle. Last year, I found out about a change by pure luck when I I logged into my account for some reason and saw a notification there. It also gave me a chance to change flights (same day) without penalty. They had changed my 9 AM flight to 6 AM, but I found a noon flight, and was able to change to that.

I agree that you should be OK at 11:50. But do a dummy booking and see what other flights are available before you call anyone.