Cheers

aamato27

I thought that Cheers was less online than on the ship. Correct me if I'm wrong it was $41.99 or close to it and $51 on the ship. Please let me know I'm trying to figure out if its worth it and when I went to book the price is listed as $51.95.

Thanks

From the Carnival website:

• The cost to pre-purchase CHEERS! prior to your cruise is $51.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity. CHEERS!can be purchased online at www.carnival.com/Funshops or by contacting 'The Fun Shops' Department at 800 522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase is at 10:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.
  • Once on board your ship, you can sign up for CHEERS! at a bar location and the cost is $56.95 USD per person, per day plus 15% gratuity.

Does Cheers (or anything else you can pre-purchase online) ever go "on sale"?

I know on Royal, they run periodic sales on their drink packages, excursions, etc. Does Carnival ever do this?

Also, if I buy Cheers now and then change my mind....can I cancel before my cruise without penalty (we have booked our first Carnival cruise and I'm not sure about their "rules")?

Thanks

Does Cheers (or anything else you can pre-purchase online) ever go "on sale"?

I know on Royal, they run periodic sales on their drink packages, excursions, etc. Does Carnival ever do this?

Also, if I buy Cheers now and then change my mind....can I cancel before my cruise without penalty (we have booked our first Carnival cruise and I'm not sure about their "rules")?

Thanks

No, Cheers! never goes on sale. You can save money on it in 2 ways:

(a) buy before boarding the ship -- save $5 per day

(b) use Carnival gift cards to buy it -- you can save 10% on the gift cards through AARP (maybe a few other places)

If you change your mind, you can cancel up to a day or so before the cruise (check Carnival's website to be sure). Once on board, or if bought on board, it is nonrefundable.

I've never seen a sale or discount on drink packages. (Although I did take advantage of a brief reduction in 2014 which was based on the length of the cruise.) Excursions and the spa will sometimes offer a discount, but don't count on it, or what you want, to be discounted. If you stay attuned to John Heald, he will sometimes offer a discount code for excursions or spa treatments.

No, Cheers! never goes on sale. You can save money on it in 2 ways:

(a) buy before boarding the ship -- save $5 per day

(b) use Carnival gift cards to buy it -- you can save 10% on the gift cards through AARP (maybe a few other places)

If you change your mind, you can cancel up to a day or so before the cruise (check Carnival's website to be sure). Once on board, or if bought on board, it is nonrefundable.

this is what we did in August and I am glad I went that route. I'm attaching the Cheers Evaluator that many have found helpful.

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator (1).xls

this is what we did in August and I am glad I went that route. I'm attaching the Cheers Evaluator that many have found helpful.

I've seen that Excel spreadsheet "Cheers Evaluator" but I can never make it work. It allows me to change the length of the cruise and the price of the package, but it doesn't update the total package price. Am I doing something wrong?

Hi ricew001.

Although the evaluator is appreciated, it is formatted for Princess and not Carnival.

I know this because it lists exclusively Princess offerings like the International Cafe and Seawitch beer line and doesn't include Carnival items like Thirsty Frog beer and the Foster's oil cans

As mentioned above, this was formatted for Princess. But I have made a few modifications to help. I added what the costs of tips would be without Cheers. I've deleted some stuff. Left the coffee. Updated the basic beer prices. Still working on it. But it gave me an idea of what I was looking at. I didn't need it to be perfect.

Carnival Beverage Package Evaluator.xls