Dancing wait staff????

L1211

Our waiter on Pride last week couldn't wait till dance time. He was really into it and very good too.

I don't mind it at all and know when to scadaddle if I don't feel like seeing it once again....LOL (Run, when they blink the lights)

Ha! Good to know!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do they do the singing and dancing on 4 night cruises out of Long Beach, CA? We are on the Inspiration in August and my grandson would love it.

Thanks

They do! And they will love it.

If it happened during dinner at any restaurant on land I would cringe. On the cruise, I enjoy my wine and go with the flow. I even danced with them a few times. Loosen up dammit! :-)

I'm there to have a good time. Most of the staff seems to enjoy themselves with it. A youtube clip is not a good gauge of how it is to be there. It would seem very 80s, but so what.

If you want to be a stick in the mud, you've got Norwegian to cruise on! :'):'):'):')(just a joke)

BTW - If I seen any of you with a sour look on your face during the dance, I'm heading over to give a lap dance!

I appreciate that many people enjoy this, but I do not. it does not really bother me, but I don't feel the need to clap, hoot, twirl napkin etc, and would rather not sit through it before I can make my way out of the MDR, or wait between courses for it to end.

The twirling napkins is disgusting.

We are late diners. 8pm or later. Sounds like we just might miss it. Thanks for the reply!

We always do late fixed seating. The servers in the fixed dining room/area normally (but not every night) do one song loosely timed to happen between the entree course and desert.

If you have a team of 3 often one will keep working while the other 2 "dance".

The servers seem to take personal pride if their tables cheer them on or clap along. It makes for a light, fun rapport between servers and servees throughout the cruise. :D

Wow... First class, grade A, rubbish!!! Even though YOU may not like it, don't lie about it.

If you do not see this, you just don't read people very well or are not looking for it. Watch them, pay attention to their facial expressions when they are forced to do this. Yes, a few seem ok with it, maybe a few even enjoy it, but many appear degraded and unhappy that they are forced to perform.

Now, if you are fine with this, that is ok. I know that I do things at work I do not care for all the time, but don't tell yourself they are looking forward to the next time they can dance for the Americans.

Wow... First class, grade A, rubbish!!! Even though YOU may not like it, don't lie about it.

(y)

Seems like these days there are those who dissect every situation to find a way to spin it into something to be outraged over. In this case the potential servers all know that dancing in the MDR is part of the job description and many of them rake in a lot of extra tips to send home over the good rapport

Sometimes it's just the worst timing, like when you've just gotten your dessert menus and you just want to order and eat your WCMC and get on with your evening. At these times it seems like the shenanigans last over half an hour.

We tolerate it, but tend to think it's a successful evening if we can get out of MDR before it starts.

Sorry they seem to last for over half an hour for you but to rest everyone's fears it really is about 5 minutes. Lots of fun to watch the quiet assistant get into the routine.

If you do not see this, you just don't read people very well or are not looking for it. Watch them, pay attention to their facial expressions when they are forced to do this. Yes, a few seem ok with it, maybe a few even enjoy it, but many appear degraded and unhappy that they are forced to perform.

Now, if you are fine with this, that is ok. I know that I do things at work I do not care for all the time, but don't tell yourself they are looking forward to the next time they can dance for the Americans.

And you are no doubt well versed in reading the facial expressions of those from other cultures? Facial expressions are not universal.

Someone said not as bad as you think. I think it is twice as bad as you think. Watch their souls dying in their eyes as some of them dance. This really is a degrading pony show that the staff clearly hates. It is very evident. Then we all start spinning our napkins in the air just to make sure Norovirus has the best possible chance.

Please! Souls dying...exaggerate much?

As far of norovirus, I think Carnival has some of the lower rates of any cruise line. And they don't clearly hate it, many have a great time. For the wait staff that may hate it, they are parts of every job that people hate doing yet they still do it.