problems with MSC USA website

joanneTravels

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

I have an existing reservation and have not been able to log on to the MSC website for the past 3 days. :confused::confused:I am using the USA site. The weekend prior, I was able to log in using my booking number and was pleased to see their new site layout. However, there were glitches, like when trying to input data. It also showed that I had been assigned two cabins. One was correct. The other I had never heard of before.

I called MSC and the representative was able to make the changes/updates to my booking from her end, no problem. She did not see the 2nd cabin.

I tried Safari and also Chrome. Even Torch.

Have you been able to log into your booking?

I have an existing booking is NOT working.

However, if I enter my e-mail address and username, that is working.

I figured out just moments ago that my e-mail address wasn't working because the system is using my original e-mail from when I booked two years ago, and not the updated one.

I cancelled our MSC cruise, the website is intermittent at best, our personal cruise planner with them quit and I was never notified of the fact and no one had taken over her contacts, come to find out I couldn't make payments online-it was all or nothing at payoff date, no one ever returned calls or emails. So I said screw it I'll spend my money elsewhere where people take pride in their jobs and like helping people out. IMO terrible service.

I cancelled our MSC cruise, the website is intermittent at best, our personal cruise planner with them quit and I was never notified of the fact and no one had taken over her contacts, come to find out I couldn't make payments online-it was all or nothing at payoff date, no one ever returned calls or emails. So I said screw it I'll spend my money elsewhere where people take pride in their jobs and like helping people out. IMO terrible service.

Ever consider using a 3rd party?? TA or Internet Booking Agency?? They can answer all your questions (they will contact MSC) and pricing is the same. Just saying.....

I've been able to log into my booking with no issues. The only problem is that I want to buy the internet package and it is not available. I called and the representative said they changed on the 5th so that might be why they're unavailable now via the site, but they are available if I have my travel agent call and add it. My travel agent sort of sucks so I'll just wait it out and keep checking the site.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

... It also showed that I had been assigned two cabins. One was correct. The other I had never heard of before.

I tried Safari and also Chrome. Even Torch.

Have you been able to log into your booking?

I haven't had an issue seeing my three booked cruises; however, the first one (of a b2b in April/May--the only one that has been paid 100%) shows 3 cabins! My MSC agent emailed me a week ago and requested I call. I left a message and sent an email but she hadn't gotten back to me.

As often reported here, the website is a challenge at times (most of the times). Occasionally, Edge works for me when Chrome didn't.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

I can log in but the web page stalls when I try to access my booking. I called my agent who made some suggestions but I'm not willing to change web browsers are anything like that. I called MSC but I can't dial the number they provide. This cruise isn't until next Feb and I booked MSC to try them out. We have sailed several other line and this was booked at a travel show with an MSC rep who was present.

My agent called MSC and was told their web page is experiencing "growing pains" this has been going on for three weeks. I booked MSC for the deal and experience but I will probably cancel next week

I've been able to log into my booking with no issues. The only problem is that I want to buy the internet package and it is not available. I called and the representative said they changed on the 5th so that might be why they're unavailable now via the site, but they are available if I have my travel agent call and add it. My travel agent sort of sucks so I'll just wait it out and keep checking the site.

If you look around, you can find the internet packages. Looking under the "My Booking" under your name is the most direct way to get to the wi-fi packages.

I'm seeing either $127.90 or $79.90.

If you look around, you can find the internet packages. Looking under the "My Booking" under your name is the most direct way to get to the wi-fi packages.

I'm seeing either $127.90 or $79.90.

Thanks for the tip. When I posted my OP, the internet packages were not available. I was looking in the correct place, they just were not available. They have since reappeared (at different prices than you have available for your sailing) and I have purchased the internet, laundry and dining packages for my upcoming cruise. Life is good.

I can log in but the web page stalls when I try to access my booking. I called my agent who made some suggestions but I'm not willing to change web browsers are anything like that. I called MSC but I can't dial the number they provide. This cruise isn't until next Feb and I booked MSC to try them out. We have sailed several other line and this was booked at a travel show with an MSC rep who was present.

My agent called MSC and was told their web page is experiencing "growing pains" this has been going on for three weeks. I booked MSC for the deal and experience but I will probably cancel next week

Seriously???? #1 whats the rush?? Your cruise is 11 months away #2) you said you booked at a travel show directly with MSC...yet your also working with a TA?? So why can't they help?? Doesn't sound like a good agent. I don't even know my agent and booked my cruise through a Internet booking site. Any question, I couldn't resolve myself, was addressed by this Internet agency within 24 hours and they contacted MSC. Time to change agents...not cruise lines.