Harmony Express Self-Departure Question

We've got a 10am flight out of FLL Saturday, something we wouldn't normally book, but had to this time around.

We're planning to do the self-carry debarkation, but are wondering how zooey it is, if at all. I've read of people lining up crazy early, and just have no idea what to expect.

We have the mobile passport app and TSA-pre. Ideally, we'd like to be off the ship by around 7:30.

Any insight or experience would be helpful!

we will not do Harmony until April 7 but in Nov we did Allure and walked off the ship with our luggage at 7 am ..no line. right out thru customs and to a cab and were at the airport before 7:30 to get into check in security line which did move quickly and were at the gate for our 9:30 flight with plenty of time to spare.. so we did the same flights out this time... of course we realize this is does not guarantee any unforeseen complications, but if nothing arises, you will be fine.

Just did this on the 24th and although a 10 am flight is cutting it real close you can make it if you do the following:

Get in line early they will not start to let you off until 7:30 cause customs don't start until 7. They may start early. We were in line at 6:25 and the line was getting long then.

Have all uour luggage ready to go.

THEY DO NOT USE THAT MOBILE PASSPORT APP. Have your Seapass card in hand and passport open to ID page and it goes real quick.

Grab a cab and airport in less than 10 minutes.

Good Luck

On Harmony a month ago, we self-disembarked. Off the ship by 7:00, in a cab to FLL and waiting at the gate by 7:45.

Thank you. Did you have to line up early to be off by 7, or were you just able to walk off at that point?

Just did this on the 24th and although a 10 am flight is cutting it real close you can make it if you do the following:

Get in line early they will not start to let you off until 7:30 cause customs don't start until 7. They may start early. We were in line at 6:25 and the line was getting long then.

Have all uour luggage ready to go.

THEY DO NOT USE THAT MOBILE PASSPORT APP. Have your Seapass card in hand and passport open to ID page and it goes real quick.

Grab a cab and airport in less than 10 minutes.

Good Luck

Thank you. They are promoting use of the mobile app as a quicker way to clear customs. Are you saying they weren't using it at the pier??

Do I also understand you waited in line from 6:25 to 7:30 just to leave this ship?

Thank you. They are promoting use of the mobile app as a quicker way to clear customs. Are you saying they weren't using it at the pier??

Do I also understand you waited in line from 6:25 to 7:30 just to leave this ship?

p.s. I also had the mobile app downloaded. But when we got off at 7:00, there was absolutely no line at Customs, so we went right through with just a quick passport check.

Have absolutely used (it was noted in the Compass onboard the day before debark) the Mobile Passport app twice at Port Everglades; only port that does use it. Both times went from cabin door to curb in less than fifteen minutes (715) using self assist; dedicated mobile passport line in Customs with only one or two people ahead of us - avoided much longer regular line...ps - They also let people off before 730 unless ship was cleared late for some reason; last two times I have been, last time in December, people were walking off by 630-645 easily - we waited until 7 and were at curb by 715.

I have just walked down at 6:45 when on both Harmony and Oasis with same results. The initial line is gone and we just walked right off, right up to customs, and right out to the curb. I see no reason you would need to get in line super early.

You shouldn't need mobile passport. I mean, they literally just glance at your passport and send you on your way anyways.

I have just walked down at 6:45 when on both Harmony and Oasis with same results. The initial line is gone and we just walked right off, right up to customs, and right out to the curb. I see no reason you would need to get in line super early.

You shouldn't need mobile passport. I mean, they literally just glance at your passport and send you on your way anyways.

Port Everglades has a dedicated line for the Mobile Passport app; why not use it/have available just in case? Only Port that does use it and it has dedicated line; saved us time last two debarks!

Port Everglades has a dedicated line for the Mobile Passport app; why not use it/have available just in case? Only Port that does use it and it has dedicated line; saved us time last two debarks!

I guess it doesn't hurt to have it. I have personally never waited behind a single person when doing self-disembark so it would have made no difference for me.

I have used the Mobile Passport app two of the three times I've sailed on Allure from Pt Everglades. It is not up to the ship whether it is used, it is up to customs/immigration.

The one time I couldn't use it was because it was down. I still used the line for Mobile Passport, but was told it wasn't working and there was no wait going through with my passport using the line for the Mobile Passport.

I have also done self debarkation and have been off the ship by 7:30 and there was no line getting off at that time. I guess I have been lucky!

I used the self express last weekend off of Harmony. I went downstairs at 6:10. Walked off the ship at 6:20. Was at the airport at the gate at 7:05. I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. Our flight was at 10:15 and we waited 3 hours. I would even risk a 9 am flight.

Okay, this morning's report is that we headed to the gangway at 6:45 and there was no line, just a slow trickle of people before and after us.

Customs directed us to the mobile app area, but simply showing our passports was sufficient.

We grabbed one of the many waiting taxis, checked into Soouthwest curbside after a very brief wait on line, sailed through TSA-pre, and were sitting at the gate at 7:15.

Unless we have a WAY later flight in the future, I can't imagine not doing this again. I'd rather get up a little early than deal with all the tumult of bags, people, lines, etc. Plus, it's nice having the luggage with you to finish packing in the morning.

Thanks for all your help with this question!

Okay, this morning's report is that we headed to the gangway at 6:45 and there was no line, just a slow trickle of people before and after us.

Customs directed us to the mobile app area, but simply showing our passports was sufficient.

We grabbed one of the many waiting taxis, checked into Soouthwest curbside after a very brief wait on line, sailed through TSA-pre, and were sitting at the gate at 7:15.

Unless we have a WAY later flight in the future, I can't imagine not doing this again. I'd rather get up a little early than deal with all the tumult of bags, people, lines, etc. Plus, it's nice having the luggage with you to finish packing in the morning.

Thanks for all your help with this question!

Thanks for the update. 6:45 really is the magic time for Harmony. Initial line is gone and you walk right off. I much prefer self disembark as well and we live locally. Just walk off pleasantly and head home. Glad it worked out for you.