Milkshakes no longer included in the Premium Beverage Package.

masterty

No longer included but was able to get the charges reversed multiple times.

Just off the Coral and her is what happened.

Once aboard I went straight to the Lotus pool for some soft serve. Once I arrived I noticed milkshakes, I promptly asked for a strawberry milkshake and handed over my card which had the PBP included as a result of Sip and Sail promotion. She informed me that they were no longer included in the Premium Beverage Package. I was certain they were and asked for here supervisor who arrived but appeared uninterested and told the milkshake maker to make me a milkshake "on the house".

A couple days later I noticed a charge for a milkshake appear on my account. I went to the pursers desk only to be told that milkshakes are no longer a part of the PBP. I then brought up the princess.com PBP web page and showed the purser. Learning this he removed the $2.50 charge. Again a couple more times this same charge appeared with each milkshake I got. As before the charges got reversed with each complaint by me.

I do not know if there is a new change coming or what but milkshake drinkers beware.

Well, that's interesting.....Got them on our recent cruise in November with the new PBP....we'll see what happens in 3 weeks on Ruby.....thanks for the heads up.....glad u took the time and effort to show them what the policy says and get refunded.

Makes you wonder if they were confusing in with the removal of milkshakes on the soda package. But with u having it charged so many times...seems like that is not the issue. However, everytime I have had the drink package, I have been charged for drinks, I had to have removed....usually in the specialty restaurants.

Thanks again...

Package Details and Qualifications

• The Premier Beverage Package is $59.99 USD per day plus a 15% service charge (totaling $68.99 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. For all voyages departing from and returning to Australia and New Zealand, the package is available $86.99 AUD per day including the service charge.
  • The package must be purchased by each guest for the whole cruise. Partial or prorated packages or segments will not be accepted. The full amount due for the complete voyage will be charged at the time of purchase.
  • The package is not available for pre-purchase for Australia-based itineraries. Where available for pre-purchase, the package may be purchased up to 4 days prior to boarding the vessel, but is not available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing. It is offered for purchase on board only on embarkation day. Package sales are non-refundable within 3 days of sailing or once purchased on board.
  • The package is NOT available for voyages of fewer than 7 nights for Australia-based itineraries, or voyages 2 nights or under for all other itineraries.

What's Included

• All spirits, cocktails, beer and wine by the glass $12.00 USD and under as listed on our menu(s).
  • Bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Red Bull energy drinks, Gong Cha items (if available), frappes at Coffee & Cones, smoothies and milk shakes (if available).
  • Enjoy the convenience of your beverage package on our Private Islands and all food and beverage venues that offer beverage service, subject to menu offerings and operating hours.
  • The package includes an extra 25% discount on the following items that are otherwise excluded from the package: All bottles of wine, one-liter bottles of water (if dining at a specialty venue, a large one-liter bottle of water, still or sparkling, is covered by the package), canned sodas, and bottled juices.

Edited by land lover

It's getting pretty ridiculous with all the added on charges. The funny thing about the milkshakes is, they aren't even any good...

I list the shakes with their internet. I'll take it if it's included in the price I pay but it's not worth any more than that.

That's strictly my opinion though.;)

What is it with them and their shakes? I always bought the soda package for my kids - they don't drink soda but they did like the shakes. After pre-purchasing for a one cruise and having the same description as always (milkshakes included) I was more than frustrated to get on our cruise several months later and have the kids told that they couldn't get shakes. We did complain and ended up getting the charges removed. I pointed out the irony that a $5 mocktail is included, yet a $3 shake (whihc is essentially the same as the choco-banana mocktail) isn't!

Now they are not including the shakes in the premier beverage package either? Seems ridiculous - my only guess is that it's because they take time to make, but not any longer than a mocktail which is included with both packages! I do have the premier package for a short cruise in April so I will be sure to test it out....

It sounds to me as if the beverage manager is full of baloney. I had a similar issue where they said my wife couldn't get a pint of beer as it wasn't included - only small glasses were included. I asked to speak with the ship's beverage manager and showed him the wording that says any drink $12 or less and then, of course, also lists a few exclusions. He had a memo to all bars within half an hour correcting the issue.

Their shakes may not be good but I ordered a malt on our last cruise. It was included with the PBP. I asked for "lots and lots" of malt and they did exactly that. The malt was soooooooooooo good. It reminded me of the ones I could get when I was a kid. We sail on the 18th and I will definitely be asking for another malt. I won't take no for an answer as far as being included in the package.

It's really sad that we have to carry copies of their own policies to prove our point on these issues, but seems to be the only way to fix things. I just wonder whether their errors are company policy or a misunderstanding from one management individual. It sounds like we need to challenge the beverage manager each time their employees have a different idea than what is written.

Edited by moki'smommy

It sounds to me as if the beverage manager is full of baloney. I had a similar issue where they said my wife couldn't get a pint of beer as it wasn't included - only small glasses were included. I asked to speak with the ship's beverage manager and showed him the wording that says any drink $12 or less and then, of course, also lists a few exclusions. He had a memo to all bars within half an hour correcting the issue.

Their shakes may not be good but I ordered a malt on our last cruise. It was included with the PBP. I asked for "lots and lots" of malt and they did exactly that. The malt was soooooooooooo good. It reminded me of the ones I could get when I was a kid. We sail on the 18th and I will definitely be asking for another malt. I won't take no for an answer as far as being included in the package.

Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate or a safety risk to themselves or others or become offensive or disruptive to our other cruise guests or staff:evilsmile:

Was that when the new package came out?

U do know the policy just says milkshakes not malts..so if they want to get picky u are SOL....I only order the malts too...

I agree, I think there was some misunderstanding on this voyage......but then again we are both cruising this month can compare notes when we come back....

Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate or a safety risk to themselves or others or become offensive or disruptive to our other cruise guests or staff:evilsmile:

You are always such a "ray of sunshine". It seems sad that you constantly make snarky or disparaging remarks to so many people here on CC. Sheesh......

It is entirely possible to speak with management in an adult manner. I did so on Emerald Princess when bar staff didn't allow something under the PBP that is clearly allowed. I was not only complimented by the manager but also by the bar staff for the nice, pleasant, and non-confrontational way I dealt with the issue. One of the staff actually made a point of speaking with my wife and me later to thank me and to tell both of us how much she appreciated the way it was done as there are indeed those who make a scene.

It's really sad that we have to carry copies of their own policies to prove our point on these issues' date=' but seems to be the only way to fix things. I just wonder whether their errors are company policy or a misunderstanding from one management individual. It sounds like we need to challenge the beverage manager each time their employees have a different idea than what is written.[/quote']

Sounds like it doesn't it.....?

I certainly would not carry a copy or pull out my phone, I would ask them to look it up "online" themselves....and have the beverage manager get back to me....showing something to the contrary of what I was sold.

I m on vacation..I don't want to sweat the small stuff to make a point, especially if I might have to still address it later in the cruise.....

When I have had the beverage package and this was also before the change, I was charged for drinks in the specialty restaurants every time, this happened on Majestic, Ruby & Emerald...so now when I have the package I wait until the last night of the cruise to have charges removed.

Edited by land lover

You are always such a "ray of sunshine". It seems sad that you constantly make snarky or disparaging remarks to so many people here on CC. Sheesh......

It is entirely possible to speak with management in an adult manner. I did so on Emerald Princess when bar staff didn't allow something under the PBP that is clearly allowed. I was not only complimented by the manager but also by the bar staff for the nice, pleasant, and non-confrontational way I dealt with the issue. One of the staff actually made a point of speaking with my wife and me later to thank me and to tell both of us how much she appreciated the way it was done as there are indeed those who make a scene.

from someone with an "attitude" that "demands" and won't take no for an answer?:rolleyes:

Y

....Yes, some on us remember awhile back what you posted, you were pleasant in requesting them to not open bottles...On a cruise a month after yours, I guess, I did not have your finesse...however, I did ask up front at 3 different bars and to one bar manager what the policy was, when I wanted a Korbel for the room, they told me they would have to open the bottle...is each ship doing this..who knows..?

Edited by land lover