Change Ships 82 days out

Thank you all in advance for any advice. If we were to change from the Harmony to the Oasis for the exact same itinerary and weekend sail date with 82 days to go, what kind of penalty would we be looking at? We had a refundable deposit back when we booked if that matters. We could have an owners suite on the Oasis for the cost to upgrade to a Junior suite on Harmony. I was just hoping for some advice to see if this was doable, before I actually called my T/A.

You are past the 90 day mark so probably just the deposit amount. It is not just a simple switch. You are canceling one booking and then booking another cruise. I believe somewhere around day 79 you loose half the cruise fare.

You are past the 90 day mark so probably just the deposit amount. It is not just a simple switch. You are canceling one booking and then booking another cruise. I believe somewhere around day 79 you loose half the cruise fare.

Thanks for the response. I know I am really pushing it with the time frame. For all of this hassle, maybe I should just tough it out with the 3 of us in a balcony cabin, and just buy my daughter a nice watch for her graduation for half the cost.

You will only lose your deposit up to 57 days prior to sailing should you wish to cancel the one cruise and switch to another.

5 Nights or longer

(Includes Holiday Sailings & Cruisetours)

90+ No charges (except for non-refundable deposit amounts)

89-57 Days Deposit amount

56-29 Days 50% of Total Fare (taxes, fees & port expenses excluded*)

28-15 Days 75% of Total Fare (taxes, fees & port expenses excluded*)

14 Days or less No refund except for taxes and fees

You may only have to pay a $100pp penalty to switch.

Doesn't hurt anything to call and ask. Just let your TA know what the parameters are and you are ONLY trying to get a price. They will put you on hold and call RCI and find out what penalties and new costs there may be. If the price is too steep you can back out.

Oh, have a cabin # picked out before you call.

Good Luck

Edited by steveru621
more

You may only have to pay a $100pp penalty to switch.

Doesn't hurt anything to call and ask. Just let your TA know what the parameters are and you are ONLY trying to get a price. They will put you on hold and call RCI and find out what penalties and new costs there may be. If the price is too steep you can back out.

Good Luck

That penalty only applies to non refundable deposits and for changes made prior to the final payment date.

The authoritative source for this question is the cruise line. Why haven't you checked with them?

Thats our next step, I was just trying to get some feedback before my wife got home from work and could call. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to respond.

That penalty only applies to non refundable deposits and for changes made prior to the final payment date.

That's not what my TA has been able to work. She got them to move me with only the penalty inside the final payment date.

But I suspect that if I called and got a different agent you would get a different result. :D

Doesn't hurt to ask the question!