Buying FCC Terrible Customer Service.

dstables

I purchase the FCC on the ship through the Princess application. The Future Cruise consultant still has to post it to your account but I like the fact I don't have to stand in line to wait for the person. Even then, they don't post right away . I never book cruises with the Consultant, instead wait till I am home.

The issue is that Princess ignored the request of a paying customer; and I agree, that is an example of poor customer service. If the FCC consultant needed to see the credit card, then he should have contacted the passenger. Instead, he just ignored the application, so unless the OP checked back with the FCC office, the OP would have left the ship believing that he was receiving future credits.

There should be a simple way to contact a passenger by sending a message saying, "Thank you for your application, but we need further info before we can process your request."

The OP's concern is that he was ignored; and having worked as a corporate trainer for customer service, I agree that being ignored is unacceptable. - EBC

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

The issue is that Princess ignored the request of a paying customer; and I agree, that is an example of poor customer service. If the FCC consultant needed to see the credit card, then he should have contacted the passenger. Instead, he just ignored the application, so unless the OP checked back with the FCC office, the OP would have left the ship believing that he was receiving future credits.

There should be a simple way to contact a passenger by sending a message saying, "Thank you for your application, but we need further info before we can process your request."

The OP's concern is that he was ignored, and having worked as a corporate trainer for customer service, I agree that being ignored is unacceptable. - EBC

Finally someone is understood what I was saying! Thank you!😊

Does anyone know what other duties the Captain Circle Host and Future Cruise Consultant have on the ship, that they can only be in their office 2-3 hrs a day???? What are they doing the other 10-12 hrs?? :confused:

I don't really know but recently on 2 Royal trips it took her 5 days to figure out the cutoff number for the Captains affair.

She must be pretty busy doing something. :p

The Hostess on the Royal told me they only do these for people moving to Platinum or Elite now.

That woman is living in a different world than all the other hosts.

She does things only when when she feels like it or pressured into it by a date. Hopefully she'll move to another cruise line or different job that doesn't deal directly with the public.

He had no answer for me and felt very justify in just ignoring my application for FCC. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE!

If it's horrible, why are you trying so hard to subject yourself to more?

Take the money and try a different cruise line...

If it's horrible, why are you trying so hard to subject yourself to more?

Take the money and try a different cruise line...

One awful employee with whom a guest has very limited interaction does not make an entire cruise line "bad." However, it is worth of a complaint to his supervisors.

One awful employee with whom a guest has very limited interaction does not make an entire cruise line "bad." However' date=' it is worth of a complaint to his supervisors.[/quote']

Everyone has a tipping point. Lots of little things add up.

Princess has lots of little things. All one has to do is read cruise critic for a single day.

"A billion here, a billion there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money."

We were on the Star on a SA cruise and tried to book a repo on the Coral from Alaska to FL with a landtour.The fcc told us it was illegal,so we had to wait till we got back to UK to book it,losing our preferred landtour as it was sold out.On the repo we bought 2 more cc,and guess who was the fcc,the same girl.She remembered us but not the hassle.I kept my mouth shut,although not impressed by her previous attitude,cheers,Brian.

The CC host has quite of bit a work to do outside of office hours. Some of the work:

a) Preparing all the invitations to the Captain's Circle parties for returning guests.

b) Preparing the invitations for the MTP event and dealing with the responses.

c) Preparing all the mailings for passengers who will move up in the Captain's Circle at the end of the cruise.

d) Hosting the Captain's Circle parties and the MTP event.

Most of these tasks can be done automatically using software.