NCL Refund Help

shanegela

Its been too long, I would escalate it with a supervisor.

I know its different scenario but I cancelled a cruise (not past final payment) last week and got my deposit refund within a week.

Not sure why it takes this type of refund longer but it shouldn't.

I think your type of refund came from the insurance carrier, not the cruise line whereas her refund will come from the cruise line itself.

Contact your credit card provider and open a dispute. Why would anyone wait for a cruise line to refund on their time table? If you told the cruise line you would pay three months after the cruise they would not allow it. So why should you wait? You should not wait credit card dispute, with some cards money back in your account within a day.

that should be a last resort option to do. opening a dispute with your credit card can cause big BIG BIGGER problems between you and Norwegian in the future. is it best to wait it out and keep bugging norwegian everyday for a credit.

that should be a last resort option to do. opening a dispute with your credit card can cause big BIG BIGGER problems between you and Norwegian in the future. is it best to wait it out and keep bugging norwegian everyday for a credit.
No, not necessarily. It will get NCL's attention to resolve it. Merchants pay more in transaction fees when they have a bad chargeback experience rate. Open the dispute, your card provider will issue you a provisional credit pending the resolution of the dispute.

Yes you would think that but, the merchant user agreements are very clear. Every merchant agrees to the terms if they want to take credit cards. If the merchant came after a credit card holder for opening a claim it would cause major problems for them. Like banned from processing credit card payments, this only happens in very rare cases. No merchant wants to be investigated for harassment of a card holder. I know cases when merchants employees have overstep and they (owner) refund in full, not because a refund should be paid on the merits but to stay clear of violation of the merchant agreement.

They understand it is just business, it will take the issue away from you dealing with a refund and your credit card service will represent and handle it for you.

Expat Cruise is on the right track.

Just chare the whole thing back on your credit card.

That'll get their attention.

I had some sleazy TV installers install a bad set. Spent a month trying to get them to do the right thing. Should have gone to the credit card company on Day 1.

No, not necessarily. It will get NCL's attention to resolve it. Merchants pay more in transaction fees when they have a bad chargeback experience rate. Open the dispute, your card provider will issue you a provisional credit pending the resolution of the dispute.

Disputing a charge is accusing the merchant of a criminal act and asserting that you will help law enforcement agencies (in this case the FBI) in a criminal investigation. It is NOT to be taken lightly. Read the fine print of your cr dit card agreement.

They make pushing a dispute button easy because they want to stop criminal fraud (like a stolen credit card number) and get law enforcement engaged.

Making false statements to a law enforcement agencies is a crime too.

Disputing a charge is accusing the merchant of a criminal act and asserting that you will help law enforcement agencies (in this case the FBI) in a criminal investigation. It is NOT to be taken lightly. Read the fine print of your cr dit card agreement.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Disputing a credit card charge does not involve law enforcement, it can but only in certain cases, does not even need to include a criminal act. What the user agreement says if it is found to be a criminal act you will help law enforcement. Again most disputes never go past the credit card company and the merchant. You can dispute a charge because you don't like the quality of service, the product is not as represent, the company cancels service, company goes bankrupt or a thousand other reasons. It is done every day it is just part of business.

I'm sorry but you are wrong. Disputing a credit card charge does not involve law enforcement, it can but only in certain cases, does not even need to include a criminal act. What the user agreement says if it is found to be a criminal act you will help law enforcement. Again most disputes never go past the credit card company and the merchant. You can dispute a charge because you don't like the quality of service, the product is not as represent, the company cancels service, company goes bankrupt or a thousand other reasons. It is done every day it is just part of business.

Correct.

• 4 weeks later...

FOLLOW UP:

We finally got our refund from NCL on 04/10.

* Our original change of schedule occurred on 02/22.

* Our cruise was on 03/11

It took 7 weeks from change of schedule notfication to get the refund. We diligently called once a week to follow up on progress. I understand that refunds can take time. However, I think it's reasonable as a consumer to expect some kind of time frame of when I can expect the refund. At least then I'll know it's in the queue and it hasn't been completely forgotten about. The burden of getting your refund is really on the consumer to follow up on, which is a horrible experience.

This refund experience is the only negative aspect of the cruise.

FOLLOW UP:

We finally got our refund from NCL on 04/10.

* Our original change of schedule occurred on 02/22.

* Our cruise was on 03/11

It took 7 weeks from change of schedule notfication to get the refund. We diligently called once a week to follow up on progress. I understand that refunds can take time. However, I think it's reasonable as a consumer to expect some kind of time frame of when I can expect the refund. At least then I'll know it's in the queue and it hasn't been completely forgotten about. The burden of getting your refund is really on the consumer to follow up on, which is a horrible experience.

This refund experience is the only negative aspect of the cruise.

The burden of getting your refund is really not on the consumer. We pay using credit cards one of the benefits is dispute resolutions. I never wait for the cruise company to refund or follow up on these cases. Just file with my credit card and they handle everything. The credit card company refunds the money to my account within a day. Yes it is conditional and if I lose the claim they will later take back but that doesn't happen.

You waited 7 weeks and had to follow up and chase. I just spend 30 minutes or less, day one and then forget about it, everything is handled for me. It is just a service provided by the credit card company.

They make pushing a dispute button easy because they want to stop criminal fraud (like a stolen credit card number) and get law enforcement engaged.

Making false statements to a law enforcement agencies is a crime too.

Pray tell where did you come up with this false info?

Disputing a charge is not accusing the merchant of a criminal act, unless the merchant has committed fraud. Fair Credit Billing Act dictates the process to question unauthorized charges, billing errors and transactions involving goods or services you never received or merchants did not deliver in the way they were supposed to.

So when you file a dispute under "goods or services you never received or merchants did not deliver in the way they were supposed to" it is just that a legal dispute under the law. The only so called "small print" is if the disputes lead to criminal actions you agree to aid law enforcement. Only a very few cases ever involve them.

The facts in one year Visa processed $2.07 trillion in transactions in the United States. Cardholders disputed $765.9 million in transactions under these dispute reviews review. MasterCard, says 0.05 percent of its transactions worldwide are subjects of dispute. Which is equal to 15 million questionable charges under dispute per year.

I have several business that take credit cards and disputes are just part of doing business. Never has law enforcement ever been involved in a single dispute I filed as a customer or handle as a merchant.