FREEDOM SPRING BREAK trip report with PICS! 3/25-3/31

I would love to hear from you about activities and events that you really enjoyed and also if you find any that were not worth your time.

Also if you find anything delicious that is a "Must try" or things that cruisers might not want to order.

Thank you and Enjoy!!

01aabb19068e1b183455efea49228cfa.jpg

You know it’s getting close when...of course we have already checked in, luggage tags and boarding passes printed [emoji4]

Also that last line: “the world’s largest cruise ship”. Oh Royal...

Oh, you are killin’ me! I might never have noticed this...but this, oh yes, this encapsulates everything you need to know about IT with Royal. I don’t want to mock, but Royal makes it so easy! :') #notonebutrwoclassesbiggernow

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

DAY -2

I honestly don't know if anyone is interested in the days before the cruise, but this is functioning as a journal of sorts for me as well so I want to include the whole spring break experience, haha.

The week at school dragged by like a snail, especially because we weren't doing anything of value. Luckily, tomorrow (Friday) is unofficial "senior skip day", so none of my teachers were planning on anything. Most of them were saying stuff like "come to school, but if you don't, we're not surprised".

Needless to say it felt great walking out to my car, keys in hand, knowing that spring break has officially begun.

When I got home, I started making my packing list and relaxed for a little before my friend and I went to volunteer at a local soup kitchen (we do it every Thursday). Volunteering was easy as pie today, it was the "cookout" week so it flew by and we had fun.

I just got home and plan on doing a little homework so I don't have to do it all when I get back. I should also work on my packing list, but I might want to go to bed early (I'm finally not drowning in the work of six APs).

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to seeing a movie with my friends, a little pre-cruise clothes shopping, and to start packing!

See, I just knew you were a great kid! So I’m going to share your NOS review with my Zumba Cruise peeps. That’s the ship they’ve chartered for that cruise!

Following along, it’s getting close now! Happy sailing!

I just finished reading your trip report from your Navigator cruise. What an enjoyable report to read! You're an excellent writer. Great photos too. Now I'm really looking forward to this report. Have a great time on your cruise!

Thank you very much! It means a lot.

Really looking forward to your review as we are on the April 8th sailing

Hope you will enjoy!

We have some friends on this cruise so I will be following along. Enjoy your trip.

Awesome! Thank you :)

I was on FOS last March and absolutely loved it. Freedom is my favorite ship!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Great to hear! Can’t wait.

Looking forward to your review. Funny about how your email said worlds larges cruise ship. I was on Freedom when she was still the largest in 2008. I will be on her again in 3 more weeks doing the Eastern Itinerary. Safe travels and have a great cruise.

Thank you very much! Hope you will enjoy your cruise.

This going to be awesome! Can't wait for you to enjoy your cruise! Have fun, and will be following

Thank you!

Following, have a great cruise, Andy!

Thanks!!!

Nice work on this report. My wife and I will be on FOS in July from San Juan.

Incidentally, we are from Maryland and our daughter lives in Tampa at USF where she is a Junior.

Looking forward to your trip report with pictures of the ship.

Have a great time!!!

I may just watch your sail away on Sunday!!!

Wow, it’s such a small world! We are from MD too, Baltimore specifically.

I would love to hear from you about activities and events that you really enjoyed and also if you find any that were not worth your time.

Also if you find anything delicious that is a "Must try" or things that cruisers might not want to order.

Thank you and Enjoy!!

Of course! I will be sure to make note of those things :)

We will be right along with you! Cant wait!

OP- Enjoy your cruise, cant wait to read all about it!:D

Thanks!!!

See, I just knew you were a great kid! So I’m going to share your NOS review with my Zumba Cruise peeps. That’s the ship they’ve chartered for that cruise!

Following along, it’s getting close now! Happy sailing!

Thanks! I just saw your comment on your trip report too, I’ll be sure to follow your blog and social media.

I hope they will enjoy the Navivator TR! I’m aiming to make this report similar but better :)))

DAY -1

Since it was unofficial senior skip day, my friends and I used the opportunity to see a matinee movie. It was only $6, at the newest and nicest theater in town!

87855f0065f6ce8c3ec24215241fc1ca.jpg

bfb3d3200c39345f4c62d26916e66559.jpg

1754c3adfc9e4c0d874ad6374cda089f.jpg

We saw Love, Simon which I absolutely LOVED. It was so good and was a roller coaster ride of emotions. We laughed, cried and everything in between. I can relate so much to Simon, but it’s a movie for everyone and I would definitely urge you guys to see it if you’re interested! I’m still a little emotional about it, haha.

Right now I’m on my way to the mall to get some new cruise clothes [emoji4]

Edited by kwazi07

Thank you very much! Hope you will enjoy your cruise.

Thank you!

Thanks!!!

Wow, it’s such a small world! We are from MD too, Baltimore specifically.

Of course! I will be sure to make note of those things :)

Thanks!!!

How funny is that you are from Baltimore, we live in Owings Mills. :)

I will be boarding as you are leaving! Also spring break for me (teacher here!), also tampa/st pete area (clearwater area actually). Hope you enjoy your week and then go back to studying for those AP exams!

Hi stazerd! I am doing the 8 day at the end of April. Can you please let me know (if you have the chance) what order the menus are? Trying to plan specialty dining.

Thank you in advance. :D

I'm so thrilled to see your report -- my kids and I are taking the same route in a few weeks, so will learn from all your experiences! If you have a chance, it'd be great to see some of the compasses for younger people. You can often find the regular compass but almost never the teen version.

I'm going to go read your other report now -- I can already tell you're a fun read

Hi stazerd! I am doing the 8 day at the end of April. Can you please let me know (if you have the chance) what order the menus are? Trying to plan specialty dining.

Thank you in advance. :D

I'd be happy to do that for you…I will probably need a reminder to post. Maybe you could re-post and remind me when my cruise is over!

I’m a little south of Clearwater! And for sure...my calc teacher gave us a giant packet over break. Once we get back there is barely over a month before the exams... :eek:

oh my AP Calc! I'm an IB Calc teacher, so I know what you are going through! Have some fun and get some rest…..study lots and you will do great!

Another great Andy trip report! I'm along for the ride. We'll be on Freedom for the second time in Sept.

On a side note, I was born (Bethesda) and went to grade school (Walkersville) in MD. Moved out in 1989 though.

Dan.

We saw Love, Simon which I absolutely LOVED. It was so good and was a roller coaster ride of emotions. We laughed, cried and everything in between. I can relate so much to Simon, but it’s a movie for everyone and I would definitely urge you guys to see it if you’re interested! I’m still a little emotional about it, haha.

Looks like a good movie, can't wait to see it.

My husband and I grew up in the Clearwater area. He was a Seminole kid, I was a Dunedin kid. We live a bit north of Pinellas now.

Looking forward to your review. Freedom of the Seas was our first "big" cruise ship experience and it was one of my favorites. Safe travels and have fun!!

-germ

So first, a little about my family and me:

Hi! My name's Andy and I'm a senior in high school. I live near Tampa/St. Pete and can't wait to go to the University of Florida in the fall! ...

Congratulations on your acceptance to UF! They are only taking the top students the last few years.

DAY -1

Since it was unofficial senior skip day, my friends and I used the opportunity to see a matinee movie. It was only $6, at the newest and nicest theater in town!

87855f0065f6ce8c3ec24215241fc1ca.jpg

bfb3d3200c39345f4c62d26916e66559.jpg

1754c3adfc9e4c0d874ad6374cda089f.jpg

OMG, I am so desperate to see that movie!!!!!! I have seen one clip of it and it already made me feel emotional. I can relate to Simon a lot as well.

Great choice!

I'm so thrilled to see your report -- my kids and I are taking the same route in a few weeks, so will learn from all your experiences! If you have a chance, it'd be great to see some of the compasses for younger people. You can often find the regular compass but almost never the teen version.

I'm going to go read your other report now -- I can already tell you're a fun read

I’ll be sure to snap pics of those! And hope you enjoy the other one :)

Another great Andy trip report! I'm along for the ride. We'll be on Freedom for the second time in Sept.

On a side note, I was born (Bethesda) and went to grade school (Walkersville) in MD. Moved out in 1989 though.

Dan.

Awesome! And cool! We have some family who used to live in Bethesda, such a small world.

Definitely following. We’re on the next Magic Western Caribbean Cruise after yours. April 8th.

Nice! Hope you enjoy.

oh my AP Calc! I'm an IB Calc teacher, so I know what you are going through! Have some fun and get some rest…..study lots and you will do great!

Too cool! I got a 5 on AB, but I really need to get out of Calc 2 so I’m hoping for a 5 in BC as well.

Looks like a good movie, can't wait to see it.

My husband and I grew up in the Clearwater area. He was a Seminole kid, I was a Dunedin kid. We live a bit north of Pinellas now.

Looking forward to your review. Freedom of the Seas was our first "big" cruise ship experience and it was one of my favorites. Safe travels and have fun!!

-germ

I’m actually in Seminole!

Congratulations on your acceptance to UF! They are only taking the top students the last few years.

Thank you very much! I’m excited.

OMG, I am so desperate to see that movie!!!!!! I have seen one clip of it and it already made me feel emotional. I can relate to Simon a lot as well.

Great choice!

Definitely check it out ASAP!!! Soooo good. I need to see it again after I get back. Great to finally have a mainstream movie character I can see myself in.

Some parts hit so close to home and I wasn’t preparing for that, so I’m looking forward to seeing it again with that in mind.

Definitely check it out ASAP!!! Soooo good. I need to see it again after I get back. Great to finally have a mainstream movie character I can see myself in.

Some parts hit so close to home and I wasn’t preparing for that, so I’m looking forward to seeing it again with that in mind.

It's the only movie that I have really wanted to see since the Harry Potter franchise wrapped up (6 years ago!). Having been in a very similar situation to Simon in my own life recently, I think that this movie will really hit close to home for me. Glad that you enjoyed it. You clearly have a great taste in movies, so definitely looking forward to your report.

Please give some feedback on Drew as CD. I recall you saying that you didn't really like Cuddy on Navigator last year.

DAY -2

I honestly don't know if anyone is interested in the days before the cruise, but this is functioning as a journal of sorts for me as well so I want to include the whole spring break experience, haha.

The week at school dragged by like a snail, especially because we weren't doing anything of value. Luckily, tomorrow (Friday) is unofficial "senior skip day", so none of my teachers were planning on anything. Most of them were saying stuff like "come to school, but if you don't, we're not surprised".

Needless to say it felt great walking out to my car, keys in hand, knowing that spring break has officially begun.

When I got home, I started making my packing list and relaxed for a little before my friend and I went to volunteer at a local soup kitchen (we do it every Thursday). Volunteering was easy as pie today, it was the "cookout" week so it flew by and we had fun.

I just got home and plan on doing a little homework so I don't have to do it all when I get back. I should also work on my packing list, but I might want to go to bed early (I'm finally not drowning in the work of six APs).

Tomorrow I'm looking forward to seeing a movie with my friends, a little pre-cruise clothes shopping, and to start packing!

I use an awesome packing app called “Packing Pro” - really keeps me from forgetting things. One cruise I forgot all my pants, another our entire family’s passports. What a mess! LOL. If you have an iPhone it’s in the App Store. Not sure about Android. Have a great cruise!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sorry for no replies lately! I have been super busy with packing so I haven’t been able to update.

I had an okay day at the mall yesterday, I got some pants for the trip. However I got to try the crystal ball Frappuccino...let’s say I prefer my black iced coffees.

53218653980627003dee46feeabebcda.jpg

I got absolutely no packing done last night. I was super tired for some reason so I listened to some HAIM (latest obsession) and called it a night.

DAY 0

I thought it would be a great idea to leave all my packing for today, so that’s what I’ve been stressed about today. Ha ha.

In the morning I was feeling a little off so I went for one of the best runs I’ve had in a while. It was really just another way for me to avoid packing. And can you believe I used to love packing when I was younger??

Since we are getting back the day before Easter and my mom (a nurse) has to work then, we did our Easter festivities today. Ever since my brother, sister and I were little my mom made a Easter egg hunt in the backyard. It’s just one of those traditions that I love.

By the time we finished that we had to drop our dogs off with the pet sitters. We are leaving super early tomorrow, so we thought it would be best to drop them off today.

b7e44fb4d52af714c21acf7728812813.jpg

This is honestly a poor pic but my white dog looked cute. I was trying to take a selfie but he was so excited. I’m barely even in the pic (that’s my eye on the left, haha)!

I got some lunch and then I realized it was 1pm and I really needed to get packing. I finally finished ironing and packing my luggage juuuuust before we went to dinner. I still need to pack my backpack which I will do now [emoji4]

We always go out to eat on Saturday nights so once my dad got home, we went to and English pub near us called Horse and Jockey. It’s pretty good, and we haven’t been in a while. Everyone was pretty psyched for the cruise so it was a fun meal!

2f4d061b248a6b92d0f514c805336284.jpg

I got chicken pot pie which was 10/10, would order again.

That’s pretty much it for today...just have to finish packing. Probably will be another early night for me today, as it’s going to be an early morning and late night tomorrow. I can’t believe the cruise is tomorrow!!!

Ditto. Watching the two trailers reminded us both of our experiences in high school. We've been together since we were 18, have a kid... they were right, it gets better. The world awaits you!

Safe travels!

-germ

DAY -1

I just oit this in my watch list today, what a coincidence! Looks like another contender for awards next year!