FREEDOM SPRING BREAK trip report with PICS! 3/25-3/31

Good morning everyone!

(I know most of you are probably sleeping).

I just finished eating breakfast and we will probably hit the road around 5:30! Can’t wait...watching the Port Everglades webcam. Freedom seems to be a little south of the port at the moment.

Busy port day—Allure, Carnival Conquest, Celebrity Silhouette, two Princess ships and a HAL ship also in port!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ditto. Watching the two trailers reminded us both of our experiences in high school. We've been together since we were 18, have a kid... they were right, it gets better. The world awaits you!

Safe travels!

-germ

Awesome to hear. Luckily I had great friends and family. And thank you!

I just oit this in my watch list today, what a coincidence! Looks like another contender for awards next year!

I sure hope so, it’s great!!

Just stopped at my number one place to spend money...

57808200ce6fa2bf70fcfa58f53cb553.jpg

But we had to hit the road again. Only 1.5 hours left, better to be early than late! Just turned into Alligator Alley.

bc5cafdfadb2f376f7d7c5feb8315e96.jpg

Hi stazerd! I am doing the 8 day at the end of April. Can you please let me know (if you have the chance) what order the menus are? Trying to plan specialty dining.

Thank you in advance. :D

I was on the 2/25 sailing and the menu in the dining room has changed. It is pretty much the same every night with the deletion/ addition of 1 or 2 appetizers, entrees and deserts each night. There is no longer escargot every night. Lobster was on night 5, the 2nd formal night, after our day in Cozumel. This was on the 6 night sailing.

There is no longer escargot every night.

No!!!!! I’ve been looking forward to escargot on our FOS cruise in two weeks. When we were on the FOS three years ago, I think I had the escargot every day.

How often do they serve the escargot now?

Lobster was on night 5, the 2nd formal night, after our day in Cozumel. This was on the 6 night sailing.

Thanks. Nice to know. What did they serve the first formal night? Prime rib?

We’re on the next Magic Western Caribbean Cruise after yours. April 8th.

What is a Magic Western Caribbean cruise?

Also, I believe you cruised Freedom in April 2015. My husband and I were on that cruise for our anniversary. It was the one where BillOH organized our roll call and then missed the Meet & Mingle because he got the wrong time or location since he and his lovely bride were upgraded.

Following. Great review so far!

Thank you!!!

Bon voyage!

I wish that I was going on the Freedom this week alongside seeing Love, Simon!

Thanks!

Woooo, you are finally onboard and it’s almost sailaway! Have a great embarkation day and cruise, Andy :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so much!

Hurry up and get back soon......we are next lol............

Hahaha, not too soon...

How are your first impressions of the ship?

Would love to sail another Freedom Class ship again soon.

Pretty nice! Sailed on Navigator before so it’s pretty similar. At dinner now...still haven’t sailed away.

What is a Magic Western Caribbean cruise?

I knew someone would catch me. I cruises the Western Caribbean on the Carnival Magic in October (see my signature). It was supposed to be an Eastern Caribbean cruise. But the hurricanes took care of that. We’ve already booked the upcoming cruise. That’s why we’re cruising Western Caribbean twice in less than six months.

This will be our fourth straight Western Caribbean cruise. Never did Eastern yet, and we’ve been somebody Southern once...nearly 25 years ago.

DH says he’s cruised out and doesn’t want to take any more cruises. I’m not cruised out. But I’m Cozumeled out.

Also, I believe you cruised Freedom in April 2015. My husband and I were on that cruise for our anniversary. It was the one where BillOH organized our roll call and then missed the Meet & Mingle because he got the wrong time or location since he and his lovely bride were upgraded.

Yep, I remember you. There was anothe Jen who won a cruise at bingo on the last day. I was sure it was you. I posted on the roll call, and you said no it’s wasn’t.

If I remember correctly escargot was served on nights 1, 2 and 4. On night 4 I was not liking any of the entrees so I just had 4 appetizers, escargot, onion soup, caprese salad and caesar salad. Prime rib was the entree on the first formal night.

If they try to serve you the coconut "pudding", run like hell and never look back.:eek::eek: :eek:

If I remember correctly escargot was served on nights 1, 2 and 4. On night 4 I was not liking any of the entrees so I just had 4 appetizers, escargot, onion soup, caprese salad and caesar salad. Prime rib was the entree on the first formal night.

If they try to serve you the coconut "pudding", run like hell and never look back.:eek::eek: :eek:

Escargot and prime rib were available tonight. We enjoyed the escargot, but opted for salmon instead of prime rib. My key kids had the spaghetti Bolognese which was solid. Meaty, Long cooked sauce and al dente pasta.

Thanks for reporting, but please -- pics??

I believe Andy said he is going to post his review with pics when he returns from the cruise. In the meantime read his Navigator review. It's in his signature. It's a great review with plenty of photos!