"Live" from the Harmony of the Seas, 3/31/18-4/7/18

Andrew, with me being a Yankees fan I would say the Blues Jays did very well yesterday

Yah, let’s hope Detroit starts better than the Jays.

We are going on Sunday to the game in Toronto. Watch for us on TV. Lisa and Owen are in the action seats, first row at third base, beside the dugout. Sharon and I will be in the first row behind the catcher, in the TD area.

Year before last, Marcus Stroman came out before the game and surprised Owen with a little gift in the same seats. A once in a lifetime event. They are autographed and game worn. We joke a glove is next. He has got a few balls in this spot thrown to him from Donaldson as well.

b3bdb9ea66fee591ba300cde267e4f0b.jpeg

On the way to the airport, I surprised DW and DS and told them that we are flying first class. What the heck.

Ah...you've been reading too many of Andrew's reviews. He's rubbing off on you. :D

Have a great cruise! Once you go suite, you can never go back.

What time of questions does your Genie ask? (Just in cast I'm ever lucky enough. I assume this is your first time on Harmony? Thanks for starting your posts now. I'll probably watch sailaway, do you have plans for your sailaway spot?

I’ll get back to you with the questions that were asked. They are in my email somewhere.

We will probably be on our balcony during sail-away.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We took a taxi van to the hotel instead of an Uber. It was right at curbside so we didn’t have to wait. It cost $15.50 which was only $1 more than Uber quoted.

We quickly checked into the Renaissance Cruise Port hotel. We have a room on the 7th floor facing the ocean/pier although we won’t be able to see much.

53bb399d12c67745bac1f2e6b2e76a76.jpg

View from hotel room. Ships come in near those white high rise buildings.

I am usually up early in the morning so I’ll walk up 17th Street to the top of the bridge and watch the ships come in.

We decided to walk to the Boatyard restaurant which is across the parking lot from our hotel. It used to be Bimini Boatyard. We were able to get a table at 6:15pm so we cancelled Bravo.

We all had delicious meals. I highly recommend eating there. I asked about dessert to which my DW said NO....and we aren’t even on the ship yet.

I guess I will be eating away from her on the ship at times!

25211891b9093835cb2cb124cf0cc70a.jpg

Saturday at 5:45am, she is here.

bf4e3dcd697807a81816f17e5d769cd2.jpg

Our son usually sleeps 12+ hours on the weekend. This morning, he awoke at 5am after around 8 hours of sleep and said we should go for a walk. Like father, like son.

5854c858be8cb7fe55bc3b0fcf7f0f05.jpeg

Saturday at 5:45am, she is here.

bf4e3dcd697807a81816f17e5d769cd2.jpg

Our son usually sleeps 12+ hours on the weekend. This morning, he awoke at 5am after around 8 hours of sleep and said we should go for a walk. Like father, like son.

5854c858be8cb7fe55bc3b0fcf7f0f05.jpeg

We started driving down the day before to avoid being up that early on embarkation day. I also woke up super early last June when were were on Harmony. Enjoy

Following along.... August 18th can't come soon enough!!!

Wonderful surprises for your family,.. Make some great memories!!!!

What fertilizer do you use for your money tree??

So far you're off to a great start.... Love the Renaissance and The Boatyard is a great choice!!!

Right now you should be boarding and I hope it's off to a great start!

Happy Sailing!

Uber for $6.50 to the ship. We were greeted at the Star Class baggage are by 2 baggage handlers and 1 woman who was facilitating everything and moving us through everything quickly. We were on the ship by 10:25am.

They started boarding diamond as early as 10:15am.

6d9b6139e949dbbc38ed56643c281051.jpeg

Lunch at Coastal Kitchen opened at noon. It was excellent. They rotate the lunch menu 2x during the week.

We love our suite. Just chilling out on the balcony until the mister drill.

Genie Valentina put together an evening agenda for us comprised of dining and shows. Tonight is 150 Central Park followed by Grease at 8:30.

We also met Sebastian who is training some of the fresh genies on board the Harmony. He is leaving in 3 days flying from Jamaica to Miami to Barcelona to get on the Symphony of the Seas. Both he and Valentina are very nice.

We are in ATS 10330. DW is already napping on the balcony chaise lounger....1:45pm. I’ll have to wake her for the muster drill.

Have a great sailaway! Enjoying the blog so far. Really appreciate the insight into first time in SC.