"Live" from the Harmony of the Seas, 3/31/18-4/7/18

... I’m curious, is booking your airline tickets usually less expensive if you’re booking through RCO? ...

Royal's Air2Sea has excellent prices for one-way international flights. For purely domestc flights, their prices are the a bit more than you can get direct from the airline.

Royal's Air2Sea has excellent prices for one-way international flights. For purely domestic flights, their prices are the a bit more than you can get direct from the airline.

I was able to secure roundtrip domestic flights cheaper thru Air2Sea than direct. I was continually checking prices. Maybe I am the exception.

Edited by flannbarr

I was able to secure roundtrip domestic flights cheaper thru Air2Sea than direct. I was continually checking prices. Maybe I am teh exception.

Good deal! For domestic flights, I always see the same exact price as the airline, with the $15pp Air2Sea fee added.

Have you heard anything from your new genie yet? I’m curious, is booking your airline tickets usually less expensive if you’re booking through RCO? I have 5 tickets to buy for next Christmas at peak time.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Genie Valentina did reach out to me a couple of days ago. She is a new Genie (she called it a Fresh Genie) and recently completed the British Butler Institute where the Genies are trained. So far, they have been behind in their published dates by a few dates. The RCCL website states that we should receive an invitation to download the Royal Loop app 10 days before we sail which would be 3/21. After several e-mails, I eventually received the link on 3/25. No big deal. I don't think the app is really an app that you download from your phone although I have been asking that question with no reply. I think it is just a link to the Royal Loop website app where you can chat with the Genies. I have sent 3 questions via the app since Monday with no reply even though it is active. So the proper usage of the Royal Lop app is still unknown to me at this time.

We booked through Air2Sea and got flights cheaper than direct with the airline. Maybe it was shear luck but I looked multiple times per day for weeks until a reasonable price came up and then I booked it.

Genie Valentina did reach out to me a couple of days ago. She is a new Genie (she called it a Fresh Genie) and recently completed the British Butler Institute where the Genies are trained. So far, they have been behind in their published dates by a few dates. The RCCL website states that we should receive an invitation to download the Royal Loop app 10 days before we sail which would be 3/21. After several e-mails, I eventually received the link on 3/25. No big deal. I don't think the app is really an app that you download from your phone although I have been asking that question with no reply. I think it is just a link to the Royal Loop website app where you can chat with the Genies. I have sent 3 questions via the app since Monday with no reply even though it is active. So the proper usage of the Royal Lop app is still unknown to me at this time.

We booked through Air2Sea and got flights cheaper than direct with the airline. Maybe it was shear luck but I looked multiple times per day for weeks until a reasonable price came up and then I booked it.

I've heard that some Genies use the Loop more than others. Flannbarr...do you happen to know the current prices of the Barefoot Beach cabanas? Did you rent one?

Wife and son hope to zip line in Labadee. They have done that on prior cruises. In Cozumel, we usually take a taxi to Paradise Beach for the day. Jamaica-no thank you. We will stay on the ship and maybe walk around the port area.

We just got off Oasis and stopped in Jamaica. We ended up booking a daypass at the Hyatt which was wonderful all inclusive. Included transportation to and from right from the port so it felt very safe.

The Hyatt was wow...beach waiters brought our lunch and drinks right to us at our chairs and the Jerk Shack was really good. The beach was small but it was enough for us, the pool is amazing.

Anyway, just an idea...the port is nice but every shop pretty much has the same thing.

We just got off Oasis and stopped in Jamaica. We ended up booking a daypass at the Hyatt which was wonderful all inclusive. Included transportation to and from right from the port so it felt very safe.

The Hyatt was wow...beach waiters brought our lunch and drinks right to us at our chairs and the Jerk Shack was really good. The beach was small but it was enough for us, the pool is amazing.

Anyway, just an idea...the port is nice but every shop pretty much has the same thing.

Which Hyatt and how did you book it?

OP, when on board try not to use the loop. Try to get a deck phone from your Genie, and if you can’t get one call them directly on their phone. It is by far the easiest and fastest when to connect with them.

I was planning on starting my vacation a few hours early today by attending the Detroit Tigers home opener this afternoon. The weather did not cooperate so the game was cancelled.

Flight leaves tomorrow at 1:55pm, arriving around 5pm. The weather looks to be 80 degrees and sunny tomorrow in Ft. Lauderdale so let's get this party started.

Last minute tasks completed. Dogs dropped off at kennel. Time to head out to the airport for our 1:55pm flight to FLL. Dinner at Bravo across the parking lot from the Renaissance Hotel.

Planning on meeting Valentina our Royal Genie at 10:30am tomorrow morning to board the ship.

I am really interested to see how this Star Class is and if we feel it's worth it.

Please feel free to submit questions in advance if you have any.

Last minute tasks completed. Dogs dropped off at kennel. Time to head out to the airport for our 1:55pm flight to FLL. Dinner at Bravo across the parking lot from the Renaissance Hotel.

Planning on meeting Valentina our Royal Genie at 10:30am tomorrow morning to board the ship.

I am really interested to see how this Star Class is and if we feel it's worth it.

Please feel free to submit questions in advance if you have any.

Have a safe trip. Flew in yesterday. Weather us beautiful today.

Have a safe trip. Flew in yesterday. Weather us beautiful today.

On the way to the airport, I surprised DW and DS and told them that we are flying first class. What the heck.

The airport was not busy at all. Apparently, it was very busy earlier this morning due to it being Easter weekend.

Our flight was overbooked and they were looking for volunteers to take a later flight...6:10pm. That would be a 4+ hour wait at the airport. They started out only offering a $200 gift card per person and then raised it to $400. We did not take the offer for that amount.

Our flight was on time and we are now in flight. Just had a nice lunch in first class. Turkey and corned beef or shrimp salad were the choices.

Watching “Bad Mom’s Christmas”37c7427ce7b548958f3ba402f2855a5b.jpg which is not good but brainless and fun to laugh at aloud in the plane.

What time of questions does your Genie ask? (Just in cast I'm ever lucky enough. I assume this is your first time on Harmony? Thanks for starting your posts now. I'll probably watch sailaway, do you have plans for your sailaway spot?

On the way to the airport, I surprised DW and DS and told them that we are flying first class. What the heck.

The airport was not busy at all. Apparently, it was very busy earlier this morning due to it being Easter weekend.

Our flight was overbooked and they were looking for volunteers to take a later flight...6:10pm. That would be a 4+ hour wait at the airport. They started out only offering a $200 gift card per person and then raised it to $400. We did not take the offer for that amount.

Our flight was on time and we are now in flight. Just had a nice lunch in first class. Turkey and corned beef or shrimp salad were the choices.

Watching “Bad Mom’s Christmas”37c7427ce7b548958f3ba402f2855a5b.jpg which is not good but brainless and fun to laugh at aloud in the plane.

First class! Nice!