COMPLETELY PO'd at RCCL!

It only becomes my business when Royal no longer permits two bottles of wine to be brought onboard, Similar in kind too requiring all parties in a cabin over 21 (18 in some locations ) to purchase a drink package if one does.

Sooooo.... lets just discuss all the ways to get around just brining on two bottles..... maybe ways to smuggle some booze on too.

Read the post I quoted you on.

Nothing to do with wine or booze

Read the post I quoted you on.

Nothing to do with wine or booze

Read OP's post

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

He changed his booking to bring on more wine. Technically its legal but his intent was to get around the rules. Go ahead and give the smuggler more ideas.

Read OP's post

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

He changed his booking to bring on more wine. Technically its legal but his intent was to get around the rules. Go ahead and give the smuggler more ideas.

In post no. 20 you told him what to do. Pity I wasn't on his cruise as he could have had mine as well. I don't drink the stuff

In post no. 20 you told him what to do. Pity I wasn't on his cruise as he could have had mine as well. I don't drink the stuff

Do you UK folks not understand Sarcasm ? I guess not..... the thread was talking about going through two different security lines, using two different bags..... so why not just bring on two in each bag...... see, sarcasm ..... all ways to get around the rules.... just like smuggling alcohol onboard

Do you UK folks not understand Sarcasm ? I guess not..... the thread was talking about going through two different security lines, using two different bags..... so why not just bring on two in each bag...... see, sarcasm ..... all ways to get around the rules.... just like smuggling alcohol onboard

I can be as sarcastic as they come. Nothing to do with Uk

Sometimes on here it doesn't work. That's one thing I have learned about Cc. One liners only really work when spoken.

I get it now though.

Sometimes on here it doesn't work. That's one thing I have learned about Cc. One liners only really work when spoken.

I get it now though.

Like you said, you should know my history... I am not a fan of those that purposely choose and pick what rules to follow,

Glad we are on the same page,.... I hope

I get it now though.

I have had a lot of posts deleted replying to his sarcasm so i don't respond now it's not worth it.

Like you said, you should know my history... I am not a fan of those that purposely choose and pick what rules to follow,

Glad we are on the same page,.... I hope

Maybe not the same page, could be the same book.

I just don't like people preaching what they should or shouldn't do.

It's not my place to say what folks can or cannot do and I don't think it's yours either.

It doesn't put beans on my toast whether they bring 1 bottle or 10 bottles onboard

Maybe not the same page, could be the same book.

I just don't like people preaching what they should or shouldn't do.

It's not my place to say what folks can or cannot do and I don't think it's yours either.

It doesn't put beans on my toast whether they bring 1 bottle or 10 bottles onboard

I'll have to try beans on toast. I do think people in general should follow the rules.

Sleep tight

So why come on CC and share a plan to get around Royals rules of 2 bottles of wine per cabin?

Just give Royal more reason to stop it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You just said it yourself, the rule is 2 bottles of wine per cabin, (provided at least one Pax is over 21).

So OP is following the rule, not breaking the rule.

And RCCL does not need me to tell them that Mrs Jones booked to an inside on deck 6 forward will be sleeping with Mr Jones in his balcony cabin on deck 7 aft. I think they’re on to that.

You just said it yourself, the rule is 2 bottles of wine per cabin, (provided at least one Pax is over 21).

So OP is following the rule, not breaking the rule.

And RCCL does not need me to tell them that Mrs Jones booked to an inside on deck 6 forward will be sleeping with Mr Jones in his balcony cabin on deck 7 aft. I think they’re on to that.

Sure, keep saying this and Royal is likely to limit wine to one bottle per adult, maximum of two per cabin. Then we will have a bunch of complaining and wining on here,

It only becomes my business when Royal no longer permits two bottles of wine to be brought onboard, Similar in kind too requiring all parties in a cabin over 21 (18 in some locations ) to purchase a drink package if one does.

Sooooo.... lets just discuss all the ways to get around just brining on two bottles..... maybe ways to smuggle some booze on too.

And you really think they somehow missed that a married couple cruising with under 21/18 kids can skirt the beverage package requirement (along with the complicated arduous location requirements for young people) by booking Mom and Dad in separate cabins?

As DW and I cruise with our children who are in that age group and want to get them in the cheapest cabin no matter where it is with respect to ours, I guess I should be worried that Cruise Critic Blabber mouths will ruin it for us any time somebody tells an experienced cruiser how to get what they want while still following the rules.

Sure, keep saying this and Royal is likely to limit wine to one bottle per adult, maximum of two per cabin. Then we will have a bunch of complaining and wining on here,

Your comparison to what happened with the beverage packages is erroneous.

Their was always a no sharing rule attached to the packages: it was being broken so that’s why there is a new rule. And I don’t recall a lot of package sharers coming on here bragging about it and I don’t think that’s how Royal Caribbean came to the conclusion that a new rule was needed.

And you really think they somehow missed that a married couple cruising with under 21/18 kids can skirt the beverage package requirement (along with the complicated arduous location requirements for young people) by booking Mom and Dad in separate cabins?

As DW and I cruise with our children who are in that age group and want to get them in the cheapest cabin no matter where it is with respect to ours, I guess I should be worried that Cruise Critic Blabber mouths will ruin it for us any time somebody tells an experienced cruiser how to get what they want while still following the rules.

I think you are missing my point.....

OP said he made the change to his cabins so he could bring onboard more wine.

I personally don't care how many bottles they have.... but don't come on CC to talk about it.... so that maybe Royal will change it or no longer allow it.....

I don't plan to police where or which cabin people sleep.

Op could have just said he made a change to their cabin and it was messed up.

I personally don't care how many bottles they have.... but don't come on CC to talk about it.... so that maybe Royal will change it or no longer allow it.....

You are getting so bent out of shape over 2 bottles of wine.

How do you feel about a couple splitting up into 2 balcony cabins in order to get 2 balcony discounts? It's done all the time and even encouraged by the cruise line.

I understood your point, I just think it’s silly on three counts:

1) RCCL does not need Cruise Critic for data on how many bottles of wine are actually presented for inspection. If they see lots of bottles being brought on board and it impacts their revenue they can make a change.

2) It’s obvious that the rule as written in such a way to provide an adult who pays for a cabin to have the opportunity to bring two bottles of wine on board. This family is doing it twice as they paid for two cabins, I don’t think that’s a big deal to RCCL and it shouldn’t be to you.

3) The content and context of your posts on this thread made it clear that you feel this particular behavior is breaking the rules (or a least abusing them). When it’s very clear that it was OP’s intent to follow the rules.

“Here’s how I made the rules work for me” threads are one of the more constructive aspects of this website. OP is under no obligation to self sensor reports of his permissible and line condoned actions on the off chance that doing so might offend you or make you fear that your wine-ing privileges might be taken away.

On my last cruise, I told my waiter I would enjoy two shrimp cocktails before another appetizer every night and that DW and I enjoy having our coffee before desert is served. Perhaps I should not post this because someone might think RCCL will read it and make a rule against it.

1) RCCL does not need Cruise Critic for data on how many bottles of wine are actually presented for inspection. If they see lots of bottles being brought on board and it impacts their revenue they can make a change.

2) It’s obvious that the rule as written in such a way to provide an adult who pays for a cabin to have the opportunity to bring two bottles of wine on board. This family is doing it twice as they paid for two cabins, I don’t think that’s a big deal to RCCL and it shouldn’t be to you.

3) The content and context of your posts on this thread made it clear that you feel this particular behavior is breaking the rules (or a least abusing them). When it’s very clear that it was OP’s intent to follow the rules.

“Here’s how I made the rules work for me” threads are one of the more constructive aspects of this website. OP is under no obligation to self sensor reports of his permissible and line condoned actions on the off chance that doing so might offend you or make you fear that your wine-ing privileges might be taken away.

On my last cruise, I told my waiter I would enjoy two shrimp cocktails before another appetizer every night and that DW and I enjoy having our coffee before desert is served. Perhaps I should not post this because someone might think RCCL will read it and make a rule against it.

I often get 2 l'escargot starters and ask for more bread,i wonder if that affects RC bottom line.

I often get 2 l'escargot starters and ask for more bread,i wonder if that affects RC bottom line.

Of course it won't.

RC are a great company with the best loyalty rewards who believe in looking after their guests its just a self appointed loyalty member critic on here who thinks otherwise.

Why not just pack 2 bottles in checked luggage and bring 2 in carry on?

I don’t encourage this as the rules are 2 per cabin

I am confused by the " I expected" You took your chances trying to manipulate the system. You lost. Your money will still be refunded. If you are going to take the chance accept your loss gracefully.

I am confused by the " I expected" You took your chances trying to manipulate the system. You lost. Your money will still be refunded. If you are going to take the chance accept your loss gracefully.

I am a little confused by your post. The person you quoted wasn’t the OP, and does not have a refund coming.

First off, how do I get a C&A discount??? I think I booked at the lowest possible price....

Secondly, my TA is a friend of mine, booked it originally and then had them transfer to her, merely as a courtesy to a friend who could really use the commission....My package is being refunded, but they're making me spend money TODAY to catch the same price, as opposed to booking it next week when my refund comes back, holding my money isn't a cool practice in my books...

And I actually have 3 rooms, now I have an adult in each so now I can technically bring 6 bottles on board (I'm in the fine wine business, and would love to have an opportunity to bring some awesome bottles to share with my family).

You have the deluxe beverage package and still want to try and bring on as many bottles of wine as possible? And even if your friend is your TA they should have told you this would happen. Maybe your TA should add the $50 onboard credit you are demanding since it was their mistake for not informing you of this.

With all due respect, you are being a bit of a jerk with this comment. As I remember, when the wine policy started, it was "one bottle per adult per stateroom, up to two bottles." So if you had one adult in each stateroom you got one bottle per stateroom. They have since changed it. The old Drink Package one person in the stateroom could purchase it. A GREAT deal for many. However too many people shared packages against the rules and then came on CC and bragged proudly about it. Giving factual information is fine. Bragging about how to get around the rules will cause a change of the rules. Your response, in my opinion, is "jerky" because unlimited food is always available in the MDR. So no rules being broken.