COMPLETELY PO'd at RCCL!

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

I get an email from RCCL that they had CANCELED my beverage package!

After being on the phone with them for 45 minutes and getting to a supervisor, they did NOTHING to help me out except make me pay AGAIN for my wife's package and hold my money AGAIN until I get my refund. I was expecting ANYTHING....$50 OBC? ANYTHING, but NO! They did NOTHING except force my hand to make me spend the money again! I know I have a choice to wait for another sale, but I was just trying to get SOMETHING out of them....

Needless to say, I've had pretty bad experiences so far with booking this cruise and nobody on their end is making me feel any better about it. Sorry bout the rant, but being in a sales job all my life, all I do is try to make my customers feel the love....

I can understand why you would be upset. Why did they cancel your package? That doesn't make sense. If you had paid for two packages, then it shouldn't matter what cabin you inhabit. Of course they shouldn't have made you repurchase and hold your money until you can get a refund, but I am not quite certain why you expect OBC for it.

Sorry you are off to a rough start with this cruise. Hopefully things improve so you will have an enjoyable cruise.

Too bad your TA didn't tell you that would happen if you moved people around. I would also check any other purchases and dining reservations, if you have made any, as those could be gone too.

You hit the nail on the head, it was the TA that should have informed the OP of the ramifications of moving people around.

You changed name so you could get 4 bottles of wine onboard. I hope you get a C&A discount on each cabin. Your package is being refunded and you want a $50.00 obc for the changes you made. happy cruising

First off, how do I get a C&A discount??? I think I booked at the lowest possible price....

Secondly, my TA is a friend of mine, booked it originally and then had them transfer to her, merely as a courtesy to a friend who could really use the commission....My package is being refunded, but they're making me spend money TODAY to catch the same price, as opposed to booking it next week when my refund comes back, holding my money isn't a cool practice in my books...

And I actually have 3 rooms, now I have an adult in each so now I can technically bring 6 bottles on board (I'm in the fine wine business, and would love to have an opportunity to bring some awesome bottles to share with my family).

they're making me spend money TODAY to catch the same price, as opposed to booking it next week when my refund comes back, holding my money isn't a cool practice in my books...

Hold on! You're this mad and you're still getting it for the same price?

So let me get this straight: You changed the reservation to get two more bottles of wine on board, you're STILL getting the drink packages for the same price, so this is costing you no more money.....

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?????

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU COMPLAINING ABOUT?????

That they're making me pay and hold my money for a few days when they canceled my package.....why should they hold my money? If they said that I could call back once my refund was done and get it at the same rate, there would be NO issue...

Sorry to hear that you are upset about this. Just a heads up if this ever happens again, one way around this would have been to leave the reservations as is, but print out two set sail passes and you and your wife could have gone through separate checkin lines, each carrying 2 bottles of wine in your carry-ons. DH and I have done this before when we were both on the package but wanted to bring some better wines on board to enjoy in the room or at dinner and had no issues at security.

Edited by Canadian Disney Mom

That they're making me pay and hold my money for a few days when they canceled my package.....why should they hold my money? If they said that I could call back once my refund was done and get it at the same rate, there would be NO issue...

Dude, if you're getting your panties in a twist over them "holding" a modest amount of money for a few days, I really don't know what to tell you. Refunds take time, it's pretty much standard business. If money is that tight, maybe you need to rethink spending so much on a cruise. And if it's the principle, then you're basically being a tool. How much interest do you think you're going to earn on a couple hundred dollars in a few days?

Seriously, you're getting EXACTLY what you wanted, and you're "PO'd at RCCL" for following their policies that you AGREED TO BY BOOKING to a tee.

You are officially totally and completely wrong.

Sorry to hear that you are upset about this. Just a heads up if this ever happens again, one way around this would have been to leave the reservations as is, but print out two set sail passes and you have your wife could have gone through separate checkin lines. DH and I have done this before when we were both on the package but wanted to bring some better wines on board to enjoy in the room or at dinner and had no issues at security.

That's exactly what I was thinking, why not just go through different check-in lines, would have made things alot easier

I booked the deluxe beverage package for myself and my wife, at the current rate of $45/per day a while ago...paid it off right away...Today, I had my travel agent (friend of mine) change the names on our reservations to have myself and one of my kids, and then my wife and other kid in separate rooms, whereas before it was myself and my wife, then my kids in an adjoining room. This way, we can take 4btls of wine on the ship...

After being on the phone with them for 45 minutes and getting to a supervisor, they did NOTHING to help me out except make me pay AGAIN for my wife's package and hold my money AGAIN until I get my refund. I was expecting ANYTHING....$50 OBC? ANYTHING, but NO! They did NOTHING except force my hand to make me spend the money again! I know I have a choice to wait for another sale, but I was just trying to get SOMETHING out of them....

Needless to say, I've had pretty bad experiences so far with booking this cruise and nobody on their end is making me feel any better about it. Sorry bout the rant, but being in a sales job all my life, all I do is try to make my customers feel the love....

You can geht them back by putting 2 bottles of wine in EVERY carry on!;p:cool:

It takes time for a refund to be issued back to a credit card.

This is NOT specifically a cruise line issue. If you book a hotel room, book a car reservation etc, there is a disclaimer that it could take up to 7 days for the credit to appear on your credit card statement. This goes beyond the travel industry. It is a processing issue.

I am not quite sure what you are complaining about. You are getting the drinks package for the same price you orginally paid.

I've seen many groups of people checking in together and have never noticed them being checked for wine and who belongs to what bottles and what cabin their in.

Sorry this doesn't seem like that big of a deal. You're not really loosing anything are you? That credit will be refunded to you in no time at all. Processing a refund shouldn't incur this much stress on your part. Agree your TA (friend) should have explained the process to you completely....if you're going to be "PO'd" with someone ...start there.

Calm down and have a drink...Cheers

I'm confused as to what you mean by they're holding your money.

Anytime something is cancelled it takes normally 5-7 days for the refund to come through.

Lol I have no idea what your complaining about?

They did whats written in your contract.

“Trying to get something out of them”?

What kind of crap is that?

For what?

You changed the reservation.

You should delete your post before someone really spanks you hard.

You got issues..

I cant imagine what would happen if you had a PROBLEM