OASIS Of The Seas Newbie to this class

I booked a cruise on The Oasis of the Seas. I haven't been on Royal for quite a while. The biggest ship I ever cruised on was the Carnival Magic at 134,000 GT. I am wondering if I will be overwhelmed sailing on this big of a ship? Silly question maybe, but will I get lost? Lol. I am worried about lines and so many people but excited at the same time. I can't wait for this to come. Can anyone tell me the can't miss things on this ship? Thanks in advance!!

The only obnoxious line I've ever dealt with on Oasis class is the customs line when you get back. It's pretty rare that I can't get to something I want to get to on the ship in a reasonable time, but then I also don't go to things like the Flowrider and the climbing wall. They've designed the ship really well so that it doesn't feel like there are 6,000 other people riding around with you.

We cruised on Oasis for the first time last year and loved it! After a day of walking around you will get used to it and know where you are going. There is actually so much to do and places to eat you really cannot squeeze it all in one week. The aqua theater show is unique to Oasis class so be sure to see it.

We cruised on Oasis for the first time last year and loved it! After a day of walking around you will get used to it and know where you are going. There is actually so much to do and places to eat you really cannot squeeze it all in one week. The aqua theater show is unique to Oasis class so be sure to see it.

Thank you! It sounds really awesome.

The only obnoxious line I've ever dealt with on Oasis class is the customs line when you get back. It's pretty rare that I can't get to something I want to get to on the ship in a reasonable time, but then I also don't go to things like the Flowrider and the climbing wall. They've designed the ship really well so that it doesn't feel like there are 6,000 other people riding around with you.

Yes, lol I won't be doing the flowrider or rock wall. I'd probably break my neck!!

Do you know when you can start booking the shows? We sail Feb 10, 2019 so a ways out.

The reservations seem to appear at random times, no real pattern seen. Check the Cruise Planner periodically.

We sailed the Oasis four years ago and it's greatest feature for us was that it's the ONLY CRUISE we've ever taken where we did not have to set foot in the buffet EVER. There are soooo many included food venues around the ship we never saw it. Central Park Cafe is fantastic for breakfast and lunch. The solarium cafe serves healthier foods, always had grilled vegetables very tasty food there. It only felt crowded when large shows are assembling or letting out. We were a bit annoyed with having to "schedule" our vacation with shows.....but it worked out fine.

Can pretty much agree with all of the above. Oasis and her sisters are so well designed that the size is not too overwhelming and we managed to learn our way around quite quickly. No issues with lines or crowding. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We were on Carnival Magic about 6 months before Oasis and while we liked Magic well enough, Oasis is so much better!

I booked a cruise on The Oasis of the Seas. I haven't been on Royal for quite a while. The biggest ship I ever cruised on was the Carnival Magic at 134,000 GT. I am wondering if I will be overwhelmed sailing on this big of a ship? Silly question maybe, but will I get lost? Lol. I am worried about lines and so many people but excited at the same time. I can't wait for this to come. Can anyone tell me the can't miss things on this ship? Thanks in advance!!

Funny thing- we just returned from our cruise on the Oasis last week. Our previous cruise was on the Magic!

Compared to the Magic, the ship was noticeably bigger but not in a bad way. Finding our way around was easy, particularly with the "Wayfinder" screens they had in the elevator lobbies. The public areas, particularly central park and boardwalk seemed less crowded than I would expect. The Oasis is a beautiful ship!

As for can't miss, don't miss the ice show or the Aqua Theater performances. BOOK EARLY ONLINE. If you wait a month or less before your sailing, you may not get a reservation.

We sailed the Oasis four years ago and it's greatest feature for us was that it's the ONLY CRUISE we've ever taken where we did not have to set foot in the buffet EVER. There are soooo many included food venues around the ship we never saw it. Central Park Cafe is fantastic for breakfast and lunch. The solarium cafe serves healthier foods, always had grilled vegetables very tasty food there. It only felt crowded when large shows are assembling or letting out. We were a bit annoyed with having to "schedule" our vacation with shows.....but it worked out fine.

Thank you for the information! This is most helpful!

Can pretty much agree with all of the above. Oasis and her sisters are so well designed that the size is not too overwhelming and we managed to learn our way around quite quickly. No issues with lines or crowding. I'm sure you will have a wonderful time. We were on Carnival Magic about 6 months before Oasis and while we liked Magic well enough, Oasis is so much better!

Thank you. I liked the Magic, but it was not my favorite. I'm so excited to sail on Oasis!

Funny thing- we just returned from our cruise on the Oasis last week. Our previous cruise was on the Magic!

Compared to the Magic, the ship was noticeably bigger but not in a bad way. Finding our way around was easy, particularly with the "Wayfinder" screens they had in the elevator lobbies. The public areas, particularly central park and boardwalk seemed less crowded than I would expect. The Oasis is a beautiful ship!

As for can't miss, don't miss the ice show or the Aqua Theater performances. BOOK EARLY ONLINE. If you wait a month or less before your sailing, you may not get a reservation.

Yes thank you, we will make sure to book as soon as the cruise planner will allow us.

Oasis will feel less crowded than Magic and far less lines. As others said, the ship is so well designed it won't feel like there is that many people on board. It actually doesn't feel that big, either. It's laid out in simple "neighborhoods" and the neighborhoods generally go straight up the middle of the ship. Entertainment Place, Promenade above that, Central Park above that, Pool deck above that. Boardwalk is on the back. It's the easiest ship to navigate around and almost impossible to get lost or feel like you are missing something. I think you'll be an instant convert once you realize just how awesome this class of ship is. Nothing compares.

Oasis will feel less crowded than Magic and far less lines. As others said, the ship is so well designed it won't feel like there is that many people on board. It actually doesn't feel that big, either. It's laid out in simple "neighborhoods" and the neighborhoods generally go straight up the middle of the ship. Entertainment Place, Promenade above that, Central Park above that, Pool deck above that. Boardwalk is on the back. It's the easiest ship to navigate around and almost impossible to get lost or feel like you are missing something. I think you'll be an instant convert once you realize just how awesome this class of ship is. Nothing compares.

Was the pool deck crowded?

Was the pool deck crowded?

On a sea day, every cruise ship pool deck is crowded. Oasis included. However, with so many pools, we found it easy to get a decent lounge chair even when busy. Often right near the pool but always on the upper deck.

Thank you. I felt the Magic was nothing but lines and it wasn't nearly as big as Oasis. Thanks for the positive comments. I have heard nothing but good about this ship. I just wish it were closer lol.

Book the aqua show on the first available night in case they have to cancel due to weather. That way you won’t miss it. Also watch for a show later in the week during the day. It is a different show and fun. I think it is kid oriented but really it is just a good show if you like the diving and acrobatics.

The 70s party on the promenade is always a blast. I wouldn’t miss that as a newbie. They also usually do an adult only party in the solarium. Last time I think they called it the Malibu party. It is on deck 16 by the bar and starts at like 10 or 11. It is outdoors and they have a DJ and dance floor.

All the shows are very good so if you like shows you’ll likely love the trip unless you are simon from American idol.

At least go watch the flowrider if you haven’t seen it. Maybe even try it but just watching is fun imo. Lots of falls and funny stuff.

Try the jogging/walking track. If you don’t want exercise just grab a chair in the aft and watch the wake. Very relaxing.

The same great view form deck 15 aft behind the flowriders. There is a bar up there too which makes it even better.

On a sea day, every cruise ship pool deck is crowded. Oasis included. However, with so many pools, we found it easy to get a decent lounge chair even when busy. Often right near the pool but always on the upper deck.

Thank you!