Question about Cheers Package

puppybug

I recently got a pretty large head laceration and am set to sail with my family on April 2nd. I'm on antibiotics and pain medication and will not be able to drink alcohol. We are all over 21 and got the Cheers Package. I know that if one person in the cabin gets the package, everyone has to. But if I'm unable to drink for medical reasons, would guest services refund my part? I also don't drink soda, but wouldn't mind getting a non-alcoholic drinks package if it included specialty decaf coffees.

I recently got a pretty large head laceration and am set to sail with my family on April 2nd. I'm on antibiotics and pain medication and will not be able to drink alcohol. We are all over 21 and got the Cheers Package. I know that if one person in the cabin gets the package, everyone has to. But if I'm unable to drink for medical reasons, would guest services refund my part? I also don't drink soda, but wouldn't mind getting a non-alcoholic drinks package if it included specialty decaf coffees.

The only 2 packages there are is cheers and bottomless bubbles. Bottomless bubbles only include pop and juice. No coffee

Your cheers will include a myriad of non-alcoholic drinks (anything you would order with liquor you can get virgin instead), coffee, milkshakes, etc.

To answer your other question, no even for medical reasons I don't believe they would issue you a refund. Everyone in the room would have to cancel and get the refund before you sail

This has been discussed numerous times. They will not waive their "everyone over 21 in the cabin has to purchase" for any reason. You can certainly try, but its unlikely you'll get a refund while the other person(s) in your cabin can still get Cheers. You'll still have to pay or all of you will have to cancel.

Where do they draw the line -- one exception and the "fake" doctor's notes will start flying, I am pregnant will be the new norm, I am in AA will be a winner but I guarantee there won't be any more people in the meetings on the ship. How do they "police" this and make sure those with the excuse don't have a drink -- don't think they can.

Carnival has made a rule on this -- I make no judgement if it is the right or wrong rule but I do commend Carnival for enforcing it. One of the few it seems folks here haven't figured out how to "get around".

I find they are very very cooperative, and i would go to guest services. I have simply mentioned a terrible internet connection and they refund the whole package, but still allow you to keep the internet..

everything is not black and white, and i bet you will find they will remove the qualifier from your card so you cant purchase drinks, and give you a full refund.

Never heard of this happening- medical/pregnancy...the answer was the same-No

As for the internet- we had purchased for the entire week. After day one it never worked. We were told they are aware that there is no connection and we would need to dispute the charge with our credit card company. They were not allowed to give a refund.