Just off the Ruby today

judyjudy56

We were on the Ruby for the 5 day Cabo cruise. This was a last minute booking for us and we didn't realize it was during Spring Break. It has been a year since our last cruise. Here are a couple of observations and comments. We arrived at the terminal at about 10:2O and were checked in and aboard by 11:10. We are elite so were in the second group to board after a large wedding party. We were given a notice that our cabin may not be ready until 1:00 but we could put our carry ons in the cabin. Our cabin was ready and was perfectly clean. I attempted to call the dining line to make a reservation for the Crown Grille for the second night. No answer. We called room service to get our mini bar traded out for coffee cards. We had a nice lunch and met a fellow CCer. On the way back upstairs we stopped at the Crown Grille and was told they were completely booked for the entire cruise and was pretty much scolded for not prebooking online. This young man did not make a good impression on us at all. Interestingly we called the dine line later and were able to get a reservation. Our coffee cards were in the room with an expiration date of 12/31/2018. I thought they would be good for 12 months. I wonder what will happen if you get a coffee card in November. Muster drill without having to bring our life jackets was great. The first day and a half were sea days and were enjoyable. We only felt the ship was overly crowded a couple of times. We did have to use a coffee card punch for a glass of milk which was new. Being in Cabo overnight was different. The rest of the cruise was relaxing. This was a nice getaway for us to make up for having to cancel a Panama Canal cruise in January. We did self walk off this morning and we were allowed to leave at 7:30 instead of our 7:55 meeting time. We were a little concerned about some bad reviews of the Ruby and general comments about people's disappointment with Princess lately. We found it to be fairly similar to our past cruises. Not 100 percent perfect and not 100 percent bad. Time for me to go and turn down our bed and search for chocolates for the pillows[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My friend always has milk with her breakfast and so far has not been charged. We were on Ruby a year ago and Crown a month ago. May I ask when and where you got the milk? I want her to be prepared for next cruise. Thanks!

This was at the coffee bar next to the international cafe. It was always free in the buffet and the dining rooms. I love my cookies and milk!!

This was at the coffee bar next to the international cafe. It was always free in the buffet and the dining rooms. I love my cookies and milk!!
Any beverage at the International Cafe other than water is not free.

We were on the Ruby for the 5 day Cabo cruise. This was a last minute booking for us and we didn't realize it was during Spring Break. It has been a year since our last cruise. Here are a couple of observations and comments. We arrived at the terminal at about 10:2O and were checked in and aboard by 11:10. We are elite so were in the second group to board after a large wedding party. We were given a notice that our cabin may not be ready until 1:00 but we could put our carry ons in the cabin. Our cabin was ready and was perfectly clean. I attempted to call the dining line to make a reservation for the Crown Grille for the second night. No answer. We called room service to get our mini bar traded out for coffee cards. We had a nice lunch and met a fellow CCer. On the way back upstairs we stopped at the Crown Grille and was told they were completely booked for the entire cruise and was pretty much scolded for not prebooking online. This young man did not make a good impression on us at all. Interestingly we called the dine line later and were able to get a reservation. Our coffee cards were in the room with an expiration date of 12/31/2018. I thought they would be good for 12 months. I wonder what will happen if you get a coffee card in November. Muster drill without having to bring our life jackets was great. The first day and a half were sea days and were enjoyable. We only felt the ship was overly crowded a couple of times. We did have to use a coffee card punch for a glass of milk which was new. Being in Cabo overnight was different. The rest of the cruise was relaxing. This was a nice getaway for us to make up for having to cancel a Panama Canal cruise in January. We did self walk off this morning and we were allowed to leave at 7:30 instead of our 7:55 meeting time. We were a little concerned about some bad reviews of the Ruby and general comments about people's disappointment with Princess lately. We found it to be fairly similar to our past cruises. Not 100 percent perfect and not 100 percent bad. Time for me to go and turn down our bed and search for chocolates for the pillows[emoji3]

It sounds like, all in all, Judy, you had a great cruise. Excellent.

I had to chuckle at your experience at the Crown Grill on embarkation day. By any chance was it Sheldon that you met who could not seem to make a reservation for you?

In November and February we were on the Ruby Princess. On both occasions we dropped by Crown Grill on embarkation day. The first day we met Sheldon. He struggled a bit making a reservation for us until another Crown Grill person came by and was able to coach him through it. On the February cruise we again dropped by Crown Grill, again, on embarkation day, and, is that guy familiar? Yup, it's Sheldon. This time Sheldon told us we could not get a reservation for the entire cruise.

????

The next day I enjoyed having breakfast in the Crown Grill. The headwaiter seemed like a nice, personable guy. So, as I walked out I asked him, "Is it possible to get a dinner reservation, here, tomorrow evening?"

"Absolutely. What time would you like?"

"Can we do 7:00 pm?"

"7:00 pm. Very good sir. And your cabin number, sir.?"

I'll bet you a dollar, Judy, it was Sheldon.

Good to know. My friend likes milk with breakfast. I think she should be fine. I had an old coffee card on our recent Crown cruise. I would get a specialty for myself and a fresh brew for my husband. Sometimes they punched for the fresh brew and sometimes not. Very inconsistent.

It sounds like, all in all, Judy, you had a great cruise. Excellent.

I had to chuckle at your experience at the Crown Grill on embarkation day. By any chance was it Sheldon that you met who could not seem to make a reservation for you?

In November and February we were on the Ruby Princess. On both occasions we dropped by Crown Grill on embarkation day. The first day we met Sheldon. He struggled a bit making a reservation for us until another Crown Grill person came by and was able to coach him through it. On the February cruise we again dropped by Crown Grill, again, on embarkation day, and, is that guy familiar? Yup, it's Sheldon. This time Sheldon told us we could not get a reservation for the entire cruise.

????

The next day I enjoyed having breakfast in the Crown Grill. The headwaiter seemed like a nice, personable guy. So, as I walked out I asked him, "Is it possible to get a dinner reservation, here, tomorrow evening?"

"Absolutely. What time would you like?"

"Can we do 7:00 pm?"

"7:00 pm. Very good sir. And your cabin number, sir.?"

I'll bet you a dollar, Judy, it was Sheldon.

I didn't get his name but he was a young African American man.

I’m on the Ruby on April 14th & am the coordinator for our Meet & Greet. Do by chance have a copy of the front page of the 1st day Patter that has the names of the officers that you could post?

I could also be reached at trbarton743 at aol dot com.

Thanks!

Tom😎

We were on this cruise as well — had the suite breakfast at the Crowne Grill, as well as a large group dining there one evening (that was pre-booked). Usually Dean was at the host desk, and was always courteous and helpful. Sheldon provided waiter service a few mornings, and was the lead waiter for our team of waiter for our big anniversary dinner. He was personable and provided excellent service. But sounds like he isn’t versed on the reservation system.

I’m on the Ruby on April 14th & am the coordinator for our Meet & Greet. Do by chance have a copy of the front page of the 1st day Patter that has the names of the officers that you could post?

I could also be reached at trbarton743 at aol dot com.

Thanks!

Tom[emoji41]

Sorry I don't have the patters.

Judy

We were on this cruise as well — had the suite breakfast at the Crowne Grill, as well as a large group dining there one evening (that was pre-booked). Usually Dean was at the host desk, and was always courteous and helpful. Sheldon provided waiter service a few mornings, and was the lead waiter for our team of waiter for our big anniversary dinner. He was personable and provided excellent service. But sounds like he isn’t versed on the reservation system.

You weren't with the group dressed up like bananas were you?

I was also on this cruise and I thought it was very enjoyable. This was also the first time we did an overview cabin and it was fantastic. Much better than we had expected. We really enjoyed being right off the Piazza. We could get to our rooms, the dining rooms, and the I-Cafe so quickly.

Wow— no. I missed that completely [emoji15]

I saw them a few times. A group of at least 6 or 8 dressed in banana costumes. Must have had some meaning to them. They seemed to be having a great time.

I saw them a few times. A group of at least 6 or 8 dressed in banana costumes. Must have had some meaning to them. They seemed to be having a great time.

I asked our group if anyone saw them — and yes, at the IC and karaoke—but not one photo, lol.

There was an absolutely charming woman named Rosa Maria serving breakfast in the Crown Grill on our February cruise. We'd met Rosa Maria on our November cruise in SHARE. She was just a superb server--we visited SHARE three evenings, that trip. Well, there she was on the serving breakfasts in the Crown Grill. However, she told me that she also served dinner in SHARE. So, that meant we would be going to SHARE one evening. This was the first time I'd ever encountered a crew person on different cruises.

So, I called the DINE line and made a reservation for evening 4 of our five day cruise (same itinerary as Judy's).

Yes, Dean was the headwaiter for the Crown Grill breakfast hours. As I was walking out of the Crown Grill after breakfast on day 4, Dean mentions to me, "Have a good day, sir. I'll see you, this evening."

Well that confused me, and it was obvious that confusion showed on my face. I had no idea why I would be seeing him.

"I'm the manager at SHARE. You'll be dining with us, tonight."

OK, now I get it.

We, of course had a great dinner. Rosa Maria told us that she will be on the Ruby Princess until April 14. So, anybody who is on board in the next couple weeks and would like an excellent dining experience, I highly recommend that you ask for one of Rosa Maria's tables at SHARE.

And Judy, I'm pretty sure you met Sheldon. Did he have an accent? He's Bahamian.

There was an absolutely charming woman named Rosa Maria serving breakfast in the Crown Grill on our February cruise. We'd met Rosa Maria on our November cruise in SHARE. She was just a superb server--we visited SHARE three evenings, that trip. Well, there she was on the serving breakfasts in the Crown Grill. However, she told me that she also served dinner in SHARE. So, that meant we would be going to SHARE one evening. This was the first time I'd ever encountered a crew person on different cruises.

So, I called the DINE line and made a reservation for evening 4 of our five day cruise (same itinerary as Judy's).

Yes, Dean was the headwaiter for the Crown Grill breakfast hours. As I was walking out of the Crown Grill after breakfast on day 4, Dean mentions to me, "Have a good day, sir. I'll see you, this evening."

Well that confused me, and it was obvious that confusion showed on my face. I had no idea why I would be seeing him.

"I'm the manager at SHARE. You'll be dining with us, tonight."

OK, now I get it.

We, of course had a great dinner. Rosa Maria told us that she will be on the Ruby Princess until April 14. So, anybody who is on board in the next couple weeks and would like an excellent dining experience, I highly recommend that you ask for one of Rosa Maria's tables at SHARE.

And Judy, I'm pretty sure you met Sheldon. Did he have an accent? He's Bahamian.

I think we also met Rosa Maria, but didn't catch her name at breakfast, so not sure. She frequently came by with the pastry tray. Felt bad that I didn't get her name to give her a positive comment in our post cruise survey. We also had great interaction with Dragan.