Johnny Rockets Question

When we sailed on Freedom of the Seas the crew at Johnny Rockets sang/danced when a certain song was played on the juke box. Johnny Be Good maybe? We thought it was fun and everyone seemed to really enjoy it. We ate at JR on Indy of the Seas and could not have had a more different experience. The waiter did not have coins for the juke box, nor did it even work. When asked about the dancing we were told, "We don't do that anymore". Overall, it wasn't much fun. DH disappointed when the apple pie he had been craving arrived. It was tiny and just not very good. Is every ship different or is the dancing a thing of the past now? I don't want to mention it to family before our next cruise in case there is no longer entertainment. If it makes a difference we are sailing aboard the Oasis next.

Edited by Cinders411

They did dance on Allure in January, but it wasn't very often. We sat outside and they danced once and I think they did it more often inside. I say this because our waitress was one that served inside and our food was delayed and she apologized and said it was because she was dancing inside.

A while later they danced outside for a minute or so.

From what I remember from past experiences, the servers at JR would rather have been doing ANYthing else besides doing that little dance. They all had humiliated and exasperated looks on their faces and clearly were NOT enjoying it. Maybe there are some who think it's fun, but most of those that I recall really were not into it at all. Maybe that's why they have pretty much discontinued the dancing.

From what I remember from past experiences, the servers at JR would rather have been doing ANYthing else besides doing that little dance. They all had humiliated and exasperated looks on their faces and clearly were NOT enjoying it. Maybe there are some who think it's fun, but most of those that I recall really were not into it at all. Maybe that's why they have pretty much discontinued the dancing.

I thought about this while we were there so I asked one of the servers about it. She said she thought it was fun so perhaps not all crew feel the same way.

Just off Freedom (3/17) - there was no dancing, no smiling, no laughing, no change for the jukebox, and JR's was VERY short staffed. It took nearly 2 hours for us to eat there and only 3 other families were in there when we were. Our orders came out wrong, we were unable to get refills on fries/onion rings, and it was one of the worst service experiences we had while onboard. Definitely not like is used to be..........and for SURE not worth the $23.48 cover charge for 2 people.

I hope there is still dancing on Navigator in three weeks, my 5 year old loves to watch it. Has the cover charge increased?

It's either $7.95 or $9.95, plus 18%. Includes soda, but shakes are extra.