getting our 5* pins

SeaBands

We will be taking a back to back in November. We will go 4 star after the 1st leg of cruise. We were told by HAL to go to the front desk after 1st leg and they will check with HAL or Mariners Society and up grade us from 3 star to 4 star. Is this correct by what you know? Bud

Yes, that happened to us last October; we booked 2 cruises back to back and at the end of the first cruise, we were given new cards with 4 stars on them, and were able to enjoy free laundry for the second 2 weeks. It won't happen automatically, you have to let the front desk know.

For the books, we wear our medallion with pins attached to the Mariner ceremonies and luncheon. I keep telling people it's my most expensive jewelry. LOL

Smooth Sailing. [emoji3] [emoji3] [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congrats to you too :) Hope we have the pleasure to sail again with you. :)

Thanks, Jacqui! Mom and I are doing the Hawaii/Tahiti again next year (on Eurodam instead of Westerdam) for her 81st birthday.

I am happy we got out platinum pins as I recall readigng here on CC some time ago, most of the ships no longer have a supply of platinum pins. Perhaps hey now do? I don't care much abotu 5 stgzrs but I do like the Platinum. ;)

I nopticed a few people wearing a Platinum medallion on a blue e ribbon but I beroe this saw it only on a white rbibon. Ours ware on white

Our ribbons are also white.

The matching lapel pins for the medals are no longer available -- not even through the Mariner Society. We are also glad we got ours when we did.

The Medallion Mariner Program is more meaningful, IMO as it counts only days on board. There are no 'b onus days for spending or being in eligible suite. Again, that is days for spend ing if they award days for being in a suite. A Platinum medallion presented for at least 1,000 days is so much more special, IMO

Personally, I haven't had any problems getting my new pins. I have received 2*, 3* and 4* during the cruise on the day I earned it and usually placed on the bed in the evening. Obviously, the procedure for handing out pins is not, but should be, standard throughout the HAL fleet. The manner in which one gets his/her pin is anyones guess. I've been lucky.

We became 4 stars in 2013 or 14, can't remember which and received our pins onboard at that time. When we were on the Zuiderdam in 2016, we received more 4 star pins THREE DIFFERENT TIMES during the 21 days we were on board! We gave them back each time ... but I really wanted to wear them to the Mariners Lunch and tell people we were 12-star mariners. There were a few people on board whose heads would have exploded ...

We became 4 stars in 2013 or 14, can't remember which and received our pins onboard at that time. When we were on the Zuiderdam in 2016, we received more 4 star pins THREE DIFFERENT TIMES during the 21 days we were on board! We gave them back each time ... but I really wanted to wear them to the Mariners Lunch and tell people we were 12-star mariners. There were a few people on board whose heads would have exploded ... [/quot

Lol

Personally, I haven't had any problems getting my new pins. I have received 2*, 3* and 4* during the cruise on the day I earned it and usually placed on the bed in the evening. Obviously, the procedure for handing out pins is not, but should be, standard throughout the HAL fleet. The manner in which one gets his/her pin is anyones guess. I've been lucky.

All of our pins have been mailed usually.

The exception was DH's five * pin which was given to him on the cruise. Mine had been mailed. No consistency and no worries as long as we get the benefits ;)

You should call the Mariner Society and explain to them that you got only 1 Five Star pin and you are both entitled to a pin.

Just thought that HAL was saving money!!!

I should have asked the concierge to obtain the second 5 star pin.

Just thought that HAL was saving money!!!

I should have asked the concierge to obtain the second 5 star pin.

Yes, that would have done the trick.

I am guessing you didn't think much a bout it at the time.