A Ruby Pedicure

Papa Hooks

Being the enormous, thoughtful husband that I am :D, I have reserved a time for my wife to get a pedicure. She is very sensitive to strong smells; it sometimes can give her a migraine. Can anyone impart information/wisdom to me on the smells or what she could do? I’ll cancel it in a heartbeat if it’s like a typical nail salon where the smell is overwhelming.

It's 4 times the cost than on land. I would never get one on a ship. You are very thoughtful, but YIKES!
I know NOTHING about pedicures, but it’s “only” $45 on sea day. What does one cost on land?

You are a very thoughtful husband! Your post sorta sounded as if you are surprising your DW with the pedicure so I thought I’d add one other consideration: will she already be planning on her own, to get one prior to the cruise?? Or even if she does her own pedicure, she might spend a lot of time doing that in advance of the trip when she could have just waited.

You are a very thoughtful husband! Your post sorta sounded as if you are surprising your DW with the pedicure so I thought I’d add one other consideration: will she already be planning on her own, to get one prior to the cruise?? Or even if she does her own pedicure, she might spend a lot of time doing that in advance of the trip when she could have just waited.
No, she knows. I just wanted to do something nice so she can be pampered a little bit. She won’t have one done before we leave.

I've had a pedicure done on the ship a couple of times. The cost at home is $25.00, so yes it's more, but not that much more. I think it's a lovely gesture. As for the smells, I don't recall anything too overpowering. The nail area is in the same area where people are having their hair done, so there will be shampoo smells.

I've only had manicures done on board and do not recall any overpowering aromas. And I did not feel "pampered" during any manicures, rather the common cruise staff attitude where they are just doing their job, nothing more nothing less, and of course the push to sell product.

I've done pedicures on quite a few Princess cruises. It's a nice relaxing time & as far as the "hard sale" goes - yes, they try to talk you into stuff, but they take a "no" very easily. One thing to watch for - don't add a tip unless you're really, really happy - they already add a gratuity to the service.