PIctures?/

sassafrass

OK the last cruise we did not buy one pic. This however will be the last family cruise for a good long while and it is my whole family, sister, parents and son. How much are pics usually on board? Can you show me some of your cruise shots?

The quality of the pictures is going to vary from photographer to photographer.

If you are interested in some good family portraits though this is the time to do it. You can stop and 20 different backdrops on multiple nights (where they will likely take at least 2-5 poses for you), giving you tons of choices to pick from. The more you take, the better the chance you will find one you really like. And the taking of the pictures doesn't cost a dime... you could easily have 100 choices if you wanted to.

Also, you can check your booking and there is usually an option to pre-buy a photo package there under your cruise manager which can save you $ off the onboard pricing.

I don't buy pictures on every cruise, but over the years I have bought quite a few I really liked.

Carnival just announced new photo packages starting at 99 bucks and going up from there.

Excerpt from Carnival Photo Package page

Packages may be ordered online at carnival.com/Funshops or by calling The Fun Shops department at 1-800-522-7648, Monday through Sunday, 8:00am-10:00pm ET. The cut-off for purchase online is 11:59pm ET, the day before your cruise.

Pixels Packages

Pixels - $99.99 USD

• Your best ever 5 photos plus aCanvas Portrait (16" x 20")

Pixels Plus - $199.99 USD

• All photos you can get

Pixels Plus Digital - $249.99 USD

• All photos you can get plus a souvenir USB stick with all of your photos in high resolution digital format

The packages are only available for presale and cannot be purchased on the ship.

Our last cruise was before they started this program but I think we would have done at least the 99 dollar one. Maybe more if we could get kids and grandkids to go with us lol. We are leaving in 8 days for our next one but we might do the Dreams Studio instead - we were very happy with that (and only ended up buying 1 picture but they go over and above with lighting/editing/posing/etc... to make even us old overweight people look pretty good.) Dreams Studio is a whole separate thing from the regular Pixels photographers all around the ship.

I decided to splurge and do the $250. A cruise with my parents, sister and son is worth it!

I'll probably get flamed for this but remember that most home printers today can print good quality copies of any pictures that you buy on the ship. No need to buy expensive copies from them. If you don't have a copier that does photos, you can get a form from Carnival that allows you to take them to a place that copies photos and have it done there.

We have 4 cabins booked for our next cruise. They each have their own booking number. One of my 2 kids is in another room. We don't have to buy more than 1 package because he will be in the photos do we? Thank you!

NO, you do not. The package is for you to buy whatever pictures you want (isn't based solely on the room or anything). You could buy a complete strangers pics if you wanted to ;)

NO, you do not. The package is for you to buy whatever pictures you want (isn't based solely on the room or anything). You could buy a complete strangers pics if you wanted to ;)

I think they're asking about the packages. You can't have a complete stranger in your packages with you. That's why there was such an uproar when they first announced them last month, because people had kids in other rooms. That's when they said kids in other rooms could be in the photos but nobody else outside of the cabin could be.

Yes I am trying to decide to get a photo package or not.

each cabin would need to purchase the package. inorder to get the whole family photo done

We have 4 cabins booked for our next cruise. They each have their own booking number. One of my 2 kids is in another room. We don't have to buy more than 1 package because he will be in the photos do we? Thank you!

your family can have thier photos taken together