Things you have asked the butler to do

maja651

So here's the thing . . . I book a suite for the size of the suite, the size of the balcony, and the location. I really don't need nor desire the services of a butler or a concierge. I can do those things myself. How do you politely tell a butler that you don't need his or her services?

So here's the thing . . . I book a suite for the size of the suite, the size of the balcony, and the location. I really don't need nor desire the services of a butler or a concierge. I can do those things myself. How do you politely tell a butler that you don't need his or her services?

Let them know what you expect of them up front, if you don't want the daily snack, let them know that it would just go to waste and please don't deliver it.

On a port intensive cruise we have no need for the butler, they will (should) still check in with you every now and then but it will ( should be) unobtrusive. More like an attentive room steward.

On cruises with a lot of sea days.....

Maybe because I was raised on sarcasm, I can see all but the subtlest when it’s in text form.

And I use it extensively. Mostly because punching people in the face is illegal. ;)

Love this!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Best story I heard from one of my Butlers is that there was a couple that called him everytime they wanted coffee. They would put the pods in and call him to push the start button.

Now that is just ridiculous

butler refills coffee supplies

We REALLY appreciate the concierges' help getting on/off the ship.

on the Jewel, Bowen, the concierge, said good morning, asked if we needed anything from him that day, checked in on us in the evening on how was our day, mentioned on day 4 that I was having trouble adjusting to 2+ hour dinner times (main dining service was slow). The next night we were through in 45 minutes (never felt rushed) - I assumed he said something.