Outdoor movies?

cruise fairy

CaptCrunch did you have to sit on the ground when watching movies on the Reflection

Yes, which is why we didn’t stay. The movie was to be shown at 10:15 and we went up there around 10:00 and started milling around to see if loungers or any chairs were going to be set up. We sat in an empty alcove and waited around until 10:15 and nothing happened - no one came up with anything to sit on so we left. There were several people that had grabbed a few towels and spread them out to lie on, but if I’m going to lie down to watch a movie I’d rather be in bed.

They really didn’t seem to be promoting the outdoor screen when we were on board. I suspect it’s going to flop. Especially because most people aren’t going to be up for sitting on the ground for two hours. I was looking forward to it, but was disappointed

We were on the Summit in December 2016. The outdoor movie was brand new at that time, with nice new comfy seating. But we never saw a single movie, because of the times they were offered. The whole setup looked very nice though!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In December, we decided to stay on the Eclipse instead of going onto town. The ship docked next to us was Princess with a huge movie screen playing a film poolside and blasting the sound. It made for a less than pleasant day by the pool for us. And would certainly stop me from cruising princess again.

In December, we decided to stay on the Eclipse instead of going onto town. The ship docked next to us was Princess with a huge movie screen playing a film poolside and blasting the sound. It made for a less than pleasant day by the pool for us. And would certainly stop me from cruising princess again.

Yes, we've been in that situation ourselves. The way they blast out concerts on Princess screens during the day is ludicrous. By contrast on the Constellation they kept the volume at a reasonable level at all times. We were never even disturbed by it on our balcony on deck 11.

We enjoyed the outdoor movies on the Constellation on the rare opportunity that they were on at a convenient time. The rooftop terrace is a great innovation.

It's a really nice space up there, but it was sadly overrun with chair hogs at Christmas. The volume was loud some of the time and I got fed up with seeing the X adverts with LLP on the big screen. No bar service that I could see, but a short trip down the stairs at the back to the bar to carry your own back up the steps. This could be such a good spot, but because of my observations above I found it wasn't for me.

Phil

Celebrity has kept the movies away from the pool area.,..which is excellent. No need for movies, concerts or sports on the big screen at the pool,

Those who want them can use the upstair space on M class. On S class, looks like lawn area will also be used..lawn .has been underutilized.

We hear they will also be on EDGE but up in or near the garden area..

No need for loud movies etc elsewhere, as the outdoor noise can negatively impact others who are not participating. X used to have "boutiquey" theaters showing great movies and free popcorn...long gone!

Even worse is being berthed next to Carnival ship with a booked party music cruise.. We had 24-7 blaring music!

It was nice once being berthed next to another ship (maybe Disney) that had fireworks

• Like 1

No need for loud movies etc elsewhere, as the outdoor noise can negatively impact others who are not participating. X used to have "boutiquey" theaters showing great movies and free popcorn...long gone!

I apologise if I'm sounding like a broken record, but this is the kind of stuff they play around the pool deck on Celebrity these days. This was Constellation recently. It was the same on Reflection. Not all the time of course, but often enough. Celebrity obviously believe it adds some atmosphere to Modern Luxury.

_gCNGxeHgaM

Phil

I think what I liked about Princess in the past was the Movies Under the Stars at night - I remember watching Pirates of the Caribbean at the time...fun! But I also enjoyed the aft pool for adults only during the day to get away from the daytime movies.