Pre-Cruise information?

Ihearttravel11

Before your cruise, do you get any information on special nights festivities (white party, formal dinner, etc.)?

We are just doing a quick 3 night cruise next month (I doubt there are going to be any things happening like there would be on a longer cruise, but I still want to be prepared), and I am curious how people find out what is going on during their cruise before they board.

Thanks, from a newbie! :)

Before your cruise, do you get any information on special nights festivities (white party, formal dinner, etc.)?

We are just doing a quick 3 night cruise next month (I doubt there are going to be any things happening like there would be on a longer cruise, but I still want to be prepared), and I am curious how people find out what is going on during their cruise before they board.

There will be activities going on any an length of cruise. My suggestion is list the date and ship your sailing to see if anyone has the Fun Times (daily activity listing) from the same itinerary. Have fun!

Usually the email you may get are more general, generic things, nothing as specific as what you are asking about.

Have only seen a White Party at the disco. Many times pax do not dress up for events, no white, no ‘80s. Exception is Halloween and, sometimes Hawaiian night on the Hawaii itins. Seems like the whole ship bought out Hilo Hattie’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With the airlines charging for luggage now, you don't see as many people dressing formally or bringing extra "costumes" as you use to.

On our very first cruise, many years ago, we were into Country line dancing. This was when airlines weren't charging extra for extra luggage, and before most people had computers in their homes. We didn't know what to expect, so we packed our cowboy boots in preparation to do some serious boot scootin'. Turned out that we didn't need them, since the typical foot wear was sneakers or flip-flops. Now, with the ability to do a little on line research (thank-you Google), it's pretty easy to find all kinds of information about what activities take place on board, and what to pack and not pack.

We don't bother finding out about activities before we board the ship.

We don't pack anything special , just whatever clothing we enjoy wearing.

I imagine you can use Google with the name of your ship and the words 3 day to see if you can find previous listings of activities.

I am sure you will be fine even without knowing everything ahead of time.

The ship does not send out e mails telling about activities.

Thanks everyone. So far I am going from a medium sized suitcase to regular sized carry-on suitcase down to a regular sized carry-on bag and under-the-seat bag, LOL. I DO NOT want to over pack.

I appreciate the information. I will just pack regular stuff - keeping an eye on the weather reports as the days progress.