Cruise and passport name

bgyoshi

All should be aware that Big Box Store Travel Agents and travel agencies in general have error and omission insurance to cover them for errors. If it was me, I would pursue reimbursement for the additional fees associated with this error..

I don't know of any travel agent who would submit a $200 claim for error and omission insurance and risk their insurance going up. Most will just eat the expense. It would have to be a very large claim for a company to file a claim.

Glad you persisted and got it fixed! One can't do much about airlines and their fees. Airlines are basically evil. The fees your "TA" was charging were charging are amazing. I'm so glad I've never used that service although I was once tempted due to the massive OBC they were offering. In my case it might not matter anyway as I handle all of my own stuff until final payment but I prefer a local TA I can call (or walk into the office) who is totally responsive and who gives me a discount off the price rather than OBC.

Now... Go enjoy your cruise. You've earned a rest. :D

Yes, EZ Air has change penalties if it's less than 45 days out. It is going to cost you something to change an air reservation that's already been ticketed. I don't know why it would affect more than one person's air ticket or the cruise portion though. I think that's some kind of miscommunication between the TA and Princess and you, or else the TA is charging you an extra service fee.

I agree with others that are telling you to call Princess directly and get as much help as you can from them. I don't agree that the entire thing can be fixed for free if the air portion has been ticketed in the wrong name though. The airline will definitely charge a fee and Princess is not going to eat that cost since this was your error.

Whoever you speak to next, I recommend having some paper and a pen handy and taking notes and asking questions until you understand exactly what they are charging you for and what alternatives you have. You have a right to know how much of the change fee is related to the airfare, how much is the TA's service charge, why there's a cost related to the two people who were ticketed correctly, etc.

Download a free app to your cell phone that records calls. Don't get worried about it being legal or not. They record THEIR calls ... Princess, Big Box TA, etc. Yours is easier to find on your phone than their with 1,000s of calls.

It's more of a recorded proof if TA outright lies to you.