Changes to celebrity suite?

Now that the covers have come off of Edge- I can clearly see the full balcony on our CS (12104). Thanks again to Marilyn! I can also understand the need to change it to be in line and uniformity with the surrounding balconies of the Penthouse and Royal Suites that are adjacent to it. I think it might look strange from the outside view with the original half balcony and loggia design. The other CS's are on deck 11 so my explanation is a bit weaker for those. But I am happy to have the larger balcony and I think most people deciding on a CS would rather have a larger balcony too.

Now that the covers have come off of Edge- I can clearly see the full balcony on our CS (12104). Thanks again to Marilyn! I can also understand the need to change it to be in line and uniformity with the surrounding balconies of the Penthouse and Royal Suites that are adjacent to it. I think it might look strange from the outside view with the original half balcony and loggia design. The other CS's are on deck 11 so my explanation is a bit weaker for those. But I am happy to have the larger balcony and I think most people deciding on a CS would rather have a larger balcony too.

Your balcony looks amazing! I am wondering if they did some polling of past suite guests about whether they would rather have a large balcony or give up part of it for a loggia (a thread about the Revolution had posts from people who were polled by X - they were given various designs to choose from and recognized some of the choices in the Revolution announcement last week). I would go with the larger balcony myself, but they didn't ask me. :D

How did you get a free upgrade? Have been in aft S1 suites on other celebrity ships and would in a heartbeat move for free! Other ships soot on balcony, to sunny to have breakfast on, and noise. We also had window washing equipment in front on our side window most of the trip. Hope the edge is improved

The upgrade was due to a situation where a Celebrity employee was not playing nice. Personally, I do not care for the CS’s on S Class; the small bedroom and bathroom are just too enclosed for me...no other suite was available...it just was a nice gesture that made me really appreciate that Celebrity took my concerns and dignified them with a wonderful response...it was the response and not the upgrade that was important!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Lastdance

Our walk to the gym from our S1 corner aft on deck 11 took less than four minutes due to dodging other people, waiting for some who had the width of the hallway, along with trays on the floor...we were very polite! Luminae will be on port side, so add 30 seconds, give or take...but everything “suite” is there, so hopefully I will only gain one pound!!![emoji12]

VT...please time it since you have the same cabin...Hahaha!

Our walk to the gym from our S1 corner aft on deck 11 took less than four minutes due to dodging other people, waiting for some who had the width of the hallway, along with trays on the floor...we were very polite! Luminae will be on port side, so add 30 seconds, give or take...but everything “suite” is there, so hopefully I will only gain one pound!!![emoji12]

VT...please time it since you have the same cabin...Hahaha!

You won't want to use my time - I will be stopping to peek in all the cabins along the way. I may even take a few measurements along the way! ;)

Your balcony looks amazing! I am wondering if they did some polling of past suite guests about whether they would rather have a large balcony or give up part of it for a loggia (a thread about the Revolution had posts from people who were polled by X - they were given various designs to choose from and recognized some of the choices in the Revolution announcement last week). I would go with the larger balcony myself, but they didn't ask me. :D

I was not asked either but maybe after we cruise on Edge they will use our comments to improve the new Apex or the following two ships.

The new brochure just posted confirms that the amenities still listed on the website including dressing area and veranda off the bedroom are definitely gone. Rooms also are smaller (slightly) than in the original marketing materials. Lost 10 sq ft total but almost 50 sq ft off the room itself. My first suite so still happy and I know I'll enjoy it but can't help but feel slightly let down.

The new brochure just posted confirms that the amenities still listed on the website including dressing area and veranda off the bedroom are definitely gone. Rooms also are smaller (slightly) than in the original marketing materials. Lost 10 sq ft total but almost 50 sq ft off the room itself. My first suite so still happy and I know I'll enjoy it but can't help but feel slightly let down.

It still looks amazing! Enjoy the suite life! :D

I think the SqFt is now redistributed as the larger balcony. Before in the previous design it was included as interior cabin space as the loggia.

We also have a Celebrity suite booked and also a little disappointed with the change. It is very similar to the Celebrity suite we will be in on Silhouette this November. I would have liked the design they first posted but won't let it ruin my cruise. If I like Edge I might try a corner aft Sky Suite. Love looking at the wake.

Pat

We also have a Celebrity suite booked and also a little disappointed with the change. It is very similar to the Celebrity suite we will be in on Silhouette this November. I would have liked the design they first posted but won't let it ruin my cruise. If I like Edge I might try a corner aft Sky Suite. Love looking at the wake.

Pat

Agree that it is very much like an S-Class CS. We had a CS on Solstice recently. I personally like the M-Class CS a lot - except the narrow balcony. I will report back and review the Edge CS after our January cruise.

• 3 months later...
On 8/3/2018 at 8:51 AM, TeeRick said:

Agree that it is very much like an S-Class CS. We had a CS on Solstice recently. I personally like the M-Class CS a lot - except the narrow balcony. I will report back and review the Edge CS after our January cruise.

Imo, they changed the original CS layout on Edge to be closer to those on the S-class ships because of the “Revolution” renovations. It was probably more complicated and therefore more expensive to change the existing CS's. Too bad, I really liked the original Edge CS design.

On 11/9/2018 at 10:10 AM, C-Dragons said:

Yes, that's true. Honestly, just sailing in a CS would make me happy. 😉 😁

I hope the S1's are magnificent.  A friend on our TA has one that he is willing to share, so I hope that it is much nicer than the old version, as I did not like the bedroom and bathroom - way too close for moving around in there.  i cannot wait until the end of April...so excited and hoping I still enjoy the new layout of S1 corner aft.

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

I hope the S1's are magnificent.  A friend on our TA has one that he is willing to share, so I hope that it is much nicer than the old version, as I did not like the bedroom and bathroom - way too close for moving around in there.  i cannot wait until the end of April...so excited and hoping I still enjoy the new layout of S1 corner aft.

I think the S1's will be very nice. We look forward to enjoying ours too.

Here's a picture of some of the CS's on 11. You can see some of the furniture (way to the right you can see a padded chair and table on one balcony). The S2's below don't have the nice thick padded chairs seen in the renditions - hoping they are staying clean and dry inside, waiting until the paying guests are there. 🙂

image.png.88f63d4fe8e6d6c6825a41487f81c962.png

11 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Here's a picture of some of the CS's on 11. You can see some of the furniture (way to the right you can see a padded chair and table on one balcony). The S2's below don't have the nice thick padded chairs seen in the renditions - hoping they are staying clean and dry inside, waiting until the paying guests are there. 🙂

image.png.88f63d4fe8e6d6c6825a41487f81c962.png

Thanks!  for our Jan 20th cruise we have the sole CS suite on deck 12.

• 2 weeks later...