Changes to celebrity suite?

I just went to the deck plans site that I linked in post #7 and found that they have taken the 2017 pictures off and updated the 3D schematic and it now has the picture posted by the OP, so looks like it was changed. I know X follows these boards so maybe they saw this discussion and made sure the new pictures were posted.

I have to admit, I like the old CS layout much better. If they wanted a bigger balcony they could have kept the exact layout and just remove the partition on the balcony and make it one wide space.

I agree!

I noticed something this morning while looking at the depiction of the “original” Celebrity suite on the Edge.

On Celebrity's website the original picture of the CS is still there below the Royal Suite info. (The CS pictures change to the new renderings when you click on the CS info button).

If you compare the old CS picture to the RS picture, except for the RS being wider, the layout of the two suites is almost identical, including the placement of the dining table near the suite entrance. I also noticed when comparing pictures of the floor plans of the two suites on another website, that the enclosed “loggia” area of the original CS, shows up in pictures of the RS, too. This effectively reduces the size of the RS deck, which is smaller than those on the S-class ships.

I'm wondering if some keen eye caught the similarity and questioned X about it prompting the changes to the CS?

Edited by C-Dragons

I noticed something this morning while looking at the depiction of the “original” Celebrity suite on the Edge.

On Celebrity's website the original picture of the CS is still there below the Royal Suite info. (The CS pictures change to the new renderings when you click on the CS info button).

If you compare the old CS picture to the RS picture, except for the RS being wider, the layout of the two suites is almost identical, including the placement of the dining table near the suite entrance. I also noticed when comparing pictures of the floor plans of the two suites on another website, that the enclosed “loggia” area of the original CS, shows up in pictures of the RS, too. This effectively reduces the size of the RS deck, which is smaller than those on the S-class ships.

I'm wondering if some keen eye caught the similarity and questioned X about it prompting the changes to the CS?

That could be. I noticed that the RS had a loggia too, but not the rest of the similarities. I had wondered if people didn’t like the loggia and wanted a bigger balcony - I keep looking to see if the RS has changed too. Will ask why they changed it when onboard for sure!

We are in AQ so no suite issues with our room layout.

. However I can understand why they might have made a larger balc in lieu of having both an open and enclosed balc..2 smaller areas and one of them enclosed,...better off with one larger outdoor space,

Much as we enjoy AQ class, if we book another cruise on an E class ship, I suspect we will look for something with a regular balcony,....but can't say for sure til we see what we have in AQ

In this Edge fact sheet - https://www.celebritycruisespresscenter.com/fact_sheets/1489410875_Celebrity-Edge-fact-sheet-March-2017.pdf - the RS and CS balcony sizes are as follows. Seems like the room layouts are similar, just smaller in CS.

Royal Suite (RS) 687 cabin 72 balcony

Celebrity Suite (CS) 460 cabin 51 balcony

The Celebrity Suite balcony has grown this week according to new renditions and looks to be double the size - no more loggia. 😊

The Celebrity Suite balcony has grown this week according to new renditions and looks to be double the size - no more loggia. 😊

So the balcony if doubled, the size goes up by about 50 ft2 and if the interior loggia is removed the interior size would go down by this amount. So cabin is now 410 and balcony 100?

If they needed to make a change I don't understand whey they didn't make it a double or triple-wide infinite balcony, making those 100 sq. ft. usable in any weather condition. Do people not understand how much more versatile the infinite design is?

So the balcony if doubled, the size goes up by about 50 ft2 and if the interior loggia is removed the interior size would go down by this amount. So cabin is now 410 and balcony 100?

That would compare to Reflection CS not on the angle: 395 cabin and 104 balcony.

Edited by vtcruising

If they needed to make a change I don't understand whey they didn't make it a double or triple-wide infinite balcony, making those 100 sq. ft. usable in any weather condition. Do people not understand how much more versatile the infinite design is?

None of the suites have the Infinite veranda (or least not yet;)). I actually think I will prefer the traditional veranda. We like to be out in the sun, not enclosed. If it is rainy, we will be doing other things. I am keeping an open mind and look forward to seeing the IV - I may change my mind.

None of the suites have the Infinite veranda (or least not yet;)). I actually think I will prefer the traditional veranda. We like to be out in the sun, not enclosed. If it is rainy, we will be doing other things. I am keeping an open mind and look forward to seeing the IV - I may change my mind.

As I understand it, the entire top window on the IV lowers so that the entire top section can be open. It's only fully enclosed if you leave the top part up.

As I understand it, the entire top window on the IV lowers so that the entire top section can be open. It's only fully enclosed if you leave the top part up.

Yes, but it has the sides and roof going all the way out to the opening, with a framed opening that would make us feel enclosed I think. We are from VT and love to be exposed to the sun more, hence went with the aft S1 with traditional balcony. I may feel differently when I see it but went with my gut (and my DH always wants me to choose the sunniest balconies ;)). I love the concept of the IV, just think for the Carib where we spend a lot of time on the balcony we might prefer the open balcony. I will let you know in December! 😃

Since the cabins on the port and starboard sides on each deck are directly above each other (not cantilevered) the amount of sun exposure in either a traditional or infinite balcony is the same. Somehow, people have the misconception that they will be in a dark tunnel with the infinite balcony. Same depth, same sun exposure.

Since the cabins on the port and starboard sides on each deck are directly above each other (not cantilevered) the amount of sun exposure in either a traditional or infinite balcony is the same. Somehow, people have the misconception that they will be in a dark tunnel with the infinite balcony. Same depth, same sun exposure.[/quote

If you mean me 😃:

We have a lot of experience with aft balconies and love the feel - no experience with the IV so not sure. I don’t picture them as dark, just a more enclosed feeling possibly.

As I said I may love the IV balconies- since we really wanted an S1 and the prices were good on day one, we didn’t have a choice. With any future Edge cruises will likely be out-priced for suites so will book AQ or regular IV if we like the IV - if not will go for the aft sunset verandas.

I agree, sunset balconies are great and have the most open feel of any balcony option. It will be fun to experience them all in person! Thanks for the fun back and forth, vtcruising!

I agree, sunset balconies are great and have the most open feel of any balcony option. It will be fun to experience them all in person! Thanks for the fun back and forth, vtcruising!

I can’t wait until the cabin crawls so that I really know what I am talking about! 😉

Versatile perhaps, but standing (or sitting) in front of an open “window” doesn’t compare with the same experience on an open verandah, IMO. We also enjoy sitting on the verandah every morning for breakfast, something we look forward to on every cruise, no matter where we’re sailing.

It's nice that the Edge has options for everyone’s tastes.

We will have the Inf balc on EDGE in AQ, but would much prefer a reg balcony despite option to enlarge the rm by keeping the balc window closed...Seems it will be fairly useless that way with our bed next to that balc area,.

The traditional open balcony style has opaque dividers between balcs, but much more light and breeze will come thru that as opposed to solid walls on both sides. We think the inf balc will probably be more like the "sheltered balcony" style on Cunard's QM 2.

It will be of course be interesting to experience it and will be something to evaluate and discuss after the cruise. May turn out great for trans Atlantic crossings but not so much in the Caribbean,..

We will have the Inf balc on EDGE in AQ, but would much prefer a reg balcony despite option to enlarge the rm by keeping the balc window closed...Seems it will be fairly useless that way with our bed next to that balc area,.

The traditional open balcony style has opaque dividers between balcs, but much more light and breeze will come thru that as opposed to solid walls on both sides. We think the inf balc will probably be more like the "sheltered balcony" style on Cunard's QM 2.

It will be of course be interesting to experience it and will be something to evaluate and discuss after the cruise. May turn out great for trans Atlantic crossings but not so much in the Caribbean,..

It would be nice for Alaska too, I assume.

hcat, I will let you know if my cruise alert for the 1/27 cruise shows any AQ becoming available, if the bed is by the bathroom. You probably already have an alert too, but thought I'd let you know. :D

It would be nice for Alaska too, I assume.

hcat, I will let you know if my cruise alert for the 1/27 cruise shows any AQ becoming available, if the bed is by the bathroom. You probably already have an alert too, but thought I'd let you know. :D

We'd appreciate that heads up & would would consider a move....our present location is very good but that identation shows bed by bi fold doors ( main worry of course would be if the charter out the ship so this is not top priority)

we did not register for alerts..no idea how to do that.

We'd appreciate that heads up & would would consider a move....our present location is very good but that identation shows bed by bi fold doors ( main worry of course would be if the charter out the ship so this is not top priority)

we did not register for alerts..no idea how to do that.

Will keep an eye out for AQ coming back into the inventory - maybe when closer to final payment people will jump ship.

If you are interested in setting up alerts, you could go “fishing” for a cruise price alert site. [emoji6]

Yes indeed so it seems that the "new" CS is very much like the existing one on S-Class.

I do like the location of the CS's. You will right in the middle of the suite life. Hope to see your digs on the cabin crawl. :D