Triumph Dry Dock

Sailing in her next year! Very excited to see her all this time later so I’m very curious to see what she’s getting.

Thinking of booking for next year - was hoping there would be a Havana area added! Enjoy your cruise!

Unless if Triumph gets a duck tail, I don’t see how one could be added.

I would expect something more like this:

Havana Bar, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, and Cucina del Capitano replace the pool, Seafood Shack, and Napoli Pizza on Deck 9 Aft. Pizzeria del Capitano replaces Chopsticks in the Lido buffet. A Steakhouse and a couple of other specialty restaurants replace the second floor of the Forward Dining Room. Waterworks and Serenity get added to Deck 10.

There might be a small chance of a Havana area being added to 10 Aft, by it might require removing or altering the jogging track, in addition to replacing the upstairs part of the Lido buffet with staterooms. It may also limit Carnival’s ability to add a Serenity area.

Havana Bar, Ji Ji Asian Kitchen, and Cucina del Capitano replace the pool, Seafood Shack, and Napoli Pizza on Deck 9 Aft. Pizzeria del Capitano replaces Chopsticks in the Lido buffet. A Steakhouse and a couple of other specialty restaurants replace the second floor of the Forward Dining Room. Waterworks and Serenity get added to Deck 10.

There might be a small chance of a Havana area being added to 10 Aft, by it might require removing or altering the jogging track, in addition to replacing the upstairs part of the Lido buffet with staterooms. It may also limit Carnival’s ability to add a Serenity area.

Thanks, appreciate that detailed answer! I guess if Havana accommodations are not offered now for May/June 2019 sailings, it won’t be there. Just hoping.......

I wrote to John Heald on Facebook last Friday asking if he had any details on the dry dock since I am looking to book the Triumph for Summer 2019. All he said was it is going to be a "special dry dock" and he'll have more details soon.

Really hoping they revamp the Triumph, not having a Serenity area is at the moment is a deal breaker for me.

I wrote to John Heald on Facebook last Friday asking if he had any details on the dry dock since I am looking to book the Triumph for Summer 2019. All he said was it is going to be a "special dry dock" and he'll have more details soon.

Really hoping they revamp the Triumph, not having a Serenity area is at the moment is a deal breaker for me.

I’m not on Fb, but if there’s any info on John’s page in the future about the changes could you please post it? I’d very much appreciate it, as Id like to book a cruise next June but am hesitant also. Thank you!

in other words, the ship will be Sunshine. that may be a good thing or a bad thing. I had mix feeling of the Carnival Sunshine when i sailed on that ship.

Why?

the two things that stand out is :1) the lido buffet layout was a bit odd with the food serving stations in the middle of the passageway making the area feel very crowded and the same horrible theater layout that the vista had.

• 2 months later...

we re booked for the april and the late oct triumph cruises out of Norfolk. I know she is going into the shipyard prior to the april out of Norfolk . does anybody actually know where and what will be done :'):')

John Heald gave a tease today on Facebook:

“Obviously I cant tell you too much yet but news coming soon will include:

Exciting times in dry dock. News coming soon

The dancing of the ships for 2020. News coming soon

Big contests here. News coming soon.

Who will the Cruise Director for the Carnival Panorama be. News coming soon

What will the Carnival Panorama have instead of the IMAX Theater her sister ships have? News coming soon.

Photos of John doing the Floss dance while wearing a mankini. Only if England win the world cup.

cheers and please stay tuned.”

That’s a lot of loose ends to wrap up, but we should get some answers soon.

Sent from my eye phone using a three legged yak FFS

Since Triumph's dry dock is scheduled to be longer than the typical dry dock (2 months-March and April 2019), it would seem likely there will be more work and updates than are performed in a usual dry dock. Since the Sunshine public relations fiasco where many of the previously announced improvements were not ready by the time Sunshine set sail after dry dock, Carnival does not provide information on what updates are anticipated or being performed. I'm guessing it will be the usual waiting and wondering game with the Triumph dry dock. Occasionally a few details are leaked out by the dry dock workers themselves (who are not Carnival employees).