Airfare through cruise line offered for Europe?

Shynook11

Does NCL offer tack on airfare through the cruise line partners or am I on my own for finding it? I booked for June 2019 and being so far out, there wasn't an airfare option. Was thinking maybe closer to sailing there would be availability. Anyone know? I can do it independently but was worried a bit about missing the ship in case of delay and for a far away destination, may like the idea of booking with the cruise line.

My TA gave me a deal where you get some airfare credit. But it's a really weird setup. You do not get to pick airline. Prices were outrageous. After credits, it came out to $1600/person from NYC to Copenhagen and back. I booked Delta directly, for $650/person.

This was a bit of a shocker for me, since I used Princess EZAir, and prices were a lot better than direct from airline offers, and this was without any credits from Princess. With Princess, I was able to select exact flights I wanted, including setting up an 8 hour layover in Rome which we used as a sightseeing day.

Does NCL offer tack on airfare through the cruise line partners or am I on my own for finding it? I booked for June 2019 and being so far out, there wasn't an airfare option. Was thinking maybe closer to sailing there would be availability. Anyone know? I can do it independently but was worried a bit about missing the ship in case of delay and for a far away destination, may like the idea of booking with the cruise line.

It has been my experience that you can not book air with an airline more than 10-12 months out so try looking again in June.

As far as NCL, I would not know the airline or times until close to cruising dates so I booked ours to Copenhagen on my own. I booked ours to arrive the day before and staying at hotel that night.

I've had NCL arrange air fare and other times arranged my own

as others have said you have no choice over route or timings and may not be to your preference as NCL gets group discount rate

They may also fly you in day of cruise when my preference is to arrive day before so not stressing about delays

I have purchased airfare once from Norwegian, however it was for the Transatlantic Cross of The Getaway-- Southampton, United Kingdom to New York City from Seattle, Washington. It was 2 one way fares. My travel agent was very happy with the pricing. The only draw back was they picked the airline and the scheduled. Overnight flight from Seattle to London. Had a package that covered the transportation from the airport to the hotel in London and shuttle bus transportation from the hotel to Southampton and the ship.

If you are looking at round trip fares it might be different.

I would book the flight yourself and the transfers. NCL charges for flights are usually very high. If you're worried about missing the boat, no pun intended, then book one a day early and stay overnight in a hotel/motel near the port.

Keep in mind that cruise lines' airfare only agrees to get you to your cruise. Let's say you want a week before your westbound cruise in the fall and a hurricane messes up your flight. You might lose precious precruise days and have no rights for any thing but leftovers. Book through budget airlines.

I was very happy booking a flight to LHR for a trans-atlantic crossing out of Dover through NCL. It included the transfer from Heathrow to the ship and worked out a lot cheaper than I could have ever booked independently. If you are doing a round trip it might be a good idea to have a look at pricing, I never book international flights farther than 3 months out. (I fly to Europe annually and check all kinds of discount brokers etc before booking). Keep an eye out for websites that will track pricing, they will help you.