Britannia lifts - tips welcome

philsuarez

As a scooter user and some one who has cruised on Britannia a few times I find that the use of the lifts calms down after a day or so. My best advice is to avoid busy times like at the end of the drill. Chill and stay down on the deck where your drill was. Have a drink and let things calm down. Far better than waiting by the lift getting stressed.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As a scooter user and some one who has cruised on Britannia a few times I find that the use of the lifts calms down after a day or so. My best advice is to avoid busy times like at the end of the drill. Chill and stay down on the deck where your drill was. Have a drink and let things calm down. Far better than waiting by the lift getting stressed.

That's a great idea Dai and I took your advice on our last cruise only to be told by the glass house bar staff that it would be 20 minutes before the waiters got back from their muster drill, and they were closed till then!

That's a great idea Dai and I took your advice on our last cruise only to be told by the glass house bar staff that it would be 20 minutes before the waiters got back from their muster drill, and they were closed till then!

So you had 20 minutes sitting in comfort people watching instead of standing by the lifts. Anyway being Caribbean you would be full of booze from lunch time.

A Beautiful ship, but only on the inside looking out.

Britannia's problem IMO is her two rear funnels, which look as though they were added as an afterthought and give her an unbalanced look. Her sister ship Royal Princess has one large funnel which recalls the one on Oceana, and like Oceana looks well balanced and much more handsome.

How about moving walkways as in some supermarkets. You can see which way it (the walkway) is travelling and get on one going in the direction you want

They wouldn’t be safe on a ship which moves around. Besides, as the presence of lifts causes most people to forget how to walk up and down stairs, moving walkways would doubtless result in even more lethargy!

They wouldn’t be safe on a ship which moves around. Besides, as the presence of lifts causes most people to forget how to walk up and down stairs, moving walkways would doubtless result in even more lethargy!

Ah; I was thinking of doing away with lifts and having a moving walkway between floors. Ideal for those who are mobility challenged and for luggage moving

• 2 weeks later...

We always aimed for deck 7 to go between stern and aft. Our cabin was aft C deck; we'd walk down the aft stairs to deck 7 then go all the way along past Sindhu and the photography bit to the atrium then go downstairs to deck 5 and carry on that way to get to the stern. Can't wait to go back on her as navigation will be so much easier. Fortunately we don't need to use the lifts so we very rarely did, we never used them during high activity periods.