Help I'm sick and 6 days to go

grammyof14

Came down with awful cold, anyone have any magic remedies? We sail out of Miami on the 8th and I feel rotten. Whats worse is I hate to fly with a cold, just terrible on the ears.

Our son was REALLY sick last weekend. We were so afraid it was mono but it was just a bad flu or cold. All better now thank goodness.

Drink, drink, drink ALOT of juice & water.

If your ears are bad get the doc to prescribe some cotosporin otic.

I also take "airborne" fizzy tablets to build immunity.

Our son was REALLY sick last weekend. We were so afraid it was mono but it was just a bad flu or cold. All better now thank goodness.

Drink, drink, drink ALOT of juice & water.

If your ears are bad get the doc to prescribe some cotosporin otic.

I also take "airborne" fizzy tablets to build immunity.

Been taking the "airborne" and maybe thats why its not worse, but never heard of cotosporin otic. But thanks everyone for the advice, this trip is very special as we're in our 60's and 70's and this is our anniversary cruise. Checked all the websites and can't find cotosporin, is that the correct spelling? Thanks again

thanks all, we leave on Thurs for Orlando, then to Miami on Sunday, cold is so much better, I hate to be optimistic, but I'm so excited. Went to Dr. and he said anything over the counter is okay if its only used during flight to avoid head congestion even with my high bp. He did say Zicam swabs were good, so I'll pick them up in the morning Bon Voyage:cool:

thanks all, we leave on Thurs for Orlando, then to Miami on Sunday, cold is so much better, I hate to be optimistic, but I'm so excited. Went to Dr. and he said anything over the counter is okay if its only used during flight to avoid head congestion even with my high bp. He did say Zicam swabs were good, so I'll pick them up in the morning Bon Voyage:cool:

FYI If your going to be in Orlando later this week...it's going to get COLD. The last 2 days have been in the 80's by the weekend overnights in low 30's days struggling into the 50's. The weatherman said coldest weather since 2003 is coming:eek:

Enjoy your cruise and glad to hear your feeling better

My only advice is get plenty of rest and fluids between now and then, and take your vitamins! :o

Then, before you board, make sure you take some decongestants if you're still plugged up, and they don't cause other problems for you. And bring a hot beverage with you on the plane. (Personally I love mint tea and chicken soup when I have a cold.)

I've flown with really bad colds before and I was absolutely miserable! :mad: Thought I was going to blow out an eardrum. And of course felt even worse for several days after flying.

Good luck! ;) We leave on the 7th, and all my family was trying to give me a cold at Christmas. So far so good! And I even had my first flu shot ever this year as a precaution. LOL.

Consider buying a package of Earplanes for $5-7. They are a type of earplugs that you wear at take off and during landing, beginning when the plane starts to descend. They help equalize the pressure in your ears. You can find them at Wal-Mart and probably any pharmacy.

I too reccommend the "Earplanes". I got a terrible upper resp. infection and cold 5 days before we were to leave on our last cruise. My doctor even told me he did not reccommend that I fly. I told him I was going anyway. :cool:

He said if I must- use the nasal spray before take off and then again before landing. I also bought the earplanes and they worked wonderfully. If you have to fly with a cold these are a must. They equalize the pressure in your ears.

For me the combo of inhaler, antibiotics and cough med. , nasal spray from the Dr. did the trick and I was feeling better by the end of the five days. Then the sun and total relaxation helped me beat it. There is nothing like laying in the sun with a drink in hand that makes everything feel better!

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon.

Barb, I hope this note finds you feeling chipper and ready to have some fun! An update on our weather for ya.........Thursday-75 degrees....Friday...57 degrees...Saturday...33 degrees:eek: . Bundle up, feel better, enjoy your vacation:D

Archived