Caribbean Princess mini suite

elruth

Just booked a mini suite on Caribbean Princess. First time on a Princess cruise. We're on Dolphin deck and the lifeboats are a deck below us. Will that interfere with our view from the balcony? Also this cabin has a tub/ shower combo. Is there a curtain around the tub? I have some mobility issues and the rep said there is a side bar that will be a help as I get into the tub to take a shower. We're in D 214 and I hope we didn't choose a loser cabin. It was less$$ than in other parts of the ship.

The lifeboats are tucked away on Promenade deck and don't hang out to block your view so you are good to go on that count. Yes, there is a tub and it has a grab bar. USE it as the tub is kind of high making for a longer step down. You should have a great cruise. :)

Just booked a mini suite on Caribbean Princess. First time on a Princess cruise. We're on Dolphin deck and the lifeboats are a deck below us. Will that interfere with our view from the balcony? Also this cabin has a tub/ shower combo. Is there a curtain around the tub? I have some mobility issues and the rep said there is a side bar that will be a help as I get into the tub to take a shower. We're in D 214 and I hope we didn't choose a loser cabin. It was less$$ than in other parts of the ship.

D214 is a nice cabin in a nice location. For information all mini suites have the same interior layout so you didn't make an error. Nice views from your balcony, not obstructed at all. The tub requires a high step to get in and out as it is raised off the floor some. If you find it too difficult you can try the spa area changing rooms to shower.

I wouldn't want one of the Dolphin Deck minis because the balconies are uncovered. You may want to consider moving to one of the Caribe Deck balcony cabins. You'd give up the extra space of the mini suite and the tub/shower combo, but you'd gain a great balcony that's partially covered.

I wouldn't want one of the Dolphin Deck minis because the balconies are uncovered. You may want to consider moving to one of the Caribe Deck balcony cabins. You'd give up the extra space of the mini suite and the tub/shower combo, but you'd gain a great balcony that's partially covered.

There are also mini suites on the Emerald deck that are fully covered. Great quiet location. We prefer Starboard side if possible.

I specially chose the Dolphin because I like the bigger balconies and no one really spends their time looking down at you.... Maybe to wave hi.

The mini suites on the Emerald deck are covered and the same size,46 sq, as the ones on the Dolphin.