Ordered 12 bottles of water, received 11

sbt518

I ordered bottles of water to my room because I like bottled water and I wanted the convenience of having it in my room and I drink alot of water - next cruise I will do so again.... I did get all the bottles I ordered - if I hadn't, I would have asked my stewart about it until I did get it.

A double bonus thread: A petty gripe and another round of bottled water arguments in one convenient location.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ha, that's funny! Between discontinued straws and lost water bottles, this Norwegian board is quite entertaining. Was looking for some reviews on the Sun since its fiasco a while back, but this is much better.

On the Epic out of Barcelona on May 20, we ordered the 12 bottle water package and only received 11. We called and complained and were told we’d get the last bottle the next day.

That didn’t happen, so at the latitudes party when the beverage manager asked us how our cruise was, we asked him for our missing water. We did receive it after that.

But it makes me wonder, did Doug ever get his missing water on the Inaugural sailing? Does NCL short everyone a bottle or two and hope we won’t notice?

Has this happened to anyone else?

Huh? This is news worthy?

Huh? This is news worthy?

Is everything on this board "newsworthy"? I wasn't aware we were only allowed to post things that met your approval.

If you can't appreciate a lighthearted post, maybe the internet is not the place for you.

I’m sure the beverage manager had nothing better to do then to make sure you got your 3 dollar bottle of water[emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

You're right, he didn't. One of his guests ordered a product and it was not delivered as ordered. When the guest reached out to his employees, they failed to complete the order as requested. I believe not once, but twice.

So this actually was a very pressing matter for the Beverage Manager, even if the employees in question were not his direct reports. And all the OP wanted was the missing bottle of water, not compensation or anything else, just a bottle of water. The Beverage Manager's job is to manage, to ensure his employees are fulfilling their role and helping the company achieve its objections. One of which is delivering a good experience.

Now conspiracy theories about NCL doing it intentionally are just that. The room steward was probably just in a rush and miscounted or was short one bottle and forgot to deliver it later. A million ways this could have happened.

You're right, he didn't. One of his guests ordered a product and it was not delivered as ordered. When the guest reached out to his employees, they failed to complete the order as requested. I believe not once, but twice.

So this actually was a very pressing matter for the Beverage Manager, even if the employees in question were not his direct reports. And all the OP wanted was the missing bottle of water, not compensation or anything else, just a bottle of water. The Beverage Manager's job is to manage, to ensure his employees are fulfilling their role and helping the company achieve its objections. One of which is delivering a good experience.

Now conspiracy theories about NCL doing it intentionally are just that. The room steward was probably just in a rush and miscounted or was short one bottle and forgot to deliver it later. A million ways this could have happened.

Yes, THIS, he asked how our cruise was and if there was anything he could do. We said, this is silly but....

He wrote down our cabin number on his notepad and that night we had our bottle of water. No big deal.

We had called about the missing bottle twice. We didn't try to make a federal case out of it but if you're already paying exorbitant prices for water, you should at least get what you order.

Even if you pay 50 cents a bottle, you should get what you order.

And I posted about it just to see if this happened to anyone else because I do remember reading TheDougOut's live review of the Bliss TA that he ordered 24 bottles and only got 22. So no, I don't think NCL is building a new ship on their stolen water bottle profits or they are intentionally trying to short us all but it is an example of service on board so I though might be relevant to the cruise critic community.