Miami Hotel With Cruise Parking

sc4125

Can anyone recommend a decent hotel in Miami that will let you leave your vehicle for a 7 day cruise? I've seen several at the airport, but not sure I want to hassle with getting a taxi from the airport to port & back.

We only live about 3 1/2 hour drive from Miami and normally just drive down the morning of the cruise & park at the port, but I always get nervous about having car trouble or getting into a minor fender-bender that will cause us to miss the ship.

Just trying to determine if it would be cheaper to stay at a hotel the night before & still pay to park at the port, or if it would be better to stay somewhere that allows parking for the 7 days.

Check hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA - Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, etc. Two other hotels popular with cruisers include the Embassy Suites MIA and a budget option - La Quint East. NONE of these includes a ride back to your car, so figure on a $30+ taxi or about $20 for an Uber post cruise.

www.parksleepfly.com and www.stay123.com are two sources to check for other hotels offering cruise parking packages.

Have you looked at the cost of two one-way rentals compared to hotel or port parking deals? :confused: National, Alamo, Thrifty and Enterprise offer free shuttles between their MIA airport location and POM. ;)

I did check the car rentals - going from Central Florida (Lakeland) and dropping the car in Miami is pretty reasonable, but to rent from Miami and drop off in Lakeland was crazy expensive. It would cost just a tad bit more to pay the $21 day to park at the port and would be much more convenient.

I'll check on those hotels & if all else fails, we may just drive most of the way down & stay somewhere off Interstate 95 as we start to get closer to Miami. That will lessen my anxiety about missing the ship.

We have a 3 hour drive to Miami and opt to stay near airport to avoid Miami traffic. We stayed at Hilton Garden West near airport. Free parking for 11 days. Had a park and cruise package. Hotel staff very friendly. Price was right. Shuttle to port very efficient. Return to hotel after cruise was arranged thru hotel staff with another couple paid $25 per couple.Restaurant on premises was good for evening meal and breakfast. Area seemed to be safe. Would stay again.

We recently stayed at the Hampton Inn Coconut Grove the night before our cruise and took an Uber (less than $20) to and from the pier. (They have a shuttle but it went too late in the morning for us.) We had a 7-day park-and-cruise package, but the hotel let us leave our car for 11 days without charging us extra. It worked out well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did check the car rentals - going from Central Florida (Lakeland) and dropping the car in Miami is pretty reasonable, but to rent from Miami and drop off in Lakeland was crazy expensive. It would cost just a tad bit more to pay the $21 day to park at the port and would be much more convenient.

I'll check on those hotels & if all else fails, we may just drive most of the way down & stay somewhere off Interstate 95 as we start to get closer to Miami. That will lessen my anxiety about missing the ship.

Shirley, I have a Cruise Critic link for decent savings of the Hampton Inn & Suites, Brickell Ave which included parking for your night of stay and 1/2 price discounted parking while you are away. There is a one-way shuttle included, so you need to factor about $20 for a return taxi trip. Of course a nice breakfast is included as well as a Happy hour drink. Lovely hotel. nanatravel at sc coast dot net.

We have a 3 hour drive to Miami and opt to stay near airport to avoid Miami traffic. We stayed at Hilton Garden West near airport. Free parking for 11 days. Had a park and cruise package. Hotel staff very friendly. Price was right. Shuttle to port very efficient. Return to hotel after cruise was arranged thru hotel staff with another couple paid $25 per couple.Restaurant on premises was good for evening meal and breakfast. Area seemed to be safe. Would stay again.

I just booked with Hilton Garden West for the October cruise & 7 night parking. It will only cost a little more than the Port of Miami charges for parking. Thank you for the suggestion.

Has anyone used hotel n parking.com to book a room in Miami? I have read a ton of horrible reviews from bad customer service to shady hotels, anyone used them ? I booked a room but having second thoughts and now i cant log into my account i created. Logged in fine Sunday. I even tried to reset my password but the email says click the link and their is no link in the email to reset it? No one answers the phone, called 4 times today. Have not received a confirmation like the first emails says and hotel says they have no reservations for me? But my cc was charged the little 22.00 fee. Hmmm

Edited by Angiet75