Internet

cruisetilidrop

I just posted a thread on this too seeking information from someone who recently sailed.

I found the document below that looks to be from this year but perhaps they increased pricing. My quote in my cruise planner is about $40 more than the prices listed on the document.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

You do know that you can just buy one package and share it between devices. The only limitation is that only one device may be connected at one time. Celebrity (intentionally?) mislabels the information to make you think that if you have two devices you have to buy the package for 2 devices. No....you only need to buy for 2 devices if they both will be logged into the ship's network at the same time.

How much is the internet onboard for a 14 day cruise? We will be doing the Antarctic cruise and was wondering also about the strength of signal.

Thank you.

Since the internet is beamed from satellites you might not have the best service that far south. Depends on the satellites path.

Edited by Charles4515

My wife and I did the Antartica trip in Feb 2017 and has the Internet package as a perk. The service was fine most of the time. We made VOIP calls to the US each day to our kids

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is interesting. I have never been to Antartica but on two trips close to the Arctic the internet failed often the farther north we went because of the satellites orbit.

I just posted a thread on this too seeking information from someone who recently sailed.

I found the document below that looks to be from this year but perhaps they increased pricing. My quote in my cruise planner is about $40 more than the prices listed on the document.

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/16049912_CEL_Xcelerate_Trade_Flyer.pdf

I've two cruises booked. One cruise is priced per this flyer, the other is $35 more than the flyer suggests.

When I queried it I was just told there had been some changes and the price I was being quoted was the correct price. You can still get any Captain's Club discount, if it's applicable, applied to the price in your cruise planner by calling in to purchase.

EDIT: I see the flyer does actually say "Starting from prices for unlimited packages..." so that would mean it could be higher. :(

For what is worth, we upgraded our elite plus to unlimited package to unlimited and it cost $175 for a 12 night cruise. This meant the original,price was $269. So it looks like they raised the price $30 recently.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

For what is worth, we upgraded our elite plus to unlimited package to unlimited and it cost $175 for a 12 night cruise. This meant the original,price was $269. So it looks like they raised the price $30 recently.

Elite Plus pre-cruise would be $175. That’s $299 - 10% (pre-cruise discount) - 35% (Elite Plus discount)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums