Sunshine 8 Day Aruba, Curacao, Grand Turk - May 18, 2018

l2f

Thx for the review. Seems to be more and more reviews commenting on the movement of the ship. Perhaps because it is older and doesn't have the latest technology. I'll ensure DW has plenty of dramamine.

We were on the this same sailing. Yes , The ship had lots of movement the 1st couple of nights. They delayed one of the shows in the theater one evening until we hit calmer seas.

We found that we felt the most movement whenever we were aft in the dining room. We stayed on deck 1 midship, outside cabin, though we constantly felt some movement it didn’t bother us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aruban Seafood Soup, Grilled Mahi Mahi topped with Scallops, special of the day which was Grouper & Lobster. It was all great.

The atmosphere, being on the beach.... was also great.

In case you missed it, there is a menu on their website we found prior to our cruise.

Thank you for the follow up.

Much appreciated!!!!

Were going on the same itinerary next month (minus Grand Turk). What nights were formal nights? We're trying to schedule those nights in the MDR and other nights in some of the specialty restaurants.

Thanks, TF

Were going on the same itinerary next month (minus Grand Turk). What nights were formal nights? We're trying to schedule those nights in the MDR and other nights in some of the specialty restaurants.

Thanks, TF

1st sea day (so 2nd night )and for us it was the night in Grand Turk , so that was on the Thursday during the week.

Great review, DW and I were on Sunshine in April and Caught in the Act band was great, went to all of the performances from them and that’s the first time we’ve ever done that. Oh and Ship was a little bouncy, lots of rocking, I wonder if the Seas down that way are just rough that part of the year.

We are gone from Friday-Saturday, so your Formal Nights were Saturday and Thursday?

1st sea day (so 2nd night )and for us it was the night in Grand Turk , so that was on the Thursday during the week.

Hotel

We stayed at the LaQuinta Oceanfront Cocoa Beach. This was the first time we have stayed at any LaQuinta Hotel. The hotel was right near Cocoa Beach Pier. All the room doors were exterior and it only had one elevator which was slow. Staff were pleasant. Nice room, everything clean. Breakfast was included.

Only negative thing to say was there was a group of 80 college grads staying during our stay. There was some noise.

All that said, we would stay here again.

We ate dinner at Grills. Food was excellent. We took ataxi and it was $10 each way.

This sounds like our typical pre-cruise stays in the Port Canaveral area although one time the wait for dinner at Grills was too long so we walked down the street to Fish Lips. That was also very good.

We've stayed at this La Quinta the last few times. We were wary the first time, but the reviews were pretty good. No more Radisson or the Residence Inn after that.

Just curious, I'm assuming you have sailed out of Port Canaveral before, so what provoked you to change pre-cruise hotels and try La Quinta?