Norwegian gem

Snoozy15

we was on the May sailing from New York for the cruise, 26th may. Boat not as pretty as other ships we have been on , cost cutting ship, food was great in the speciality dining, but apart from that the buffets not that great, sad to see so much food being wasted, when people round the world starving, just take a little and go up,again if you want more , entertainment well seen better , the dancers were brilliant, bingo lady drove me up the wall,, why are they so obsessed with how long you have been married, Def not for me this cruise company,

sitting on the balcony well we had to come in with the smell of people smoking wacky Baccy and listening to loud music , so ncl you are not for me,

we was on the May sailing from New York for the cruise, 26th may. Boat not as pretty as other ships we have been on , cost cutting ship, food was great in the speciality dining, but apart from that the buffets not that great, sad to see so much food being wasted, when people round the world starving, just take a little and go up,again if you want more , entertainment well seen better , the dancers were brilliant, bingo lady drove me up the wall,, why are they so obsessed with how long you have been married, Def not for me this cruise company,

sitting on the balcony well we had to come in with the smell of people smoking wacky Baccy and listening to loud music , so ncl you are not for me,

Try these

http://www.crystalcruises.com/

https://www.rssc.com/?s=PS_TSI_BD_BRA_GOO-g_NA_SRH_BRANDCORE_regent%20cruises_NA_US_NA_175104654882&_st_custom_id=a8ae7a9a-fae0-40f5-8171-d0ba9e457e97&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy6ypkorN2wIVTFmGCh1YDgt-EAAYASAAEgKN7PD_BwE&kenibpid=p.403.a8ae7a9a-fae0-40f5-8171-d0ba9e457e97.kw723

• Like 1

And was the DJ in bliss. I like bliss especially on the Gem but the music at christmas was terrible the music on the jade was slightly better.

Have you ever heard of grammerly?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

we was on the May sailing from New York for the cruise, 26th may. Boat not as pretty as other ships we have been on , cost cutting ship, food was great in the speciality dining, but apart from that the buffets not that great,

I was on the same sailing. Not sure what you found "not as pretty" about the Gem, but she looked quite lovely to me. "Cost cutting ship"? I'm not really sure what that even means. As for the food, it's subjective, so I won't argue with you, but you didn't even mention the main dinning rooms, which I thought were very good to excellent.

entertainment well seen better , the dancers were brilliant, bingo lady drove me up the wall,

The dancers and singer WERE brilliant, as were the singers, the husband and wife acrobatic act, and the Whitney Houston tribute. The only aspect of the entertainment I found lacking was the comedian, who was just so-so. I consider bingo more of an activity than entertainment, so I'm not sure why you didn't like the overall entertainment.

If you contacted the Hotel Director, this would have been addressed. I believe smoking on balconies is a fire hazard, so you should have notified someone.

It's rude to criticize people's grammar and usage when they're trying to communicate something. But if you need to do so, it's a good idea to spell “grammar” correctly. ;p

Well it's also rude to tell people that they're being rude, LOL! If you READ my second post, you would have seen that I corrected the word:(:evilsmile:

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/13/2018 at 10:50 AM, LocalTracks said:

If you contacted the Hotel Director, this would have been addressed. I believe smoking on balconies is a fire hazard, so you should have notified someone.

Yea, right?!! I would make as much trouble for the smoking rule violators as possible with the ship authorities. I am terribly allergic to smoke. Plus I ain't going to stand for any discomfort since I too have to pay extra to have a balcony (versus an inside cabin.)

I don't really see how it is Norwegian's fault that people were smoking and playing loud music on their balcony if you didn't report it. Now, if you had reported it and the staff did nothing to remedy the situation, THEN I would blame Norwegian.

How did you find the food in the Main Dining Rooms?

• 2 weeks later...

Justin Golan's shows were a highlight of my B2B cruises in Sept. 2018.  He's SO talented, funny (better than the ship's comedians) and definitely involves the audience.  He has a show in NY this December.

Patrick Duffy & Justin Golan’s Piano Bar Show
Presented By The Duplex
Saturday, December 22nd at 7:00pm EST
Online sale ends: 12/22/18 at 5:30pm EST
The Duplex Cabaret Theatre
61 Christopher Street (at the Corner of 7th Avenue)
New York, NY 10014

Patrick Duffy and Justin Golan presents: NYC Piano Bar Showdown!  Come join us for a night of classic singalongs, but stay for the laughs!  This duelling piano show is the perfect gift for your friends, family or mistress. 
Justin Golan the beatbox/piano man

Justin is a professional Piano Bar Entertainer and Beatboxer from Toronto, Ontario, Canada. He has worked for several major cruise lines  as a Pianist, Piano Bar Entertainer and Music Director. With over 15 years experience as a vocal percussionist (beatboxer), Justin pushes the boundaries of the human voice and captivates audiences with his abilities. As a Piano Bar Entertainer, Justin puts on a high energy show with improvisational roasts and toasts, spontaneous beatboxing, and sing alongs!

On 6/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, Snoozy15 said:

Which other ships have you been on?  Your review is very not helpful without some specifics.

I don't attend bingo but likely questions are 'where are you from', 'what do you do', 'is this your spouse/family', 'how long married'.... just trying to get the audience involved I guess.  I would think bingo on most cruise lines is pretty similar, no?

I trust you contribute to feeding the poor in your community and around the world.

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, Snoozy15 said:

Can't really see the point of your post or the reasoning behind your eventual conclusion.

The Gem was our first NCL ship infact it was our first cruise and we sailed out of NYC too. We loved it that much that two years later we did exactly the same cruise and took our kids with us. I don't know what you mean by 'cost cutting ship' and you do not mention any of the prettier ships you have sailed before. Entertainment is subjective as is food although I don't believe the waste on the Gem is any more than any cruise ship. I'm sure most TV shows that have married couples on usually ask them how long they have been married. It seems a strange thing to moan about. As for your last point I see you have done the usual British thing which is nothing, then whine about it later rather than reporting it at the time and getting something done. In much the same way that if you were served an awful meal and then asked later if everything was OK you would Oh Yes Thank You. We all do it but it's hardly NCL's fault and again I'm pretty sure you would find the same thing happening on other cruise lines.

How did you find New York? (this question contains sarcasm)

To any other posters I would like to say I haven't used Grammerly or Grammarly and if it shows, then so be it.

I loved New York , see my brother who works out there,  and also I did mention it to the reception about the music and smoking ,  so please don't say I whinge you do not no me, do find conversing a problem ,  have a lovely.xmas.   -and that is being sarcastic,   Also been on around 30 cruises we are doing a 100 plus one next year perhaps our paths will cross , now I am being sarcastic. 

On 10/29/2018 at 9:55 AM, JamieLogical said:

I don't really see how it is Norwegian's fault that people were smoking and playing loud music on their balcony if you didn't report it. Now, if you had reported it and the staff did nothing to remedy the situation, THEN I would blame Norwegian.

I had people playing loud music below me on the Breakaway. It took several calls to the front desk to get it turned off.  I found out rather than having security handle the issue, they let the room steward handle it. 🤦‍♀️

18 hours ago, Snoozy15 said:

I loved New York , see my brother who works out there,  and also I did mention it to the reception about the music and smoking ,  so please don't say I whinge you do not no me, do find conversing a problem ,  have a lovely.xmas.   -and that is being sarcastic,   Also been on around 30 cruises we are doing a 100 plus one next year perhaps our paths will cross , now I am being sarcastic. 

I didn't say you whinged. I said it is a British trait to whine after the fact. Which it is. You sort of proved this by posting in the first place.

I will enjoy Christmas, got the Turkey in already. Don't think our paths will cross as my next cruise will probably be on NCL and I have no plans to visit Eastbourne.

Oh by the way how long have you been married?