What happened to SeaDogs?

A few years back, I clearly remember reading about the SeaDogs hot dog stand on Magic and Breeze (maybe Sunshine too). The menu was very basic, almost spartan: grilled hot dogs, buns, ketchup, mustard, tomatoes, onions, relish. That's it. Its operating hours were quite short: 12:00 PM to 4:00 PM, sea days only.

Lately, SeaDogs completely disappeared off the Carnival website. Google searches produce results only dated at 2016 and prior. Did Carnival do away with it, and merge the hot dogs with the deli? (Or with the burger grill, on any remaining ships without Guy's Burgers.)

It doesn't bother me, since I can get great hot dogs on land, but what happened to it? Was it any popular in the first place?

• 2 years later...

Blast from the past - I was just searching to see if this was still a thing on Carnival. I enjoyed it on the Breeze (love a good hot dog). When I took this shot, honest - I wasn't doing anything crazy (like HEY LOOK AT ME)! 

i-7ZKBNZT-XL.jpg

Tom

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Blast from the past - I was just searching to see if this was still a thing on Carnival. I enjoyed it on the Breeze (love a good hot dog). When I took this shot, honest - I wasn't doing anything crazy (like HEY LOOK AT ME)! 

i-7ZKBNZT-XL.jpg

Tom

This is exactly the type of thing I had in mind when I posted in a thread about changes for post-Covid restart. I said food carts and pop-ups to spread out the food options and people.

6 minutes ago, mondello said:

This is exactly the type of thing I had in mind when I posted in a thread about changes for post-Covid restart. I said food carts and pop-ups to spread out the food options and people.

True - and these people (who were not even aware of it at the time) were practicing proper social distancing !  😉

Tom

36 minutes ago, john91498 said:

It's always funny looking at pics like this. The only person in shape is the crew member...everyone else is grossly over weight...lol...

Almost nobody on a cruise looks like the people in the brochures. Do they still have brochures?

I was on NCL (Epic) once where they had a film crew making a promo video. Something about seeing a few young healthy models sunning, in hot tubs, etc - that just didn't seem like the cruise experience as I know it!

Tom

• 3 months later...
On 5/3/2021 at 1:26 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

i-7ZKBNZT-XL.jpg

Tom

I see you found SeaDogs on Mardi Gras. Looks like they came in from the cold and are now a part of the buffet. Menu was expanded from just grilled hot dogs, to where I see Italian sausage and currywurst pictured. I was wondering if they had any good brats and if the hot dogs were regular size or the big, oversized, fat (1/4lb?) dogs? I like regular size hot dogs better. BTW, I've seen French fries dipped in mayo but never seen it on hot dogs. That is blasphemy, no offense to Cheryl.

• Haha 1