Live from ms Nieuw Amsterdam 2018 June 30

bUU

We had dinner at the Lido last night because the gala menu was so unappealing. We just cruised into a fog bank that lasted the entire meal and probably most of the night for all I know so we didn't have much of a view. But we had choices. The hot line was taken over by a 4th of July menu which was all meat so we started at the pasta station but as I mentioned earlier there's definitely a consistent unwillingness to properly season the food offered. The red sauce was poor, like it was made for children.

I ditched that and found the Indian items. I had an excellent fish curry - full flavored and generous. (The rice was a bit feeble but heck it's just rice.)

Hopefully, we see more of these food choices designed for adults and less of these bland, legacy food choices in the future.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

Love all your pictures.
There will be loads once we get home. I'm treating the internet like a cranky child right now, not doing anything that might get it upset.

This message may have been drafted using voice recognition. Please forgive any typos.

There will be loads once we get home. I'm treating the internet like a cranky child right now, not doing anything that might get it upset.

Good luck with your cranky child.

If there is a movie theater I haven't seen it.
From today's activities...

1210b5ecf2b255af98deba1252f01b79.jpg

Yes. Like everyone else, it goes by to quickly though.

There are some things you can do to make it even better, like behind sure to board first and go directly to to the second deck to grab a prime seat by the window. You'll down a lot of time standing outside but it is best to have a better place to sit down too.

Thank you bUU for the feedback. Enjoy the rest of your cruise

Sent from my SM-T580 using Forums mobile app

Yes. Like everyone else, it goes by to quickly though.

There are some things you can do to make it even better, like behind sure to board first and go directly to to the second deck to grab a prime seat by the window. You'll down a lot of time standing outside but it is best to have a better place to sit down too.

Trying again....

There are some things you can do to make it even better, like BEING sure to board first and go directly to the second deck to grab a prime seat by the window. You'll SPEND a lot of time standing outside but it is best to have a better place to sit down too.

BUU, can I ask if there are two different people using the CC account? Reason being that the posts in this thread are completely different than the posts I see on other threads. It would clear up some of the confusion. Thank you.

BUU, can I ask if there are two different people using the CC account? Reason being that the posts in this thread are completely different than the posts I see on other threads. It would clear up some of the confusion. Thank you.
I'm not sure what you are confused about. It's just one of me.

;) Good one ...

How has the large “group” on board impacted the cruise if at all?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Not one bit. We see them around the ship.. they wear name tags identifying themselves as part of the group. But concerns about the group were much ado about nothing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Final day, at sea.

We had breakfast at the Lido this morning. It's exactly what you'd expect in a really nice cafeteria. You can get some things made fresh while you wait but most of it is prepared and ready to go on steam tables. I want to meet the person who wraps the smoked salmon up so tight! Compared to Carnival, Royal Caribbean and even Disney, the passengers have been a bit better behaved at the buffet.

We've got some great choices for later today.. not sure which we will do. There are a couple of America's Test Kitchen classes; we will probably go to one of them. There is the Mariners lunch at noontime. We also want to spend some more time in the EXC lounge, perhaps getting together a game of Catan.

From today's activities...

1210b5ecf2b255af98deba1252f01b79.jpg

BUU - This may not be a great question given the Internet difficulties onboard, but 9 of us are on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week (same itinerary as yours), and we would like to be able to all text each other w/o having to pay for Internet access (much less cellular). Anyway, I know other cruise lines have provided the ability to chat via their onboard apps for a while now (w/o Internet access...it is IntTRAnet only), and I just stumbled upon a thread on here stating that the HAL app (Navigator) now has this capability too.

As luck would have it, I see in your screenshot of the Navigator app there is a "Chat" Icon in the upper left. Have you actually tried that out by any chance to see if it works? Worst case, I can post a separate thread, but since you happened to show this, I figured I would start with you!

I'm not sure what you are confused about. It's just one of me.

Well, I was expecting a thorough and more wordy review, just based on your posts elsewhere. Was looking forward to more details. (This is not a criticism; just an observation.) That’s what lead me to think there may be two people using one account.

The Internet has been spotty and sometimes down, so the OP cannot write much.

bUU - Do you both have phones to try the app?

That's very interesting if the chat works on HAL.. Celebrity will have it on their new ship for our cruise the next week. I'll make sure that DH takes his phone so we can try it.

Enjoy your last day at sea!

Yes internet about ship is like a cranky child. I lost a very detailed post early in the thread and lost it so I'm just posting short notes for now.

We're also really busy. We spent most of the morning enjoying presentations in the EXC lounge.

Just finished the Mariner lunch and waiting for America's Test kitchen to start in a couple of minutes.

ef42b45baab5d065f66b920bab223760.jpg46d0b2fe565b88000712a94cd62f2122.jpgc828dd56a4c097815ae20bf8767f5ecc.jpg

Hi there jumping in as we just got off this same cruise - the navigator chat worked however I think the internet issues (we didn't purchase a plan) possibly affected the intranet as well as the navigator app was inconsistent several times for us throughout the week... If that was a temporary issue then the chat was super easy to use, and the navigator app was also really useful for planning your itinerary each day from the activities available :) I only used chat with my husband's account in the same stateroom however I'm fairly sure you can add other users in other staterooms quite easily.

BUU - This may not be a great question given the Internet difficulties onboard, but 9 of us are on the Nieuw Amsterdam next week (same itinerary as yours), and we would like to be able to all text each other w/o having to pay for Internet access (much less cellular). Anyway, I know other cruise lines have provided the ability to chat via their onboard apps for a while now (w/o Internet access...it is IntTRAnet only), and I just stumbled upon a thread on here stating that the HAL app (Navigator) now has this capability too.

As luck would have it, I see in your screenshot of the Navigator app there is a "Chat" Icon in the upper left. Have you actually tried that out by any chance to see if it works? Worst case, I can post a separate thread, but since you happened to show this, I figured I would start with you!

Great review!! Do you happen to have the entire navigator showing all activities.? Trying to see what they have going on for teenagers. TIA
I do have it scanned into a PDF but unfortunately I have no way to post it on Cruise Critic.