AMPLIFIED MARINER: Quick Hits and Misses

I didn't say anything about them being available, just that they are not segregated nor limited to adults for example. Especially on the short runs Mariner is doing, I imagine those would be full quite often.

They weren't comfortable at all on Indy and they appear to be the same setup. We sat in them for a little bit.

The first 3-nighter on Mariner (just ended) compass has ice shows at 7 pm Day 2 and Day 3 at 3:30 pm. It probably is subject to change but, given Day 1 turn-around and departure demands on the crew/staff, I could see the ice show offerings remaining on Day 2 & 3 only. Hope that helps.

Hi, it sounds like you had a great time. By chance do you have copies of the Cruise Compass from your 3-day trip that you can share? Thanks!!

So get dressed up! No one is going to stop you....

I think I would feel just as out of place dressed up when few others were, as I would if I were dressed down when most others were not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think I would feel just as out of place dressed up when few others were, as I would if I were dressed down when most others were not.

Do your own thing man, whatever floats your boat. I work in an office with a relaxed dress code, most men wear jeans and a short sleeved button-up. But there are some that wear slacks with a long sleeve shirt and tie. No one thinks differently of anyone else, it's whatever makes you feel comfortable.

I would be more focused on how you want to enjoy your cruise, and less focused on what random strangers might think of you.

Besides, unless you're literally talking about wearing an enourmous ball gown or a tux with tails, gloves and a top hat, no one will even really notice. I mean, I'm assuming you're not wanting to get dressed up and go to Johnny Rockets?

It's quite common lately on the shorter Carib cruises to not dress up like the longer cruises. On longer cruises DH takes a tux, on the 3/4 night cruises...a pair of dress slacks, long sleeve dress shirt and tie works on formal nights for him. Not a big difference to take a tie along, so with Mariner doing away with formal nights...hmmm..."to tie...or not to tie"? That will be the question. ;)

We tend to dress up more when we go to Specialty restaurants also.

I haven’t taken a jacket or tie since 2016. Many of us like the more relaxed vacation. I mean it is vacation. Even Berns Steakhouse has dropped their jacket only policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While we actually like the formal nights on a 7 day cruise, it really is counter intuitive to the idea of a "laid back" Caribbean vacation. I've flown by plane to some nice resorts in the Caribbean, and you sure as heck aren't going to find anyone in a suit when it's 95 degrees outside.

I would be more focused on how you want to enjoy your cruise, and less focused on what random strangers might think of you.

Besides, unless you're literally talking about wearing an enourmous ball gown or a tux with tails, gloves and a top hat, no one will even really notice. I mean, I'm assuming you're not wanting to get dressed up and go to Johnny Rockets?

So I don’t really “focus” on anything. What I enjoy is being part of a community that elects to have at least one special, upscale night. If we’re not all, or at least mostly all, or at the very least, many of us participating, then I’d feel like a fish out of water.

While we actually like the formal nights on a 7 day cruise, it really is counter intuitive to the idea of a "laid back" Caribbean vacation. I've flown by plane to some nice resorts in the Caribbean, and you sure as heck aren't going to find anyone in a suit when it's 95 degrees outside.
Last I knew, the MDR is air conditioned

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Always feels warm to me. Never been in a cold MDR in nearly 30 years. Of course it is a factor of so many people being in there are same time, I am sure they are pumping cold air in continuously.

Anyways, looking forward to the revamped ship. I'll keep it in good shape for you. Are you coming to Miami to try it or waiting for it to reposition?

Always feels warm to me. Never been in a cold MDR in nearly 30 years. Of course it is a factor of so many people being in there are same time, I am sure they are pumping cold air in continuously.

Anyways, looking forward to the revamped ship. I'll keep it in good shape for you. Are you coming to Miami to try it or waiting for it to reposition?

Not sure yet. Have her scheduled here in Jan 2020. I may come down for an after final payment bargain. I want to see new terminal

Keep doing your own thing, no need to get to get snarky. My point was that very few people go on a 3 day to Bahamas over the weekend (which is, let's not kid ourselves, a booze cruise) to "dress to impress." If anything, they want to do the exact opposite. Royal has obviously been painfully slow to recognize these changes must be made in order to ensure their survival in the future. I'm not cheer-leading for one way or the other, just being realistic.

Keep doing your own thing, no need to get to get snarky. My point was that very few people go on a 3 day to Bahamas over the weekend (which is, let's not kid ourselves, a booze cruise) to "dress to impress." If anything, they want to do the exact opposite. Royal has obviously been painfully slow to recognize these changes must be made in order to ensure their survival in the future. I'm not cheer-leading for one way or the other, just being realistic.

Lots of Pinnacle’s made on those 3 night cruises.

Lots of Pinnacle’s made on those 3 night cruises.

We only had 3 before the switch, but I know a lady that spent weeks upon weeks on Monarch.

Yes it's a casual booze cruise, especially weekender. I rarely get that vibe on the 4 day.

Maybe in the summer.

I don't however, get the argument that it's hot outside. Especially when it's not that hot in the fall and winter.

Yes it's a casual booze cruise, especially weekender. I rarely get that vibe on the 4 day.

Maybe in the summer.

I don't however, get the argument that it's hot outside. Especially when it's not that hot in the fall and winter.

This is good to hear. We are taking their 4 day cruise....Mon-Fri, end of the summer with our kids. So hoping it's mostly families like us trying to get in a trip before returning to school (vs lots of people getting drunk)

PS - If we lived in Miami, I could see us doing weekend cruises a few times....and this would not be a "drunk" cruise for us...just a long weekend of fun.

This is good to hear. We are taking their 4 day cruise....Mon-Fri, end of the summer with our kids. So hoping it's mostly families like us trying to get in a trip before returning to school (vs lots of people getting drunk)

PS - If we lived in Miami, I could see us doing weekend cruises a few times....and this would not be a "drunk" cruise for us...just a long weekend of fun.

I see drunks on 7 day and longer cruises.