Overnight hotel stay during cruise

We will be cruising in the South Pacific and have a port stop in Tahiti one day, followed by a stop in Moorea the next day. Can we leave the ship in Tahiti and rejoin the next day in Moorea? Would we need to alert guest relations of our plan? Thanks for any guidance.

We will be cruising in the South Pacific and have a port stop in Tahiti one day, followed by a stop in Moorea the next day. Can we leave the ship in Tahiti and rejoin the next day in Moorea? Would we need to alert guest relations of our plan? Thanks for any guidance.

Most likely, but you must arrange with the cruise line in advance.

We did this a few years ago in the Med. The email address I was given was emergencyteam@rccl.com. They need ship/sailing dates, names of guests, stateroom number and which port you intended to disembark and rejoin the ship.

Once onboard we reconfirmed with Guest Services and in our case they had to take our passports and get some sort of approval from the port agent. I'm not sure why this was as we were leaving and joining within the same country (Italy).

Because you were entering the country other than part of a cruise group where you reboard the ship.

Just like if you flew in one day and flew out the next day.

They will charge you for the extra work they have to unboard and board you... and the paperwork...,

$75 per person! (y)

Is this new? They didn't charge us when we did it 4 years ago.

I was on a cruise last year with these ports, and quite a few people did this.

You must arrange it ahead of time. How far ahead of time, I don't know.

I believe that is only if you leave the ship for good.

I did send an e mail to that address but so far I have only received an automated reply. I will try the emergency@rccl.com address if I don't get a reply in the next 24 hours. We appreciate the advice from the cruisers on this board!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The charge is due to them being charged for immigration and customs personnel to process your entry to the country. This is not the same as arriving and departing on the ship.

If you do not depart when the ship does, you need to a formal, regular entry to the country.

I believe that is only if you leave the ship for good.

If you leave the ship to not reboard before sailing, the fee will probably be charged. As RCI gets charged for immigration and customs services.

It is a different circumstance to enter for the day and leave on the ship, versus staying over.