Is it possible to Upgrade from Drinks on Us to higher package?

Morgsmom

So I have the drinks on us package.....what will it cost me if I want a pina colada for example. If I upgrade to the classic package for what I understand is $18 per day, will that include frozen drinks?

Didn't see the "Classic" package listed for our sailing just the Deluxe? Hmmm?

Didn't see the "Classic" package listed for our sailing just the Deluxe? Hmmm?

It was cost $18 per day, call up MSC and they will do it over the phone

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yup.

The only one I saw was the $26/pp/day.

You can definitely get the Classic for $18 and yes it includes Pina coladas. You must call. It was very easy.

You can definitely get the Classic for $18 and yes it includes Pina coladas.

You're quite correct! It's clearly stated on page 3 of the following with the answer under the question:

Can I upgrade to the All-Inclusive CLASSIC package?

Yes, you can upgrade to the Classic drink package for $18 per person/per day.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/MSC-18-095%20Drinks%20On%20Us%20flyer_new.pdf

The following link shows what's included in the various packages:

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/2018%20Drink%20Package%20Comparison%20Guise%20with%20DRINKS%20ON%20US.pdf

So what I understand is that if we upgrade to the Classic package from the Drinks on Us, we avoid paying 15% every time we order a drink. Is there a 15% tax on the Classic package or is it included?

If you upgrade before sailing, you avoid the 15% service charge; it's added to the upgrade cost when you do it onboard.

With the drinks on us package, what would be the average 15% tax charge on a glass of wine or a beer....just trying to do the math to see what makes sense.

Also, any idea of the wine or beer selections? If the classic allows a glass of wine up to 7.50, how bad is the wine on the drinks on us package?

As we speak, I am trying to up grade my Drinks on Us Pkg to Prem.MSC agents are sayin since I booked the July 4 promo the Drink on us, is really a phantom promo and it can't be upgraded, WHAT.. Seriously... My TA is still trying to get answers. He was on HOLD with MSC for over 4 hours yesterday and not a single MSC Rep. took his call, we are FERIOUS. Wondering if anybody else is having trouble upgrading the JULY4th promo sailing on MSC Seaside???

Edited by capitalbarry

As we speak, I am trying to up grade my Drinks on Us Pkg to Prem.MSC agents are sayin since I booked the July 4 promo the Drink on us, is really a phantom promo and it can't be upgraded, WHAT.. Seriously... My TA is still trying to get answers. He was on HOLD with MSC for over 4 hours yesterday and not a single MSC Rep. took his call, we are FERIOUS. Wondering if anybody else is having trouble upgrading the JULY4th promo sailing on MSC Seaside???

Get your TA to email the MSC website link relating to the upgrade that I've posted to MSC!

With the drinks on us package, what would be the average 15% tax charge on a glass of wine or a beer....just trying to do the math to see what makes sense.

Also, any idea of the wine or beer selections? If the classic allows a glass of wine up to 7.50, how bad is the wine on the drinks on us package?

Just figure $1 per drink for easy math. So, yes the upgrade will probably cost a little more, but figure it as more like $10 per day and it doesn’t sound as bad. Plus a much better selection. Just my opinion.

• 3 months later...

Has anyone upgraded on board for only a portion of their trip. When I sailed on Celebrity I was able to do this. I will be on medication for the first half of my cruise and not even able to drink until the last three days and my spouse drinks what is in the DOS package only already. I was hoping to upgrade for 4 days only 

1 hour ago, Cruisennerable said:

Has anyone upgraded on board for only a portion of their trip. When I sailed on Celebrity I was able to do this. I will be on medication for the first half of my cruise and not even able to drink until the last three days and my spouse drinks what is in the DOS package only already. I was hoping to upgrade for 4 days only 

The Drinks On Us FAQ states the upgrade (made on the ship) has to be effective for the remainder of the cruise.  That should work in your situation.  It also states that all adults in the cabin must upgrade, that may not be what you want.  You will pay a 15% gratuity on the upgrade amount if upgrading on the ship.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Assets/MSC-18-095 Drinks On Us flyer_new.pdf

29 minutes ago, jmiotla4 said:

Does anyone know if you can change the drinks on US package to the non alcohol classic package thanks 

I don't understand why you would. You can buy all the non alcoholic drinks you want and you would get no credit for doing so. Ken